cali4nia

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone! Here are my details so far:
Application received 3-Jun-2015 in Sydney, NS
SENT FROM LAVAL, QC
1a 1m

Application completed except photos of Minor did not have name printed on back. Only realized this once sent. :eek:

Will this be an issue?

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
cali4nia said:
SENT FROM LAVAL, QC
1a 1m

Application completed except photos of Minor did not have name printed on back. Only realized this once sent. :eek:

Will this be an issue?
Yes, likely. They do require for the name to be written in the back of each photo.

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cali4nia said:
SENT FROM LAVAL, QC
1a 1m

Will this be an issue?
I think the answer is NO. It should not be a problem.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
TomTony said:
Let's hope so.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
I JUST realized that I answered question 6F wrong and couldn't help but to cry. I hope that, if they send it back, they send it back soon. Everything is complete, it was just answered wrong.

I'm thinking about calling CIC Call Centre tomorrow to ask on how to proceed.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
MiriamT said:
I JUST realized that I answered question 6F wrong and couldn't help but to cry. I hope that, if they send it back, they send it back soon. Everything is complete, it was just answered wrong.

Oh, you mean the section that ask if "you have worked for the past 4years"? Since you catch the error pretty soon you can ask the CIC customer service if you can resend your document asap so as not to keep anything for chances.

All the best

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriamT said:

My suggestion: correct it and resend your application, you don't need to repay for it. If your actual application was sent back, they will have a new correct application in hand. If this error is Ok for them, they will forget the new application received.

ma.vaneandrade

Aug 16, 2012
Hi! Im new to this forum, Please help me... Im planning to apply for my citizenship nxt week before they implement the c24 bill. But my passport is currently in process for renewal and name change (due to marriage). Is it going to affect my application in the future? And I wish to change my last name as well on my application but all I can give them is a copy of our marriage certificate as a proof of my name change... If only I have my passport now but it's gonna be ready not until july 28. It's a bit complicated.. Hope it wont affect my application. :(

bananaman

Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ma.vaneandrade said:
Hi! Im new to this forum, Please help me... Im planning to apply for my citizenship nxt week before they implement the c24 bill. But my passport is currently in process for renewal and name change (due to marriage). Is it going to affect my application in the future? And I wish to change my last name as well on my application but all I can give them is a copy of our marriage certificate as a proof of my name change... If only I have my passport now but it's gonna be ready not until july 28. It's a bit complicated.. Hope it wont affect my application. :(
My wife was in a similar situation and it all turned out fine. There is a section on the first page of the application which lets you specify the name you wish to appear on the citizenship certificate: enter your married name here and check to say you will enclose your marriage certificate. In our case all the other ID was in her maiden name, but the marriage certificate was enough to have her married name on the certificate when she gained citizenship last week.

What I don't know is if you'll be able to apply for citizenship without your current passport... do you have a photocopy of the bio page from before you sent it away?

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
jcyj said:
My suggestion: correct it and resend your application, you don't need to repay for it. If your actual application was sent back, they will have a new correct application in hand. If this error is Ok for them, they will forget the new application received.
For personal reasons, this is out of question for me.

kool1

Nov 16, 2011
I sent my application on Jun 1st. They received it on Jun 3rd. But by mistake I sent it to the address where minors applications are processed. I hope they will do intra-office transfer with out sending the entire package to me. I am applying for my family : 2 adults and 1 child.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Ojeola said:
Oh, you mean the section that ask if "you have worked for the past 4years"? Since you catch the error pretty soon you can ask the CIC customer service if you can resend your document asap so as not to keep anything for chances.

All the best
Yes, that's the question. It was a very stupid mistake. On one side (Work/Education) I listed my employers, and on the other (Employer or school attended) I put down school information. I realized it when I found an old application, and decided to compare the questions. And then I realized I had answered it properly in the other one (from years ago), but the new was wrong. I didn't realize that under Work/Education I was being asked my occupation, it was just a matter of attention (or lack thereof). I covered all the time asked, but the info provided was a mess. :'(

I wish they would let me resubmit only the question which was answered wrong instead of returning the application, but I know this isn't how CIC works.

CitzCanada

Jun 1, 2015
TomTony said:
If you put individual applicant's photos separately in envelope and attach it to each application then it will NOT be a problem.One of my friend did not write names behind the photos and application was accepted and received AOR.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
MiriamT said:
Yes, that's the question. It was a very stupid mistake. On one side (Work/Education) I listed my employers, and on the other (Employer or school attended) I put down school information. I realized it when I found an old application, and decided to compare the questions. And then I realized I had answered it properly in the other one (from years ago), but the new was wrong. I didn't realize that under Work/Education I was being asked my occupation, it was just a matter of attention (or lack thereof). I covered all the time asked, but the info provided was a mess. :'(

I wish they would let me resubmit only the question which was answered wrong instead of returning the application, but I know this isn't how CIC works.
I am no expert on this. I will just give my opinion based on my own impression of the situation. I think that sending another application (corrected) will just confuse all the process. Worst case scenario you might have a duplicated entry... and be considered as fraud.
Calling them might be helpful, as they can instruct you the best course to take (just wait for the returning application and correct it or take some action). If you do call them, I am very curious about what they would say. Could you please keep us posted?
Thank you.