+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Buddin

May 4, 2020
Me too im.nova Scotia and copr late May, photoes sent late May and still waitting
I am in the same situation. I sent the photo on May 27 to Halifax office, no update until now. Communicated IRCC several times but they can't give any specific information. They told me about a month ago that Halifax office is currently closed.

Reactions: Hiphoplady

raamin

May 14, 2020
As per CIC guideline photo should not be older than 6 months, mine wasn't 6 months old, when I posted it. I was told that the cut off date for the photo is the day you posted the photo. That being said, if my photo is not 6 months old, when I posted it, I should be fine, right?
I am not an expert but I think the chances of them rejecting your photo is a lot more than what you think. I have been waiting for 5.5 months to get my PR card from Montreal office and nothing has happened so far. if a similar timeline happens for you (hopefully not) by the time they open your envelope, the photos will be a year old. The worst thing that could happen is to wait another 6 months after that when you resubmit your photo. I would certainly give ircc a call and inquire about this.

FAhmed88

Oct 14, 2019
NL
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
!
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
25-02-2019
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
November, 2020
I am not an expert but I think the chances of them rejecting your photo is a lot more than what you think. I have been waiting for 5.5 months to get my PR card from Montreal office and nothing has happened so far. if a similar timeline happens for you (hopefully not) by the time they open your envelope, the photos will be a year old. The worst thing that could happen is to wait another 6 months after that when you resubmit your photo. I would certainly give ircc a call and inquire about this.
Thanks bud

FAhmed88

Oct 14, 2019
NL
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
!
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
25-02-2019
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
November, 2020

raamin

May 14, 2020
I have been waiting almost 7 months from the same office. IRCC recognizes the delays in processing & that pictures will be outdated. That’s why this portal will be used to submit.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html#shr-pg0
I am a little confused. how is the portal relevant to @FAhmed88 case? people who got COPR before November are following old workflow and they need to mail their photo and we don't have the option to upload it. Did you get an email asking you to upload your photo?

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
I am a little confused. how is the portal relevant to @FAhmed88 case? people who got COPR before November are following old workflow and they need to mail their photo and we don't have the option to upload it. Did you get an email asking you to upload your photo?
This is my understanding as well. I landed in May and had an email to post/mail photographs, still waiting for any update since mailing the photographs in October :(

• Sad
Reactions: pumpkin_latte

Gs0001

Feb 10, 2019
Has anyone received their PR card from Edmonton office recently? And if anyone knows how much time they are taking these days.
Thanks

Navilehal

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
North Bay
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Food Restaurant Supervisor
Job Offer........
Yes
Please Help!!
My P.R card approved and mailed to my address on Nov 9th 2020. Its almost a month But I haven't received my P.R Card yet. I think canada post lost my mail. I reached to IRCC they are saying its shipped to your address on Nov 9th. I don't know what to do now. Please guide me
Thanks

ShivaOm

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Please Help!!
My P.R card approved and mailed to my address on Nov 9th 2020. Its almost a month But I haven't received my P.R Card yet. I think canada post lost my mail. I reached to IRCC they are saying its shipped to your address on Nov 9th. I don't know what to do now. Please guide me
Thanks
Check the address on your COPR and make sure it's the same as where you live now. Our child had our address from 3 years ago listed, and they mailed it to that address despite the fact that we told them in our application that it had changed.

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
CoPR with Calgary office on Sep 29
First GU on Nov 25
Application finished and PR card send on Nov 26 ... still not received though they say “up to 6 weeks”
So 11 days later, still no sign of my PR card. It’s just one crazy wait after another ... gets increasingly tiresome and I need my card asap to travel. Admittedly may only be 7 working days and coming by regular mail from Nova Scotia to Alberta.

Anyone waited ages for their card to arrive in the mail too?

At what point do we also have to start considering the “oops turns out the printer was broken so we’ve got to re-issue your card” scenario that I’ve seen crop up on the forum?

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Please Help!!
Thanks
Oh gosh, the never ending waiting game! It’s been less than 2 weeks for mine but would still have expected it to arrive, even with covid. Expect your address is still correct, as is mine. I saw a few people post that they had delays and it turned out the card hadn’t printed properly, so ended up being re-sent. Presumably all we can do in practice is wait out the 6 weeks then, when it turns out they’ve dropped the ball, reach out again to say “please re-print”. Anyone got other ideas?

Jobankhehra

Nov 27, 2020
I emailed ircc to confirm if they have recieved my documents for PR card. The response is very generic but they wrote "Unfortunately we are unable to confirm the receipt of your documents".
They didn't check for my documents or they haven't recieved it yet. Canada post delivered it on 1st december