+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Hi everybody,

I'm starting a new thread for the people who will be eligible to apply for Citizenship application on June 2015. I already reached my basic requirement on March 31st, but I do have about 31 - 33days of physical absences.

Please share your timelines and experiences in getting all the necessary documents together..

Below is my time line. I will apply from Winnipeg, MB

Getting my application package ready since we are not sure of when Bill - 24 will come into effect.

Good luck and all the BEST!

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't you think it's a little bit early for this topic. You're not even sure that the new 4/6 rule won't be active by then !

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
asaif said:
Don't you think it's a little bit early for this topic. You're not even sure that the new 4/6 rule won't be active by then !
I don't think it a little bit early. The most accurate date might be on June 19th, however since no official announcement has been made I think it better to be proactive.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
To all June 2015 applicants, i think for know the official date for the Bill C24 implementation is till unknown even to those that work in the Miniter's office. I spoke with a friend that works in the Minster's office she made me understand that NO DATE have not been fixed for the implementation. Although she made me understand that most immigration laws are known to be unveiled on July 1st.

So the best thing to do now is just to WAIT.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is an option for much more reliable source of information for the people really interested about the real cut off date and month if its known and intentionally kept away from public.

I'm copy pasting a segment from dpenabill post.

...for whom the date is important, should write a brief request to their Member of Parliament:

This should be a request that the MP either:

-- advise them when (more specifically than "in approximately a year") the government will in fact make the revised provisions in the SCCA in force, or

-- if the MP will ask the government, during the Parliament's Question & Answer Period, why it has not made the coming-into-force date public given the impact it will have on many thousands of PRs who are just now becoming eligible for a grant of citizenship

Including, in the request to the MP, a succinct statement about why the coming-into-force date is personally important might be a good idea. Keep it brief. Do not entangle this request with advocacy for changing the law (such as, for example, to give credit for time in Canada on a work permit).

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
MUFC said:
Here is an option for much more reliable source of information for the people really interested about the real cut off date and month if its known and intentionally kept away from public.

I'm copy pasting a segment from dpenabill post.

...for whom the date is important, should write a brief request to their Member of Parliament:

This should be a request that the MP either:

-- advise them when (more specifically than "in approximately a year") the government will in fact make the revised provisions in the SCCA in force, or

-- if the MP will ask the government, during the Parliament's Question & Answer Period, why it has not made the coming-into-force date public given the impact it will have on many thousands of PRs who are just now becoming eligible for a grant of citizenship

Including, in the request to the MP, a succinct statement about why the coming-into-force date is personally important might be a good idea. Keep it brief. Do not entangle this request with advocacy for changing the law (such as, for example, to give credit for time in Canada on a work permit).
That such a great suggestion. I believe that most of the MP's should have some level of access to real time information that we as the public is not privileged to have. Hopefully, the CIC ends the waiting game and publish the implementation date.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
To finally put to rest all the speculations about when the implementation DATE on bill c24. Today, I finally receive a reply from the Minister's office. Although a definite date was not provided, I was given more than enough information about when some of the bill will be implemented.

Dear Mr. ****:

This is in reply to your correspondence of March 10, 2015, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada's Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, concerning the implementation of Bill C-24. I regret the delay in responding.

As you are aware, Bill C-24 received royal assent and the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act became law on June 19, 2014.

The date of Royal Assent is when Parliament passes a bill and the date of Coming into Force is when the proposed changes in the bill are actually in effect. Coming into Force can occur either on the same day as Royal Assent or at a date to be determined by the Governor in Council. Various elements of the new Citizenship Act will come into force at different times over the next two years.

While Bill C-24 received Royal Assent on June 19, 2014, and some provisions came into force immediately, others were expected to come into force in approximately one month. Certain other provisions were expected to come into force in approximately a year's time. The later dates for coming into force will allow the Department enough time to prepare for implementation of these changes.

Provisions coming into force on a date to be determined by the Governor in Council, anticipated to be in approximately a year, include: provisions to give citizenship to more “Lost Canadians”; new residence requirements; the new intent to reside requirement; expanded age requirements for language and knowledge testing; and a requirement to demonstrate knowledge of Canada in an official language. Other provisions in this category include: strengthened offences and penalties for fraud; prohibitions for foreign criminality and activities against national interests; a new revocation model and new grounds for revocation of citizenship; a new authority to designate a regulatory body for citizenship consultants; and improved information-sharing authorities.

These will come into force on a date to be determined by the Governor in Council, which is expected to be in approximately mid-year 2015, to enable sufficient time to prepare the changes needed to implement these and other provisions of C-24.

For more information on the changes contained in the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act, and for further announcements concerning the coming into force dates, please visit the CIC Website at www.cic.gc.ca.

Thank you for writing. I trust that this information is of assistance.

Ministerial Enquiries Division

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Ojeola said:
These will come into force on a date to be determined by the Governor in Council, which is expected to be in approximately mid-year 2015
That's fancy lawyer language to say around June 19, 2015 ! (which is one year from last year when you think of it). And June is actually the middle of the year after all ...

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
us2yow said:
That's fancy lawyer language to say around June 19, 2015 ! (which is one year from last year when you think of it). And June is actually the middle of the year after all ...
That very correct. That was the reason I choose to bold "approximately middle of the year". At least we are having a sense of when the implementation might be.

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question for all citizenship gurus here, does it matter or is there a track record with cic (especially those ppl working on the citizenship applications) of ECAS inquiries made by us candidates?? And or of all the candidates here what is the average hits (ecas status check) each day by a typical candidate, please share your experience.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
DodgeCharger said:
Question for all citizenship gurus here, does it matter or is there a track record with cic (especially those ppl working on the citizenship applications) of ECAS inquiries made by us candidates?? And or of all the candidates here what is the average hits (ecas status check) each day by a typical candidate, please share your experience.
No. Unless if your made am inquiries on your application, it will be noted in your file that the applicant "called or email" about his/her application.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"These will come into force on a date to be determined by the Governor in Council, which is expected to be in approximately mid-year 2015, to enable sufficient time to prepare the changes needed to implement these and other provisions of C-24. "

When I saw this segment, I also expect the real cut off date to be 1st of July.
Unfortunately it seems that the confirmation for that will come in the last moment.

To all those applicants who will be eligible to apply with minimum 1095 days of physical presence before Canada day, ALL of you have a really good chance to apply under the old rules so the best you can do is to stay here until then.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
MUFC said:
"These will come into force on a date to be determined by the Governor in Council, which is expected to be in approximately mid-year 2015, to enable sufficient time to prepare the changes needed to implement these and other provisions of C-24. "

When I saw this segment, I also expect the real cut off date to be 1st of July.
Unfortunately it seems that the confirmation for that will come in the last moment.

To all those applicants who will be eligible to apply with minimum 1095 days of physical presence before Canada day, ALL of you have a really good chance to apply under the old rules so the best you can do is to stay here until then.
That correct. As it stands now most June applicants might have some great chance of applying before the new rules come into effective.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Martin29 said:
Exact middle of a year is July 2nd (182.5).Not June.
Something like that. June 19th and July 1 and the two best possible dates for know. Hopefully in the coming weeks we can have the implementation date.