+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel with Pr card Expiring next week

palaman4

May 6, 2015
Hello All,

Thank you for reading and helping.
My pr card is expiring next week but I have lived for more than 3 years in Canada under Pr status. I have an Indian passport with valid US visa.
I have learned that for entering Canada in your own car you do need to show your PR card or passport. is that true.
I wonder if I can travel to US in my own car and board my flight from US to India and then later return back to US when I have to come back via road into Canada.
Can somebody please let me know if that would work for my case, will surely thank with an upvote for an answer.

Thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes.

You can use your expired PR Card, or your landing docs to re-enter Canada. All CBSA needs to see is that you are still a PR. Even your foreign passport should connect to your PR on CBSA's screen. You should be prepared to be sent to Secondary Inspection, just to explain why you have an expired card...or, you may just get waived through Primary with no questions asked.

Reactions: palaman4

palaman4

May 6, 2015
Thank you for confirming Ponga!
So I will only have my Indian passport and expired pr card as my travel documents.
Do I need to travel in my own car only?
Would they allow if I come in a taxi with these docs.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for confirming Ponga!
So I will only have my Indian passport and expired pr card as my travel documents.
Do I need to travel in my own car only?
Would they allow if I come in a taxi with these docs.
You can also on foot. Not sure about taxi.

Reactions: palaman4