+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Document processing time from Singapore High Commission

khondoke

Jul 3, 2014
Hello, I became PR on May 31, 2015 and didn't get my PR card yet. But I need to visit home (Bangladesh). I know, I have to apply for permanent resident - travel document (PRTD) from VFS-Dhaka, Bangladesh once I go there. And it will be processed by Singapore high commission. I couldn't find any information regarding the processing time for this application anywhere. Does anyone have any idea about that? How long it may take? Thank you.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
In India it takes around 2 weeks time thro VFS.

khondoke

Jul 3, 2014
In my case, it took only 2 days to send from Dhaka to Singapore and then only another 2 days to issue the travel document. Though I collected my passport after 1 week for personal reason. So, I think this process if much faster. :)

Reactions: adnancsedu

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam new PR resident and did not get PR card yet , I am planning to get the travel document also , the question now

1) is there any possibility that they can reject to issue for me and my family the travel document because we lift Canada before getting the PR ?

2) do we have to answer question 18 in the travel document

aeropostale89

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
guys i becAme a pr on the 2nd december and i would be going back in feb and comming back on travel doc in june , i wasnt employed in canada during this stay . does it affect my travel document chances?????

khondoke

Jul 3, 2014
@Finland & aeropostale89: both of you should be good. don't worry about travel document. as long as you submitted correct information in your application they will issue travel documents for you and your family.

@Finland: I don;t what question 18 you are referring. If you mention here the question then possibly I can answer from my best knowledge. Thanks.

adnancsedu

May 12, 2017
In my case, it took only 2 days to send from Dhaka to Singapore and then only another 2 days to issue the travel document. Though I collected my passport after 1 week for personal reason. So, I think this process if much faster. :)
Hi khondoker, Thanks for your post. I also need to take PRTD to return canada. I've lost my PR card and want to apply for PRTD from Dhaka through VFS global. Can you please suggest me the list of documents you submitted with your application. I landed on March 2016 and stayed briefly for 3 weeks. so I don't have much documents (payslip/tax/health card etc.) of living in Canada. I have scan copy of my lost PR card, Landing paper and my old passport (Also renewed Passport recently as the old got expired). Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in Advance. -Adnan

syasmin007

May 15, 2017
Hello everyone, I landed in Canada as a PR on May 12, 2018, and still waiting on the first card. I am travelling home at the end of July. If I am not lucky enough to receive the PR card before I fly out, I understand that I have to apply for a PRTD. For the eligibility of PRTD application, people on this forum have talked about residency obligations which I don't understand. 1) Can anyone please clarify that? I am just worried if I have proper eligibility for the PRTD application. I have already been on Employment Insurance (EI) before I was approved for PR application. So, I was not employed since the day I got my PR status. 2) Could my unemployment in Canada be a concern? For information, I applied for PR under EE-CEC stream. I was initially a student and then became a worker (under Post Graduate Work Permit) before PR application.

Any idea, suggestion or comments will greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

sg2626

Nov 21, 2018
How long does it take the process a PRTD in Singapore VFS? I'm only going to be home for 10 days and from my understanding, they DO NOT provide processing times. I dont know why.

syasmin007

May 15, 2017
How long does it take the process a PRTD in Singapore VFS? I'm only going to be home for 10 days and from my understanding, they DO NOT provide processing times. I dont know why.
In my case, I applied for the PRTD through VFS Chittagong on 5th August and I received it on 26th August which was very unexpected. As my trip was 35 days long, it didn't matter to me, but I was very surprised to see the lengthy processing time. Hope this helps.