+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcript or Marksheet?

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
jnathan said:
Frecnh

Just to be in the safe side, write to cic that you tried to make contact with the University but they have not replied, and you heard that it might have closed. How far are you now from that closed University?
I guess if that University didnt get shut down due to violation of educational standard , then your certs would be well accepted by CIC.
Nathan,... thank you,.. I see in our postings that you've always tried to help,... But then, since the universities have closed down almost 6 years ago, how would CIC be able to investigate the reasons for their closing down ? And certainly there would be a lot of work to do in order to investigate the reasons, right ?

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
pow_wow said:
transcripts sealed by universities/colleges are required only for degrees and not for O levels and High school certificates right?
Yes, I believed so,... unless someone else here says otherwise. Hmm,... it got me thinking, for some countries, if they are very prone to natural disasters, then the chances for them losing their documents all these years woulod be very high, perhaps to flood, earthequakes, etc,... and if all these documents are lost, I wondered how will they be able to regain them for the CHC,.... and if no documents available, then no points awarded,...

What do these people do then ?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Certification of POST SECONDARY EDUCATION - Not Mentioned Original or Notarized
Certification of College or University Degrees - Not Mentioned Original or Notarized
Transcripts - Original Transcripts of all degrees in Universitys' Sealed Envelopes.
Professional Qualification Certs in Notarized form.

I just copied identically from the Visa office specific Instrusctions.
CHC Singapore wants them the above way. Ankit of ND and others, does your CHC's want them as Singapore does?

I still believe, all can be submitted Notarized but this will make some delays as CIC is strict in verifying these documents by calling the issueing institutions.

ahorse

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan,
so for CHC singapore, this means certificates can be submitted as photocopy?
a little bit confusion.

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
ahorse said:
jnathan,
so for CHC singapore, this means certificates can be submitted as photocopy?
a little bit confusion.
...horse,.. NO, I would think it's more like notarized photocopies, whereby the Original has been seen by the Public Notary, and he will vouch that the copies that he has stamped on came from Originals which HE HAS SEEN EARLIER PRIOR TO PUTTING HIS DHOBY MARK ON THE COPIES.

Otherwise, the Original Issuing organization will need to issue another set of Originals for the CHC, and I guessed this is where we need to contact the earlier organizations, be they universities, or colleges, etc,... but again, provided that they are still in existence.

Again, I am open to corrections from other forummers,....

ahorse

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi FrenchAsian,
I have decided to get the degree certificate copy stamped by university and sealed in envelope, it's easier than got it notarized.
This maybe the safer way to submit full docs, to avoid wasting our precious time.
Thanks
ahorse
FrenchAsian said:
...horse,.. NO, I would think it's more like notarized photocopies, whereby the Original has been seen by the Public Notary, and he will vouch that the copies that he has stamped on came from Originals which HE HAS SEEN EARLIER PRIOR TO PUTTING HIS DHOBY MARK ON THE COPIES.

Otherwise, the Original Issuing organization will need to issue another set of Originals for the CHC, and I guessed this is where we need to contact the earlier organizations, be they universities, or colleges, etc,... but again, provided that they are still in existence.

Again, I am open to corrections from other forummers,....

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
ahorse said:
Hi FrenchAsian,
I have decided to get the degree certificate copy stamped by university and sealed in envelope, it's easier than got it notarized.
This maybe the safer way to submit full docs, to avoid wasting our precious time.
Thanks
ahorse
But is this the prescribed method ? I think it's only one of the following two methods, right ?

1) If to be obtained from the university, then it has to be a New Original, 'fresh' from the U,... to be sealed by the U and mailed directly to the CHC; otherwise,

2) If using copies to be made from an Earlier Original (awarded on graduation day years ago), then the copies must be notarized by a Public Notary.

Can we have copies notarized by the U ? Please correct my understanding, gentlemen,....

pow_wow

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
again... do i need O level certificate in sealed envelope or just bachelor and master's transcripts???

hunker

Dec 7, 2009
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
Nomination.....
noooooooooo
AOR Received.
22-03-2010
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
File Transfer...
05-03-2010
Med's Request
18-05-2010
Med's Done....
15-06-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2010
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2011
Hi ALL

let me be very Straight forward,

When you get File number,just go to your UNI and request for Transcript(which is not Detailed mark sheet,in fact it shows ur all record in a page or two,So that CHC can get all academic records in this single document),and the UNI will itself send it to CHC,UNI normally charges for it.

CHC prefer Transcripts coz then it won't require to verify your docs,

But , BE sure if you don't want that burden,
Then just XEROX all Qualification Docs and get notarised,and sent it will your file to CHC, CHC accepts it gladly.

May be this would help.

soonerorlater

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo / Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-09
Doc's Request.
21-02-2010
File Transfer...
01-27-2010
Med's Request
01-04-2011
Med's Done....
02-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-23-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
Nice posts, but i have a question.
I had applied for transcripts while i was planning to do MS in USA. I still have those transcripts (sealed/original/in univ letter heads), but they are 5 yrs old. Can i still submit the same to CIC?

Please confirm,

hunker

Dec 7, 2009
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
Nomination.....
noooooooooo
AOR Received.
22-03-2010
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
File Transfer...
05-03-2010
Med's Request
18-05-2010
Med's Done....
15-06-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2010
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2011
soonerorlater said:
Nice posts, but i have a question.
I had applied for transcripts while i was planning to do MS in USA. I still have those transcripts (sealed/original/in univ letter heads), but they are 5 yrs old. Can i still submit the same to CIC?

Please confirm,
NO NO never, Transcripts must be new one.and dear 5 years are too much even 5 months are not allowed,To prove this fact,CHC give ur 120 days to submit all docs,So in no way they want old dated docs,

Louay

Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London-UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys:
I am trying now to get my MA. degree and transcripts from my university.....
My question is:
After getting them from the university,must I take them to the external affairs ministry to notraized them then give them back to the university to put them in their envelops and stamp them for me??????????? or just putting them directly in the envelop and stamp them??????????
plz answer cuze I will get them soon..
thx

sk.aggarwal

Star Member
Aug 26, 2009
US
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
October 26, 2009
Nomination.....
-
IELTS Request
October 26, 2009
File Transfer...
October 26, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 2, 2010
Med's Done....
March 1, 2010
Interview........
not done yet
Passport Req..
Feb 2, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 03, 2010
LANDED..........
Lets see
Once you get the transcripts from university they should be in a sealed envelope, hopefully with university seal somewhere. Just do not open it.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Singapore office well accepts 10th and 12th Class nOtarized Docts. But its strictly advised that applicants submit Bachelors and Masters docts in Sealed Envelopes.

Sk. Why did you send docs to ND without PCC?

kris905

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-March-2010
AOR Received.
17-May-2010
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2013
Hi Guys
My first post here. I have seen a transcript and i think it is not just a sealed mark list. It is a consolidated mark list with details such as number of attempts made to clear each exam, Attendance, etc. Most importantly the transcript has information about the university itself, affiliations etc.
There is an instruction sheet which advises on how to read a transcript as well.
Maybe the construct of the transcript depends on the university. VTU was like that.
Kris