+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

guitarman

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Me waiting from June 28th. Did you get any updates or tried to contact CIC? I got an update yesterday with an email stating "We are still working" But application number is referring to PR application starts with E.
I got this same email, and I happened to be on the phone with IRCC enquiring about my PR Card application.

I think it's nothing to worry about.

vitspado

Feb 1, 2019
Me waiting from June 28th. Did you get any updates or tried to contact CIC? I got an update yesterday with an email stating "We are still working" But application number is referring to PR application starts with E.
Last time I called them (about 1 month ago), I was informed that I should keep waiting. Covid and bla bla bla...

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hello,

My PR card was approved on 26 November and mailed from the Saskatoon office.
My timeline is as below:

CoPR: June 18, 2020
Photos sent: July 2, 2020 (Saskatoon office)
Profile linked: November 12, 2020
1st GU: November 22, 2020
2nd GU: November 26, 2020, approved and mailed

Currently, I am in Etobicoke and just wondering how long it will take to receive the card? Anyone from the Toronto area received the card from the Saskatoon office recently, please share your timeline.

Thanks!
My card was approved and mailed out the same day as yours. I live in Montreal, but I still haven't received it.

munavar21

Jun 20, 2016
Wow thats great, congrats!
Still no update for me :(

Did you receive any confirmation after or other update saying they received new photos?
I haven't received the confirmation of anything for photos received.
Mine and my wife card have been approved but in the case of my children, it is still hanging. Moreover, I came to about their photos rejection from the agent there is no correspondence at all.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

kate.tingchunlin

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Just checked my online account, and it now says decision made and PR card is mailed. Timeline as follows
COPR October 16
Photo sent on 19th to Calgary office
Application was linked on account November 12
First ghost update Nov 28
Decision made Dec 2
Thank you everyone. Wish you all the best!
nice mate congrats

AJ_77

Oct 16, 2020
Edmonton folks!!

I’ll share my timeline as follows;

- COPR: June 9th
- Photos send: June 11th
- Photos received: June 15th

Silence and frustration after that and 5.5 months later;

- 1st GU: Nov 23rd
- 2nd Update: Nov 25th - Application approved and card mailed out
- Card received: Dec 2nd

I understand the frustration as I was in the same spot. Almost 6 months processing time for just a card is ridiculous. I got my PR in just 3.5 months during covid but don’t know if they’re using gold plates to print PR card that’s causing the delay.

Offices in prairie region are the slowest compared to Ontario and Quebec. Keep in mind that whichever office the photos are being mailed to all the applications get forwarded to the Sydney office because that’s the only printing place for PR cards.

Basically what I did is I kept emailing ‘cic-edmonton@cic.gc.ca’ on a daily basis and ensured that my subject in the email is showing that i’m frustrated. Doesn’t matter if I get automated response or not I still kept emailing them. Sometimes twice a day. I even received response from the agent that it’s there internal email address but I didn’t care. I just wanted my UCI and Application number to be visible in their email system.

My point is why there is a delay and backlog in the Edmonton office when all the other offices are working fine without delays. There’s covid everywhere and I kept seeing inconsistencies because people who were receiving COPR after June and sending their photos in offices elsewhere were getting it on time. (Mostly)

If they wouldn’t have completed my process before year end then my only option was to mail my COPR and photos directly to the Sydney office with an explanation letter.

Sorry for this long post but just wanted to show how frustrating it is for people who are sending their photos to the Edmonton office and waiting in a limbo with no updates.

Ha88

Aug 11, 2020
GU today, MTL office

My timeline
COPR: September 25
Photo sent on September 26
Delivered: September 28
1st GU: December 3rd

Hoping to receive my card soon!

Reactions: Angel1113