+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
ma.vaneandrade said:
Hi! Im new to this forum, Please help me... Im planning to apply for my citizenship nxt week before they implement the c24 bill. But my passport is currently in process for renewal and name change (due to marriage). Is it going to affect my application in the future? And I wish to change my last name as well on my application but all I can give them is a copy of our marriage certificate as a proof of my name change... If only I have my passport now but it's gonna be ready not until july 28. It's a bit complicated.. Hope it wont affect my application. :(
I believe some if not all of your questions must have been answered by forum members. Just to add to it, Once you do the change of name on your application make sure to also write a cover letter stating why you won't be able to supply the biometric page of your passport. Make sure to write it on your letter also that you WILL provide it once your passport has been returned.

All the BEST.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
MiriamT said:
Yes, that's the question. It was a very stupid mistake. On one side (Work/Education) I listed my employers, and on the other (Employer or school attended) I put down school information. I realized it when I found an old application, and decided to compare the questions. And then I realized I had answered it properly in the other one (from years ago), but the new was wrong. I didn't realize that under Work/Education I was being asked my occupation, it was just a matter of attention (or lack thereof). I covered all the time asked, but the info provided was a mess. :'(

I wish they would let me resubmit only the question which was answered wrong instead of returning the application, but I know this isn't how CIC works.
Oh alright. It seems like just a minor error that MIGHT not warrant them sending it back. It not that the information is wrong it just how it was entered. I will advise you to put together another application asap just to be on the safe side. All that you have to pay is just the shipping cost so consider it. No one is sure about the C24 date yet so it better to fast track thing.

All the BEST.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
kool1 said:
I sent my application on Jun 1st. They received it on Jun 3rd. But by mistake I sent it to the address where minors applications are processed. I hope they will do intra-office transfer with out sending the entire package to me. I am applying for my family : 2 adults and 1 child.
Was the application sent to 49 Dorchester? if yes then I think you should be fine. I believe that CIC Sydney do have a sorting facility that sent each application to their respective sections. Just be rest assured that at least they won't sent it back although it might take time for you to get AOR.

cali4nia

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CitzCanada said:
If you put individual applicant's photos separately in envelope and attach it to each application then it will NOT be a problem.One of my friend did not write names behind the photos and application was accepted and received AOR.
Yes, each application (a&m) are grouped separately and adult photo is indeed labeled correctly so I think I will be Ok.

On another note, in the Minor doc chklist, they ask for 2 id's, at least one of which is a photo id. Does the PR card count? Or is it considered ONLY for photocopy of both sides requirement on chklist??

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Ojeola said:
Oh alright. It seems like just a minor error that MIGHT not warrant them sending it back. It not that the information is wrong it just how it was entered. I will advise you to put together another application asap just to be on the safe side. All that you have to pay is just the shipping cost so consider it. No one is sure about the C24 date yet so it better to fast track thing.

All the BEST.
Hi,

As I answered to someone before you, I cannot mail another application. It's not only the fees for mailing, but acquiring new documents which have security features to prevent photocopying and thus I must send originals (not because of CIC, but because of said security features). They are expensive and take a month to get, which is also around the same time that would take to return them.

I called CIC and the agent said that it might not get returned. I also asked about mailing only the corrected page, and she asked me not to because that would cause confusion, and to also not mail another application.

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cali4nia said:
Yes, each application (a&m) are grouped separately and adult photo is indeed labeled correctly so I think I will be Ok.

On another note, in the Minor doc chklist, they ask for 2 id's, at least one of which is a photo id. Does the PR card count? Or is it considered ONLY for photocopy of both sides requirement on chklist??
I think the PR card does not count for two piece of ID section (not sure)... Make sure you have sent the right documents, if you realize that any document is missing, just send another application, don't wait for AOR, you don't have to pay again.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
MiriamT said:
Yes, that's the question. It was a very stupid mistake. On one side (Work/Education) I listed my employers, and on the other (Employer or school attended) I put down school information. I realized it when I found an old application, and decided to compare the questions. And then I realized I had answered it properly in the other one (from years ago), but the new was wrong. I didn't realize that under Work/Education I was being asked my occupation, it was just a matter of attention (or lack thereof). I covered all the time asked, but the info provided was a mess. :'(

I wish they would let me resubmit only the question which was answered wrong instead of returning the application, but I know this isn't how CIC works.
I know myself, and i always skip on stupid details/mistakes, so i took a good lawyer and his people went over five times over my papers.
it cost a few hundred bucks, buts it was worth every penny i paid .

CitzCanada

Jun 1, 2015
TomTony said:
I think the PR card does not count for two piece of ID section (not sure)... Make sure you have sent the right documents, if you realize that any document is missing, just send another application, don't wait for AOR, you don't have to pay again.
For Kids
1.Copy of PR card (front & back)
2.Copy of passport (ID proof)
3.Copy of the Health Card (ID proof)

I'm not sure whether PR card is counted as ID proof for kids.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
ari5323 said:
I know myself, and i always skip on stupid details/mistakes, so i took a good lawyer and his people went over five times over my papers.
it cost a few hundred bucks, buts it was worth every penny i paid .
I wanted to have someone go through it, but I couldn't afford it, especially after paying for CELPIP and other documents (e.g. transcripts from several institutions) to be included in the application, so... Nothing I can do at this point other than wait and see if they send it back or only ask for me to provide more info (which was what the CIC agent said could happen).

cali4nia

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CitzCanada said:
For Kids
1.Copy of PR card (front & back)
2.Copy of passport (ID proof)
3.Copy of the Health Card (ID proof)

I'm not sure whether PR card is counted as ID proof for kids.
Here's the deal, other than his PR card, he does not have ANY photo id. They only put photos on medicare when u reach 18. He's only 12. I provided this explanation but I assume they already know this which is why I did nor hesitate to send the application as is.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
cali4nia said:

For adult application, I know for sure that a PR card won't count as a second ID, however, am not sure if it does count for a minor application although I believe it should count since minors don't have much ID's.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Here is the link for 2 pieces of ID for minors:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0003ETOC.asp

Two (2) pieces of the child's personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your child's name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.

Examples include:

school record
health insurance card
If there is information on both sides of your child's personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

For a child under school age, identification such as:

a passport page containing his or her photo and personal details, or
a hospital or immunization record, may be provided
Format: Clear and legible photocopy