+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel (non-immigrant) visa to USA for Canadian Permanent Resident

dagliemin

Mar 23, 2018
You can apply, but the chances of a denial are high. It will appear that you are attempting to go to the US to stay there permanently.

Why do you want to go to the US?
I just wanna visit my friends there. I was a student in Usa. But I’ll come back to Canada. I’m happy here just wanna visit. What do I need to do?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I just wanna visit my friends there. I was a student in Usa. But I’ll come back to Canada. I’m happy here just wanna visit. What do I need to do?
That's a very flimsy reason. As a refugee, you can expect to keep getting denied till you become a citizen here and can travel without a visa. You can try applying but the chances are low.

Your friends can come visit you here, or else just wait 3 years and become a citizen.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi, I used to applied Usa visa with refugee travel document one year ago they denied my visa. Before I don’t have pr card and now I have a pr. Can I apply usa visa ? What do you recommend for me? I used to have usa student visa.Thank you
You would have to show ties to your home/work country (slim because of your refugee application last year and recent residency) and an admit from a college that shows strong correlation to your education profile. While one can never say never, I would recommend not spendng time and money on usa visa at this point, it will likely be rejected. Consider Canadian options for studies, build travel history to other countries before applying again.

pchalla

Feb 27, 2015
CANADA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-04-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
Hello everyone,
I have my US Visitor visa interview on October 7th. I am a PR for 2 years now. I will be eligible to apply for my citizenship on October 25th, 2019. what should I take with me as proof of connections to canada.
Thanks in advance
PC

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hello everyone,
I have my US Visitor visa interview on October 7th. I am a PR for 2 years now. I will be eligible to apply for my citizenship on October 25th, 2019. what should I take with me as proof of connections to canada.
Thanks in advance
PC
Your job letter, approved vacation plan, assets in Canada. Anything that will be a hassle to get in us