Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2009
Doc's Request.
21-01-2010
If I submit 'mark sheets' instead of 'transcript' will it be a problem? Could u pls suggest?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kabirgp said:
If I submit 'mark sheets' instead of 'transcript' will it be a problem? Could u pls suggest?
Yes. What is required is transcripts in a sealed envelope.

Bobbyb

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Certification of POST SECONDARY EDUCATION
" " College or University Degrees
Transcripts of University Degrees in Sealed Envelopes.

CHC Singapore wants them the above way. could be different for other CHC's.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jnathan said:
Certification of POST SECONDARY EDUCATION
" " College or University Degrees
Transcripts of University Degrees in Sealed Envelopes.

CHC Singapore wants them the above way. could be different for other CHC's.
Transcripts and mark sheets are the same thing.

PMM

SD

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

Trascript is a statement of courses / subjects that you have taken on a University letterhead / format. It needs to be given by the university that you attended in a sealed envelope which only CHC must open.

hope this helps.

SD

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need transcripts in University sealed envolope. They are same as marksheets but you need to get it from University in sealed envolopes.

See a reply of Canadian Embassy to my query

The sealed transcripts must originate from and bear the seal of the educational institution which originally issued the transcripts. If the college, affiliated with the university, is the original issuer of the transcripts, you may submit the transcripts sealed by the college. If not, then you must obtain sealed transcripts from the university.

Universities in India are familiar with our requirements and have not, to date, refused to issue sealed transcripts. If you are unable to obtain sealed transcripts, you may submit notarized transcripts however, they will be subject to close scrutiny and the visa officer may still require sealed transcripts.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
Ankit is right

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
SD said:
Hi there,

Trascript is a statement of courses / subjects that you have taken on a University letterhead / format. It needs to be given by the university that you attended in a sealed envelope which only CHC must open.

hope this helps.

SD
Hi SD,... I studied in a college, however, the same college that I studied in has closed down a few years ago. So how would I be able to get the college to issue the transcript since it is no longer around please ?

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
ankit_20 said:
You need transcripts in University sealed envolope. They are same as marksheets but you need to get it from University in sealed envolopes.

See a reply of Canadian Embassy to my query

The sealed transcripts must originate from and bear the seal of the educational institution which originally issued the transcripts. If the college, affiliated with the university, is the original issuer of the transcripts, you may submit the transcripts sealed by the college. If not, then you must obtain sealed transcripts from the university.

Universities in India are familiar with our requirements and have not, to date, refused to issue sealed transcripts. If you are unable to obtain sealed transcripts, you may submit notarized transcripts however, they will be subject to close scrutiny and the visa officer may still require sealed transcripts.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde
Hi Ankit,... what are notarized transcripts please ? Are they the diplomas and listing of subjects taken from the earlier years that we were awarded with when we graduated, but with the stamp of a notarized party, say,.. a Commissioner-of-Oath please ? Kindly advise, Sir,.... thank you,....

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FrenchAsian said:
Hi SD,... I studied in a college, however, the same college that I studied in has closed down a few years ago. So how would I be able to get the college to issue the transcript since it is no longer around please ?
Hi,

The college must have been affiliated to a University, which keeps records of the colleges come under it, so, you try to contact the University headquarters.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FrenchAsian said:
Hi Ankit,... what are notarized transcripts please ? Are they the diplomas and listing of subjects taken from the earlier years that we were awarded with when we graduated, but with the stamp of a notarized party, say,.. a Commissioner-of-Oath please ? Kindly advise, Sir,.... thank you,....
Notarized transcripts in my post meant notarized copies of mark sheets of your diploma or degree course

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
charninder said:
Hi,

The college must have been affiliated to a University, which keeps records of the colleges come under it, so, you try to contact the University headquarters.
..Charninder,.. thank you. Goodness, then I must travel to England to do this, 'cos the college that I studied in was previously affiliated to two polytechnics in the UK, which have since been upgraded to university status.

Just another question : if the universities should refuse to help me, can I get my earlier documents (my diplomas and Subject Listings) notarized by a Public Notary, and send these in to CHC instead ? Of course, I'll need to enclose a cover letter saying that my college has closed down, and the universities refused to help me. Would appreciate your replies, thank you,....

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have no option, you can explain it to Visa Office and provide all supporting documentation like notarized copies of Certificates, marksheets etc and hope for best.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Frecnh

Just to be in the safe side, write to cic that you tried to make contact with the University but they have not replied, and you heard that it might have closed. How far are you now from that closed University?
I guess if that University didnt get shut down due to violation of educational standard , then your certs would be well accepted by CIC.

pow_wow

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
transcripts sealed by universities/colleges are required only for degrees and not for O levels and High school certificates right?