+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Montreal Office, 5 months and no news yet....The whole process in Quebec is ridiculous compared to other provinces. We started our application (just federal) in August 2018...and to date we don't have the PR Card yet....

kate.tingchunlin

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hi all,

I have a few question,
as an inland applicant will I receive any sort of confirmation once my photos are accepted? I know some of you got emails to confirm that you are in Canada and all, but I didn't get any of it, just the copr file from mycic account. Should I be worried? Or is it normal that I don't get any email about the photos I have mailed out and my address?

V3n0m

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Edmonton folks!!

I’ll share my timeline as follows;

- COPR: June 9th
- Photos send: June 11th
- Photos received: June 15th

Silence and frustration after that and 5.5 months later;

- 1st GU: Nov 23rd
- 2nd Update: Nov 25th - Application approved and card mailed out
- Card received: Dec 2nd

I understand the frustration as I was in the same spot. Almost 6 months processing time for just a card is ridiculous. I got my PR in just 3.5 months during covid but don’t know if they’re using gold plates to print PR card that’s causing the delay.

Offices in prairie region are the slowest compared to Ontario and Quebec. Keep in mind that whichever office the photos are being mailed to all the applications get forwarded to the Sydney office because that’s the only printing place for PR cards.

Basically what I did is I kept emailing ‘cic-edmonton@cic.gc.ca’ on a daily basis and ensured that my subject in the email is showing that i’m frustrated. Doesn’t matter if I get automated response or not I still kept emailing them. Sometimes twice a day. I even received response from the agent that it’s there internal email address but I didn’t care. I just wanted my UCI and Application number to be visible in their email system.

My point is why there is a delay and backlog in the Edmonton office when all the other offices are working fine without delays. There’s covid everywhere and I kept seeing inconsistencies because people who were receiving COPR after June and sending their photos in offices elsewhere were getting it on time. (Mostly)

If they wouldn’t have completed my process before year-end then my only option was to mail my COPR and photos directly to the Sydney office with an explanation letter.

Sorry for this long post but just wanted to show how frustrating it is for people who are sending their photos to the Edmonton office and waiting in a limbo with no updates.
Congrats on getting a PR card from the Edmonton office. I was on the same timeline and got mine last week.

When I got my COPR and send the documents for the PR Card in Edmonton. My friend submitted his profile under the express entry for PR. Guess what he got his pr approval and pr card before me (Etobicoke Office).

Reactions: sshivam29

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
Congrats on getting a PR card from the Edmonton office. I was on the same timeline and got mine last week.

When I got my COPR and send the documents for the PR Card in Edmonton. My friend submitted his profile under the express entry for PR. Guess what he got his pr approval and pr card before me (Etobicoke Office).
Edmonton is slowest in processing Pr cards.

Suzn8

Feb 20, 2020
Does anyone have an Idea what to do in my situation? I got approved PR last June, sent my photos to Winnipeg IRCC office. I’ve been waiting for my PR card for 6 months. I called IRCC and emailed to Winnipeg office multiple time but I got same response all the time. No update till now. My photos is no longer available for my PR card as 6 months past since I took a photo at photo studio. What should I do? Did they lost my photos? Is there nobody working at the Winnipeg office while other office’s staff working slowly?
Should I send my photos again to Winnipeg office or send it to other IRCC office like Toronto, Etobicoke? Or just keep waiting unitil my CoPR expires..

madhuece446

Nov 26, 2020
Does anyone have an Idea what to do in my situation? I got approved PR last June, sent my photos to Winnipeg IRCC office. I’ve been waiting for my PR card for 6 months. I called IRCC and emailed to Winnipeg office multiple time but I got same response all the time. No update till now. My photos is no longer available for my PR card as 6 months past since I took a photo at photo studio. What should I do? Did they lost my photos? Is there nobody working at the Winnipeg office while other office’s staff working slowly?
Should I send my photos again to Winnipeg office or send it to other IRCC office like Toronto, Etobicoke? Or just keep waiting unitil my CoPR expires..
Hi, I am with you. I got my PR on June 28th, sent photos and received on July 2nd. when I spoke with IRCC 2 weeks back and asked about the photos, he said no need to worry about it, if there is a concern from office they will email you for the request. Don't send photos again or else this will cause you waiting more.

madhuece446

Nov 26, 2020
Just keep waiting and hope for the best, that's what I am doing right now. :p :p

vitspado

Feb 1, 2019
I'm in the same situation. Got CoPR in June, and sent pictures to Winnipeg.... still waiting.

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Just received Approval and they mailed the PR card as well.
CORP :- 30th October.
Pic delivered:- 4th November
Office: Etobicoke.
Letter:- 27th November Received correspondence letter (not sure why)
Approval and mailed:- 1st December 2020.
Congratulations!!!
Our pictures should have reached there in the week of Nov 09, 2020 via Canada Post (Did not use the trackable service but regular post). Hope to see something soon.

Nov 29, 2020
Just received Approval and they mailed the PR card as well.
CORP :- 30th October.
Pic delivered:- 4th November
Office: Etobicoke.
Letter:- 27th November Received correspondence letter (not sure why)
Approval and mailed:- 1st December 2020.
Congrats, could you link this application on CIC website or no?

Cheena009

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hello everyone.
Does someone has same timeline?

copr- 28th may
Photo delivered - 5th June by registered mail.

visa office-nova scotia.
Its been more than 6 months I have been waiting for my First PR card.
Enquired many times throu phone calls and webforms but their reply is same- IT is in Process.

could anyone help me out? @legalfalcon

Reactions: Tamim8

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone.
Does someone has same timeline?

copr- 28th may
Photo delivered - 5th June by registered mail.

visa office-nova scotia.
Its been more than 6 months I have been waiting for my First PR card.
Enquired many times throu phone calls and webforms but their reply is same- IT is in Process.

could anyone help me out? @legalfalcon

There are rampant delays. You will have to wait.

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
We're same office! Sent mine October 19, no update.
Hoping you’ll hear soon. We’ve been in the same forums since AINP, EE and now PR card. Quite the journey!

As an update, after CoPR with Calgary on Sep 29, first GU on Nov 25, application finished and PR card send on Nov 26 ... still not received. But hoping by tomorrow. Although they say “up to 6 weeks”, my impression from this forum is that up to a week is more typical.

Edit - see that you have heard too. Congratulations!

Last edited:
Reactions: Happy Harper

FAhmed88

Oct 14, 2019
NL
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
!
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
25-02-2019
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
November, 2020
I sent a photo for the PR card to the address
IRCC Montreal-Photos CRP
1025 rue Saint-Jacques, Montreal,

Forgot to write Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on the top. Is it going to be a problem? Are they going to receive the mail properly?