+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel document for permanent resident

federer.usmle

Oct 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i called them and they told me you are eligible foe certificate of identity and it's better to apply in person because processing time may take from 20 days to 4 month and they won't return the original passport to me .

i asked my friend who is in the same position as mine (he has his PR card and passport ) he told they issued to him travel document and not certificate of identity and he only pays 120$ not 260$

I'm confused again :'(

Take it easy guys.. Key78 was trying to help me and i appreciate his and your help . it is controversial topic and each one has different experience.

federer.usmle

Oct 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i saw this in the internet

"The Refugee Travel Document application is fairly straightforward in the sense that you are either a refugee with protected person status, or you are not. The Certificate of Identity, on the other hand, applies to that grey world of statelessness as well as to those who are unable to obtain a passport. Statelessness arises due to the conflicts between the rules of citizenship across different countries around the globe. What may qualify someone to become a citizen of one country may not qualify that person in another country. "

federer.usmle

Oct 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
check this link
"WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CERTIFICATE OF IDENTITY AND A REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT?"

http://www.immigroup.com/news/what-difference-between-certificate-identity-and-refugee-travel-document

denrus89

Mar 3, 2016
federer.usmle said:
i called them and they told me you are eligible foe certificate of identity and it's better to apply in person because processing time may take from 20 days to 4 month and they won't return the original passport to me .

i asked my friend who is in the same position as mine (he has his PR card and passport ) he told they issued to him travel document and not certificate of identity and he only pays 120$ not 260$

I'm confused again :'(

Take it easy guys.. Key78 was trying to help me and i appreciate his and your help . it is controversial topic and each one has different experience.
Hi Federer.Usmle,

100% confirmed info - DO NOT APPLY FOR THE CERTIFICATE OF IDENTITY.
APPLY FOR TRAVEL DOCUMENT. 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%
It's 120$, and typically will be issued for 5 years (which is enough to get your citizenship in most cases).
Send the originals (including your PR card).

Key78, no one is trying to offend you. It's great that you participate, but be cautious of what you post here as other people might get in big trouble (financially as well) if they proceed with the wrong recommendations.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Hi guys,
I am waiting for my PPR (AOR 12 October, PNP Inland) in Canada. I came to Canada with a "special passport" (not a regular one) because I was working at a public university in my county and therefore I had a public-servant status. My Canadian TRV is on this passport. Now I have the following problem: CIC asks a regular passport to stamp the Permanent Resident Visa. As mentioned above, however, I don't have a regular passport. I cannot receive a regular passport from my country, because after a military coup attempt my country doesn't issue any passport to me because of political reasons. It is impossible to get a regular passport for me at least several years until the political situation is normalized. I intend to write a letter of explanation to CIC and hope they apply PR visa on my special passport. However, if they cannot do this exemption, can I apply for a Canadian Certificate of Identity? According to official info permanent residents can get a Certificate of Identity if they are unable to receive passport from their country. Now my case is almost the same. When my passport request comes and CIC does not stick the PR visa on the passport I have, can I apply for this Certificate of Identity? Am I considered as a permanent resident in this case? PLEASE HELP ME!