Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
Does anyone know what's the process after AOR? I want to leave Canada for a couple of months for personal/family reasons.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Right now with testing at a halt, such a trip shouldn't pose the risks it would otherwise pose (i.e missing test, interview or oath). Nonetheless, you may still be required to submit fingerprints and IRCC often requests fingerprints via snail mail. While the submission date for fingerprints is quite relaxed (as compared to a test/oath), it would still be wise to have someone regularly monitor your mailbox so that you could promptly submit your fingerprints.

Then again, it could take a few months at minimum depending on when you got your AOR.

Maysubs

Aug 20, 2020
I received my AOR on Oct 1, and had to travel for personal reasons the next day. I will be overseas until the end of January 2021.
If I am not mistaken, I have to advise IRCC of my travel plans through a web form. I wonder if this will delay the processing further. My PR expires in March 2022 and I have no intention of starting the renewal process in Spring/Summer 2021 either.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Right now with testing at a halt, such a trip shouldn't pose the risks it would otherwise pose (i.e missing test, interview or oath). Nonetheless, you may still be required to submit fingerprints and IRCC often requests fingerprints via snail mail. While the submission date for fingerprints is quite relaxed (as compared to a test/oath), it would still be wise to have someone regularly monitor your mailbox so that you could promptly submit your fingerprints.

Then again, it could take a few months at minimum depending on when you got your AOR.
Isn't fingerprint request comes by email?
I read so many applicants got it by email not the regular email.

Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
I am wondering, if we technically have fulfilled the Physical Presence requirement, and all correspondence is via e-mail...plus with COVID, tests(?)/oath ceremonies are taking place online...then it shouldn't really be a problem, as long as we let IRCC know as required?

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019

It doesn't came by email ? also, it does appear in ECAS?

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
This is what I have read on the forum - in fact, I literally just read it today. I suggest digging around the forum if it's important for you personally, just to be certain.

I can't speak for ECAS with certainty.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
I received my AOR on Oct 1, and had to travel for personal reasons the next day. I will be overseas until the end of January 2021.
If I am not mistaken, I have to advise IRCC of my travel plans through a web form. I wonder if this will delay the processing further. My PR expires in March 2022 and I have no intention of starting the renewal process in Spring/Summer 2021 either.
Well informing IRCC will most likely lead to a delay. Given you got your AOR in October (which means you are likely in the June group) and given that not even half of February applicants have received "In-Process", I think it's quite unlikely your status will even start processing by the end of January.
Then again, you never know whether or not IRCC will suddenly start processing applications faster. With that in mind, IRCC usually sends FP requests somewhere in the middle of the "In-Process" stage based on what I have gathered so far. Take that as you will.