+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Document is a basic human right

Alshuwaiter

Mar 15, 2022
“Freedom of movement is fundamental human. Right”, that what you wrote….article 12-17 gives you that right to move within state, you can move anywhere within Canada.
I am quoting the international human rights declaration not the Canadian Charter of human rights.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am quoting the international human rights declaration not the Canadian Charter of human rights.
Correct and it states,
Article 13 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) guarantees freedom of movement. You should be able to travel around your own country and choose where you live. This right is not absolute.

Where in Canada are you not allowed to travel as a citizen, refugee, PR etc? As a refugee, how is one discriminated (your words) against under this declaration? The UDHR statement is not about leaving Canada and travelling to other countries. It is about the freedom to move around anywhere in Canada. The declaration has nothing to do with getting your citizenship or PR.

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
There is NO such international human rights that guarantee you movement outside your country of residence....and by the way i didnt quote Charter of Rights and Freedom, thats Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Get your shit straight!