+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts from VTU

Rahul V

Feb 4, 2019
Your previous post
You need to personally go to Belgaum or authorize someone to submit the application on your behalf. Please read through earlier posts in this thread where the timelines have been discussed.
Your previous post was about 500 rs for Transcript and Rs 1500 for courier charges. Plz confirm if VTU is entertaining this and they will courier it. In that case there wont be any need to go to Belgaum.

You need to personally go to Belgaum or authorize someone to submit the application on your behalf. Please read through earlier posts in this thread where the timelines have been discussed.
mentioned.

ypd_ken

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Your previous post

Your previous post was about 500 rs for Transcript and Rs 1500 for courier charges. Plz confirm if VTU is entertaining this and they will courier it. In that case there wont be any need to go to Belgaum.

mentioned.
I was pointing to the other posts in the thread which details about your query. Hope it helps:
===========================================================
Hello ###, you need to put 1500 in " Others " option while you make payment on VTU website. So your total amount would be total which includes 500 for Official transcript and 1500 in "Others " option.
If you personally go to Belgaum VTU office, it will be done in a single day and if you are doing it from other places then you need to courier the required documents to them along with the payment receipt of courier charges. As per the update, it looks like it would take upto 4 weeks for VTU to send your documents to WES from the date of you submitting the documents with VTU.

As per changed process, WES only accepts now the documents directly couriered from Universities. Luckily VTU does it and they send the courier through Indai Post - Speed Post services. Hope this helps.

Please find responses as below and hope it helps to clarify

[#1] : We dont get to know about this and they mentioned that it will take 3-4 weeks for our document to reach WES Canada. I believe VTU Admin office is very much ware of the process and document requirements as they will be doing it routinely. So no need to worry about reference number etc while you will have to worry much about the time duration by which your transcript would reach. They use Speed post services from IndiaPost and it usually takes about 10 days to reach Canada.

[#2] : You only need to submit application along with payment fees and WES filled/Signed form and rest of the things they take care. As per my understanding your Official transcript is the one WES looks for and not the degree certificate copies. Transcript will have the consolidated details of all your semisters I think and its issued after verifying your marks sheets and degree certitfcate.

ypd_ken

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Could you please give me vtu email-id for transcript updates because vtu is not responding?.
Suggest, personally reach out to the VTU office for quick response. Email IDs and contact nos should be available on their website, but dont think you would get quick response from them.

ruthphil

Jan 31, 2019
Hi All,
Its been 10 days that i have applied for my transcripts and have not received the confirmation msg from VTU ,i have been trying to help them but no one answers the call.please help me in this to check my application status,my courier has reached them on 22nd Jan
Try calling this number: 08312498136 , 08312498131

ruthphil

Jan 31, 2019
You need to submit a copy of degree certificate/provisional certificate, transcript request form and TRF form. University will send the documents after processing your request. Fees is 500 for Transcript and 1500 for courier charges.
Thank you. my documents have reached WES. but the documentation verification is on Hold. Its saying that my Provisional marks card is not received. Should i be sending this on my own and do i need to get this attested or will VTU send it. There is no clarity at all on this process, which is driving me crazy. Any help is appreciated.

varunrao

Jun 16, 2018
I am sharing my experience here. See below events

Jan 2nd 2019 - I placed request to VTU to send the transcripts to WES. ( I just sent all required documents ( Photo copy of your degree certificate, fees paid receipt, Filled WES Request Form, Another request of yours in a plain A4 size paper requesting to send transcript to WES) via courier to them to Belgaum from Bengaluru)

Jan 11th 2019 - VTU had sent the transcript to WES( Please note that there is no follow up required with VTU on this. However if you would like to reach, please reach out to them on 0831 2498136 on their business hours. You need to be crisp and clear as the BSNL telephone line would be under maintenance most of the time. You just mention your USN and they would ask you to call back during evening time to check the status of your request. Please note that Email request to registrar@vtu.ac.in would not yield any response)

Feb 11th 2019 - WES confirmed that they have received the transcripts and its under evaluation.

Mar 14th 2019 - WES confirmed that they have received all required documentation to prepare evaluation report.

April 1st 2019 - WES confirmed that the evaluation report is complete. Soft copy would be available on same day.

April 12th 2019 - I received the physical copy of my evaluation report.

Points to consider:

No need of any follow up. Each department has their own timelines and would act accordingly

No need to send any documents from your end( like marks sheet or degree certificate) to WES.

You can opt for standard delivery against priority delivery from WES to you. You would receive your evaluation report without any hassle.

reyusuf81

Jan 1, 2018
I am sharing my experience here. See below events

Jan 2nd 2019 - I placed request to VTU to send the transcripts to WES. ( I just sent all required documents ( Photo copy of your degree certificate, fees paid receipt, Filled WES Request Form, Another request of yours in a plain A4 size paper requesting to send transcript to WES) via courier to them to Belgaum from Bengaluru)

Jan 11th 2019 - VTU had sent the transcript to WES( Please note that there is no follow up required with VTU on this. However if you would like to reach, please reach out to them on 0831 2498136 on their business hours. You need to be crisp and clear as the BSNL telephone line would be under maintenance most of the time. You just mention your USN and they would ask you to call back during evening time to check the status of your request. Please note that Email request to registrar@vtu.ac.in would not yield any response)

Feb 11th 2019 - WES confirmed that they have received the transcripts and its under evaluation.

Mar 14th 2019 - WES confirmed that they have received all required documentation to prepare evaluation report.

April 1st 2019 - WES confirmed that the evaluation report is complete. Soft copy would be available on same day.

April 12th 2019 - I received the physical copy of my evaluation report.

Points to consider:

No need of any follow up. Each department has their own timelines and would act accordingly

No need to send any documents from your end( like marks sheet or degree certificate) to WES.

You can opt for standard delivery against priority delivery from WES to you. You would receive your evaluation report without any hassle.
This is great post! thanks. However, I'm been asked to get "secondary verification" done. Apparently, even after having VTU send sealed envelopes directly to WES, WES sends another request to VTU to confirm that the documents are genuine (it's stupid really). I then have to go to the VTU's website and make another payment to get the "document genuineness" verified. Also mailed them an application with all the references

The process gets murky after that. VTU says they are done sending the document genuineness verification. WES says they have not received it and have put my assessment on HOLD.

This is super frustrating. Anyone facing the same challenge with this stupid "document genuineness" verification step?

ypd_ken

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Thank you. my documents have reached WES. but the documentation verification is on Hold. Its saying that my Provisional marks card is not received. Should i be sending this on my own and do i need to get this attested or will VTU send it. There is no clarity at all on this process, which is driving me crazy. Any help is appreciated.
I think post by Varun outlines the entire process very well. As per the recent changes in WES process, all the documents needs to be sent from the University directly to WES. Only if WES specifically asks individual to send any document, then only you may send it as required.

In my case they asked for my Degree certificate to be couriered to them directly and they accepted it as it was requested from them. So you need to clearly follow what the WES process says and also double confirm with them over call or online inquiry request before doing sending any documents so as to avoid any delays in re-sending.

Jun 2, 2019
I applied for transcripts and sent the required docs to VTU. I got a GSC No. for tracking the status of my application online. The Application Status currently says "Pending" as below

KGSC/FAP/SAP No.: UE*************
KGSC/FAP/SAP Date: 07/06/2019
Department: UNIVERSITY EXAMINATION SECTION
Service Requested: Official Transcript
Applicant Name: ********* **********
Applicant Address: CANADA
Application Status: PENDING
Description/Reason For Rejection: Application is accepted

Anybody know what this status mean?
Will I be able track my package through this number if it is delivered to WES, Canada?
or is it a number just to know if the Transcript is generated?

What should the final status of the Application look like?

Please help!

bhargava.sg

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
This is great post! thanks. However, I'm been asked to get "secondary verification" done. Apparently, even after having VTU send sealed envelopes directly to WES, WES sends another request to VTU to confirm that the documents are genuine (it's stupid really). I then have to go to the VTU's website and make another payment to get the "document genuineness" verified. Also mailed them an application with all the references

The process gets murky after that. VTU says they are done sending the document genuineness verification. WES says they have not received it and have put my assessment on HOLD.

This is super frustrating. Anyone facing the same challenge with this stupid "document genuineness" verification step?
@reyusuf81 did you get your evaluation done finally? I am waiting for VTU to send the transcript and when I call and ask they say "wait, its been only 10 days since you requested".

Kavs

Jul 26, 2019
Hi folks,

I have requested for transcripts from VTU. I paid the fees online and filled application form, along with letter stating the purpose of transcript and briefly described about the sealed envelope with stamp & signature thing which was mentioned in WES website it has been send through speed post.It is confirmed by VTU registrar that my request has been received and they will work on my application soon..

Does anybody have any idea how long they will take to send the transcript to my mailing address?

Has anyone recently applied for transcript from VTU ? Please do share your experience
Hi ,

Can you please share the sample letter which you sent to VTU. My email id is kavyaoctober908@gmail.com.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kavya

Oct 9, 2021
Currently I am in West Bengal I required a transcripts for my job in CANADA. I applied with mail transcripts online. their process of getting transcripts was very simple and easy. I just filled the basic details in their portal and after the fees payment I received a link with a application ID and a link to upload all my documents. Almost after two days they submitted my documents to the university. They gave update on each and every movements in my application. All the doubts were cleared by them through Emails and contacting them through phone calls was also very easy Within 15 working days I received my documents which was sent directly to WES. THANK YOU MAIL TRANSCRIPTS TO PROVIDE SUCH A WOUNDERFUL SERVICE.