+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel document entry canada

salt.life1920

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Situation as follows: i have positive decision letter since nov 2020 and applied for PR
Will i be able going on vacation using my rtd without the pr and returning to Canada with rtd and decision letter ? Or do i need my pr to be able to enter Canada again ?

please advise thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Situation as follows: i have positive decision letter since nov 2020 and applied for PR
Will i be able going on vacation using my rtd without the pr and returning to Canada with rtd and decision letter ? Or do i need my pr to be able to enter Canada again ?

please advise thank you
You will need to verify that RTD is accepted by the country you wish to travel to. Currently only essential travel is recommended and if you travel you should be prepared to potential get stuck abroad and make sure you have travel medical insurance that covers covid.

salt.life1920

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
You will need to verify that RTD is accepted by the country you wish to travel to. Currently only essential travel is recommended and if you travel you should be prepared to potential get stuck abroad and make sure you have travel medical insurance that covers covid.
Is there anyway to get denied entry by canada on my return bcz i do not have the pr yet ?

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
But remember if you become a PR while you're abroad you'd need to have the PR card before boarding the plane or you'll have to request PRTD from the closest VAC to you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But remember if you become a PR while you're abroad you'd need to have the PR card before boarding the plane or you'll have to request PRTD from the closest VAC to you.
They have been checking to see if you are in Canada before offering your virtual landing.

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
They have been checking to see if you are in Canada before offering your virtual landing.
I was landed virtually without any confirmation (no ePortal request, no calls nothing). They just sent an email Hey you're landed!