+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcript or Marksheet?

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
..Lol,... now it's getting more complicated,... what sort of a transcript does the CHC really require ? Does it have to be so detailed as what Kris has mentioned ?

Pagal

Jan 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not only transcripts. In order 4 faster processing u should also send ur orignal degrees in sealed envelops to the visa office, verified by office of the foreign affairs, ur univ and ur higher education commission..

kris905

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-March-2010
AOR Received.
17-May-2010
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2013
FrenchAsian said:
..Lol,... now it's getting more complicated,... what sort of a transcript does the CHC really require ? Does it have to be so detailed as what Kris has mentioned ?
I guess most universities provide the transcript in the acceptable format and CHC have mentioned in the response email to a fellow poster that universities know of what CHC requires, i think we need not worry about what is inside the sealed template.

I was referring to notarizing mark lists against a transcript.

pow_wow

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
i have been Royally confused after reading these posts :p
:-* i need answer to below question in very simple straightforward english or i d be confused again...just explain this to me like you would to a 5 yr old ok? ;D

here is the scenario

i did O levels (standard 9 &10 - univ of london) i have the original certificate... do i need to get this in a freakin sealed ass envelope? if yes, from the college where i stuided for O levels or the univ of london which issued the certificate.

i have an MBA i understand i have to get transcripts in univ sealed envelopes... bachelor's transcripts too.. and high school (standard 11 & 12) am not sure about

:p :-*

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
pow_wow said:
i have been Royally confused after reading these posts :p
:-* i need answer to below question in very simple straightforward english or i d be confused again...just explain this to me like you would to a 5 yr old ok? ;D

here is the scenario

i did O levels (standard 9 &10 - univ of london) i have the original certificate... do i need to get this in a freakin sealed ass envelope? if yes, from the college where i stuided for O levels or the univ of london which issued the certificate.

i have an MBA i understand i have to get transcripts in univ sealed envelopes... bachelor's transcripts too.. and high school (standard 11 & 12) am not sure about

:p :-*
...pow wow,.. :-

'O' Levels - just notarize the copies which have been photocopied from the Originals.

Bachelor and Master Deg's - YES, go back to the U's and apply for original transcripts to be sent directly to the CHC.

ahorse

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi frenchAsian,
just back to this thread and read your reply.
I am not very sure. SO I got my degree certificate obtained in SG certified by the Uni. They do not seal it in envelope. Transcripts are put in envelope. For degrees got from other country, I get certificate and transcripts both sealed in envelope.
I am confused whether CHC accept it or not, esp the ceritificate.

FrenchAsian said:
But is this the prescribed method ? I think it's only one of the following two methods, right ?

1) If to be obtained from the university, then it has to be a New Original, 'fresh' from the U,... to be sealed by the U and mailed directly to the CHC; otherwise,

2) If using copies to be made from an Earlier Original (awarded on graduation day years ago), then the copies must be notarized by a Public Notary.

Can we have copies notarized by the U ? Please correct my understanding, gentlemen,....

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
ahorse said:
Hi frenchAsian,
just back to this thread and read your reply.
I am not very sure. SO I got my degree certificate obtained in SG certified by the Uni. They do not seal it in envelope. Transcripts are put in envelope. For degrees got from other country, I get certificate and transcripts both sealed in envelope.
I am confused whether CHC accept it or not, esp the ceritificate.
Then we need to verfy if other SG applicants here have their degree certs/scrolls going to them unsealed and certified or not, and were they able to submit this cert/scroll to CHC successfully. Anybody please ?

BDAPP2011

May 3, 2012
Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: SG
NOC Code......: 3131
App. Filed.......: 01 January, 2011
AOR Received (from VO): March 07, 2011
File Transfer...: Feb 01, 2011
E-cas: RBVO since Feb 29, 2011

I passed SSC in 1992 and HSC 1994 from Bangladesh

SGVO demanded copies of Transcript/ Certificates of Seconday and Higher School

Students those who passed SSC and HSC before1999, there were marks sheet for them from Board instead of Transcript but now they are providing transcript.

If I submit them copies of MARKS SHEET of SSC and HSC instead of transcript, will it be okay?
or I have to collect Transcript of SSC and HSC from the board now?
if any member of this group have concrete idea regarding this please asist me.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
VO is not asking original education certificates (except transcripts) which is difficult to get from respective universities.

I will not prefer to send original marksheets in order to process my case fastly. Education certificates & marksheets are my assets and I am surviving on them.

Regards
Cool

Pagal said:
Not only transcripts. In order 4 faster processing u should also send ur orignal degrees in sealed envelops to the visa office, verified by office of the foreign affairs, ur univ and ur higher education commission..

wiz_kid

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
30-12-2011
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
03-02-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-03-2012 (RPRF draft en-cashed 19-April-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-03-2012 (DM since 26-April-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
15-Feb-2013
My experience with NDVO is :-

I am a DA with Engg. Degree. I sent True copy of my Marksheet of graduation and one original transcript(which was given to me when i passed my degree) . I didnt have time to get sealed new copy of transcript.

However my PA with Dentist degree sent true copies of marksheet and sealed transcript.

My suggestion is if you are running out of time send it as if they need it they will tell you. I have seen cases where they have accepted without PCC and when asked the PCC later stage they entertained 8 months old PCC. and also PCC issued by local Police station. But what is important is to send application in time and in background prepare your documents so that if they ask you can send them.

Thanks.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Always Send original Transcripts but Notarized Certificates.