+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit visa required for Refugee travel document holders?

Sana-umar

Dec 28, 2017
Hello friends I am planning to go malaysia in January 2018 with RTD which airline is good and not getting any trouble with transit give me advice thanks

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Hi guys I am planning to go malaysia in January 2018 with RTD which airline is good and not getting any problems in transit things. Thanks
For Malaysia CHINA SOUTHERN AIRLINES. I have traveled with them to Malaysia. Had no problems at all. They only have one transit in guangzhou china. If u travel with any other airlines, make sure u dint have to change airports in CHINA , so u don’t need a china transit visa.

Sana-umar

Dec 28, 2017
thank you so much how long was your transit through where in China can you give me full details going and coming your transits thanks

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
thank you so much how long was your transit through where in China can you give me full details going and coming your transits thanks
It was about 6 hours transit in GUANGZHOU China on my way to Malaysia. And 5 hours transit in Guangzhou on my way to Canada. Hope that helps.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
It is really not about if the airline is "good" regarding transit issues, it is whether the traveler has required all necessary transit visas required, airlines just abide by the countries rules. Use the system you can find online called Timatic. It is used by the airlines. You put in all your travel information, city pairings, transit times, dates, and the type of document you hold. example RTD. The system will kick back whether you require a transit visa or not, or if there are any exclusions

https://www.traveldoc.aero/

Reactions: live&love

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
It is really not about if the airline is "good" regarding transit issues, it is whether the traveler has required all necessary transit visas required, airlines just abide by the countries rules. Use the system you can find online called Timatic. It is used by the airlines. You put in all your travel information, city pairings, transit times, dates, and the type of document you hold. example RTD. The system will kick back whether you require a transit visa or not, or if there are any exclusions

Respectfully disagree with this opinion. Airlines like China eastern, Cathay pacific strictly dose not allow a passenger with CANADIAN REFUGEE TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Where China Southern Airlines welcomes RTD. Both of the Airlines have transit in China..If the country dose not allow RTD then how come I was able to travel with China Southern Airlines? And some other people can’t with China Eastern or Cathay Pacific?

People here in this forum wants some correct information with real experiences.

Not anything from imagination or anything without real experiences.

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018

You’re very right to alsways check with Timatic to be sure of what documents needed for one trip! I guess this is helpful to many.

Reactions: Dream2020

BlueMoon8794

May 20, 2018
It was about 6 hours transit in GUANGZHOU China on my way to Malaysia. And 5 hours transit in Guangzhou on my way to Canada. Hope that helps.
Can you please tell me if i require any other document than RTD? To travel through china? I am transitting through china to sri lanka with 10 hr layover. I tried to contact chinese embassy here in toronto but couldnt fing any there contsct number

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Can you please tell me if i require any other document than RTD? To travel through china? I am transitting through china to sri lanka with 10 hr layover. I tried to contact chinese embassy here in toronto but couldnt fing any there contsct number
Are you traveling with China Southern Airlines? If yes you do not need any extra documents . If not then you do need the visa to transit through china.

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
I dont have pr card as well yet. I just have travel document would that be enough?
Yes that would be good if you are traveling with China Southern Airlines. But u need to sign a paper, that if Canada or any other country you are traveling deports you, then the Airlines is not going to be responsible for that.

BlueMoon8794

May 20, 2018
Yes that would be good if you are traveling with China Southern Airlines. But u need to sign a paper, that if Canada or any other country you are traveling deports you, then the Airlines is not going to be responsible for that.
Yes i am travelling with them but where can i get that doc?