+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Within our batch of people here there's been no update, which is a sample yes but it doesn't mean there haven't been any issued.

I know it looks bleak, but despite whether the 3 who got it were inland or not, those cards weren't magically printed, people must have worked on those cards.

lloyd153

May 31, 2019
I just called IRCC to ask whether they received my PR photo as I have had no update since I sent it in the post (I am inland CEC).

They informed me they cannot update me with any information. That they are not processing any PR Cards at the moment, because the offices are closed, and that they do not know when production will begin....they are a backlog since Feb/March

I intend to submit a complaint regarding the process...

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx?_ga=1.159223353.2062273042.1411484201

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
I just called IRCC to ask whether they received my PR photo as I have had no update since I sent it in the post (I am inland CEC).

They informed me they cannot update me with any information. That they are not processing any PR Cards at the moment, because the offices are closed, and that they do not know when production will begin....they are a backlog since Feb/March

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx?_ga=1.159223353.2062273042.1411484201
Oh man that's truly sad news :(
Anyway fingers crossed for some better news on this front soon, also thank you for sharing your update

Dark_Night

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Toronto

Will anything actually happen if we complain on their website? Perhaps someone should go to the newspaper.

Iceclimber

Feb 5, 2020
Hi all,
Do you know if it's a problem if I get a new passport while still waiting for the first PR card? I will have to go back home for some months soon and I don't know if I will have problems for PRTD/PR card when re-entering Canada, with the new passport...

asdfgty

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019

Everyone should complain about this process. Caused too many troubles.

homosapien2canada

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-05-2019
Passport Req..
17-12-2019
Waiting time for new PR Card updated to 98 days. 287 day for renewal.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
109 and PR card application status still shows submitted. :rolleyes: had called IRCC on 15 June and got no clear update, looks like time to call again.

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Waiting time for new PR Card updated to 98 days. 287 day for renewal.
Yup, just saw that. Very strange way in which IRCC keeps revising the processing time for 1st PR cards. Over here, at least 90% of out-land first time PR card applicants are waiting for 110+ days. People have run out of their savings/settlement funds. Plan Bs and Cs have all been destroyed due to all this uncertainty.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Yup, just saw that. Very strange way in which IRCC keeps revising the processing time for 1st PR cards. Over here, at least 90% of out-land first time PR card applicants are waiting for 110+ days. People have run out of their savings/settlement funds. Plan Bs and Cs have all been destroyed due to all this uncertainty.
I don’t see a connection between settlment funds and a PR card. Could you please elaborate?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I think he means that many of us outlanders have used up our savings to remain in Canada at a time when there are few prospects to kick start our careers here, for the moment. Many of us also still have commitments in our home country to wrap up, and we're still here, twiddling our thumbs, waiting for the PR card so we can travel back.

Yes, there is the PRTD but who knows what processing times will be for it by the time we need to return to Canada.

Most people don't want to take that risk and would prefer to have their PR cards.

I just looked at my bank balance and half of my savings have already been wiped out. It would be nice if IRCC had some kind of gameplan for resuming PR card production, if not that at least give us a timeline. I thought the whole purpose of the processing time was to do that, but now they're telling everyone they haven't even started PR card production.

But it sucks not having freedom of movement when many of us have global commitments. They want highly skilled immigrants, okay we're here, but you know what highly skilled immigrants need? They need to be able to move freely.

I know there's a pandemic, but most us have already waited more than 3 months for this thing. Surely someone should think of restarting production, even if it is not at full capacity.

I've been in Ontario all this time, i've been able to do all of my provincial business without any issues. Why can't that be the same at the federal level? They have even more resources!

Last edited:

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
I think he means that many of us outlanders have used up our savings to remain in Canada at a time when there are few prospects to kick start our careers here, for the moment. Many of us also still have commitments in our home country to wrap up, and we're still here, twiddling our thumbs, waiting for the PR card so we can travel back.

Yes, there is the PRTD but who knows what processing times will be for it by the time we need to return to Canada.

Most people don't want to take that risk and would prefer to have their PR cards.

I just looked at my bank balance and half of my savings have already been wiped out. It would be nice if IRCC had some kind of gameplan for resuming PR card production, if not that at least give us a timeline. I thought the whole purpose of the processing time was to do that, but now they're telling everyone they haven't even started PR card production.

But it sucks not having freedom of movement when many of us have global commitments. They want highly skilled immigrants, okay we're here, but you know what highly skilled immigrants need? They need to be able to move freely.

I have a commitment in my home country to get paperwork done so i can apply for the CPA designation, and i'll just need to do ab online course, and i'll have my qualification converted. If i miss the deadline next year, i'll have to do all the exams from scratch here. How does that make sense for me? People have commitments like this.

I know there's a pandemic, but most us have already waited more than 3 months for this thing. Surely someone should think of restarting production, even if it is not at full capacity.

I've been in Ontario all this time, i've been able to do all of my provincial business without any issues. Why can't that be the same at the federal level? They have more even more resources!
You can apply for PRTD from your home country. There is someone outside this forum who got hers in May in less than 3 weeks. She emailed the embassy while VFS offices were closed.

Furthermore, there is a chance you may get a multiple entry document if you write a LoE.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It depends where you are, many VOs are not still not open yet.

The broader point is, we need to be able to move freely and that's ensured by the PR card.

Reactions: dimash