+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel document

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Pretty unusual request. I would imagine that preparing your case, setting up your life and looking for work once you get a work permit would leave little time for travel.

Jun 26, 2017
I dont think your question is unusual. There are mainly reason for traveling. Its not like all traveling are for pleasure. I do not see the path to traveling and I really like to know what the law says about it

maktabi

Jan 19, 2016
No, refugee claimant cannot leave Canada and comeback. Unless you decide to voluntarily withdraw your refugee case, take back your national passport and leave the Canadian soil. Although, you won't get your passport in-hand until you are in flight flying wherever you choose to.
Refugee travel document is only for:
Convention refugee or protected person.

Hope things goes well for you.

Jun 26, 2017
No, refugee claimant cannot leave Canada and comeback. Unless you decide to voluntarily withdraw your refugee case, take back your national passport and leave the Canadian soil. Although, you won't get your passport in-hand until you are in flight flying wherever you choose to.
Refugee travel document is only for:
Convention refugee or protected person.

Hope things goes well for you.

Good information. One has to commend Canada for the welfare. The work load is too much

Roy2015

Jun 29, 2018
You can travel, apply for a Refugee Travel Document, but make sure the country you travelling to accepts the RTD, it is not an unusual question, Refugees sometimes need to travel for work purposes...

tehtaimuriirl

Sep 24, 2014
Have anyone recently applied for turkish visa and got stamped on RTD ??
how long they take to process the application???
has anyone recently travelled as well???