+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
IRCC should stop everything they are doing and only focus on approval and prodcution of PR cards of Feb+Mar+April landing candidates because -

1. These candidates risked their health to start their life from scratch, from zero, in a new region in Feb/Mar/Apr months
2. These candidates had an idea that job hunting efforts will be difficult, now seem void
3. These candidates are solely surviving on their life savings... our life savings are precious
4. These candidates show true resilience and determination towards the Canadian Dream. Instead of a soft landing and going back, they are still spending their hard earned money and doing their small bit for the economy....
5. These candidates have left their comfort zones and complete security behind
6. Even though they had option to take visa extension, they still took the risk and decided to increase their SURVIVAL SKILLS
7. They will ultimately contribute to Canadian tax collections only (from they they they landed their money is going out)
8. They might feel depressed and isolated due to social distancing and lack of cultural immersion
9. They will have the MOST RESISTANCE blending in, networking, building resources etc.
10. They are very vulnerable to any medical mishap and we all know how quick OHIP is (sarcastically)

Don't you think they have the RIGHT to get their card in at least 60 days and go BACK to their nation and their support system, where they have a foundation?

What do YOU feel?
It's frustrating for everyone but you have to remember that immigration is a chance. Canada doesn't owe you anything because it allows you to live and work there.

I'd prefer to have my PR card sooner than early July to finally close this process but it doesn't block me or anyone who got their COPR to do anything.
Let's all sit back and wait a few more months.

Reactions: Ctv92

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Think you are in for some big shocks based on all your previous posts. Immigrants entering Canada are expected to come with enough savings to live without employment for around 6 months. They are rarely prioritized by government policy. Most people working in the trades don’t drive luxury cars but neither do those people working office jobs. If you get upset about not having tracked mail for PR cards, which would be incredibly expensive, you are going to be in for some big shocks when it comes to life in Canada. Lots of immigrants living less comfortable lives in Canada versus their home countries as well. Many are working jobs that aren’t paid much higher than minimum wage or minimum wage.
Good insights... but... I wonder... Then why are people so CRAZY LOONEY about CANADA, CANADA DREAM, FRESH WATER, TIMMYS! bla bla bla yada yada yada... Canada is a BRAND is quite well SOLD, I must say. Mayple leaf, read color, 420 is legal!, LGBTQ+ thrives ble bla bla blehhh

Of yes! Its impossible to get a green card so US Dream is dying.....

Maybe sweden, denmark or germany are good options for immigrants....

I think for Asians at large, Canada is like a second mini Asia
for French, its pretty convenient as well....

Reactions: Jabya

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Good insights... but... I wonder... Then why are people so CRAZY LOONEY about CANADA, CANADA DREAM, FRESH WATER, TIMMYS! bla bla bla yada yada yada... Canada is a BRAND is quite well SOLD, I must say. Mayple leaf, read color, 420 is legal!, LGBTQ+ thrives ble bla bla blehhh

Of yes! Its impossible to get a green card so US Dream is dying.....

Maybe sweden, denmark or germany are good options for immigrants....

I think for Asians at large, Canada is like a second mini Asia
for French, its pretty convenient as well....
Canada is a lucrative destination as it is the only I know of where I don't have to learn a foreign language to assimilate (outside Quebec, almost everybody is an Anglophone), has proximity to the US, you don't need a local job offer to get PR, citizenship can be initiated at 3+ years, and assuming you are from India, you can apply for an OCI card and come back anytime you want to India. As for Asians, most of us don't have very good outlook at home, so we try to move to greener pastures, so obviously you are going to see Asians in any place that welcomes talent that has been vetted. I may be horrendously wrong, but the Canadian people I've interacted with on Linkedin are immigrants themselves and they are so kind and trying to help you get settled. You have to think this way: beggars can't be choosers. America will not take us and we can't be living from H1B extension to another, wondering when the time to pack up will be; but Canada might take you and considering you may stuck in your home country for the rest of your life, you should take up Canada's offer.

As for me, I'm NOT minting money in India; I've been living in PGs and sharing accomodations and a very down-to-earth life. So, at least for me, I'm not leaving behind any grand utopia. Any decent paying job in Canada will still be the same type of lifestyle I'm having here in India: shared accomodation, minimal eating out, etc. There have been horror stories about people losing their life savings and coming back, but also stories of success where they finally find their feet.

I would ask that you don't trivialise the LGBTQ+ matter because some people cannot be open in their home country. Coming to Canada might be the only way they can be openly who they are.

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Has anyone here applied for their health card in Service Ontario? Will they accept the confirmation of PR letter they sent thru our email? Cause all requirements should be original not printed. Pls share your experience here

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Peeps, I had raised webform on 20th May to change my address on PR card application and today I received reply.

I had raised webform earlier as well to check the progress and there is subtle change in the response I got today.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

This line wasn't there in the earlier webform reply I received, which makes me believe my pr card application is finally in progress?
also the reply I got today says

Furthermore, we have received your enquiry regarding your updated address and have transferred it to the responsible office.

Does this mean new address is updated? How do I confirm this?

Anyone in same boat? or similar experiences?

iyerkartik

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hi Guys,

I received an email from "CIC-Etobicoke-Landings@cic.gc.ca" with the following information:

Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. We kindly ask that you read the letter carefully and follow the instructions concerning obtaining your permanent residence card(s) as well as applying for other government services. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! Please note that if you have a MY-CIC online account you may receive this letter twice. *** IRCC-Etobicoke – Landings Unit***

It also includes an attachment which mentions my UCI number correctly. I have applied for express entry from inland Canada end of December 2019. I however doubt the legitamecy of this email as my wife who is a primary applicant has not received this email nor our application status has changed online.

Has anyone else also got such an email?

Appreciate your help!

akforever99

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
Hi Guys,

I received an email from "CIC-Etobicoke-Landings@cic.gc.ca" with the following information:

Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. We kindly ask that you read the letter carefully and follow the instructions concerning obtaining your permanent residence card(s) as well as applying for other government services. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! Please note that if you have a MY-CIC online account you may receive this letter twice. *** IRCC-Etobicoke – Landings Unit***

It also includes an attachment which mentions my UCI number correctly. I have applied for express entry from inland Canada end of December 2019. I however doubt the legitamecy of this email as my wife who is a primary applicant has not received this email nor our application status has changed online.

Has anyone else also got such an email?

Appreciate your help!
My wife and I got this email this morning. I am the primary applicant.

Reactions: iyerkartik

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Peeps, I had raised webform on 20th May to change my address on PR card application and today I received reply.

I had raised webform earlier as well to check the progress and there is subtle change in the response I got today.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

This line wasn't there in the earlier webform reply I received, which makes me believe my pr card application is finally in progress?
also the reply I got today says

Furthermore, we have received your enquiry regarding your updated address and have transferred it to the responsible office.

Does this mean new address is updated? How do I confirm this?

Anyone in same boat? or similar experiences?
Sadly, it looks like a standard reply. I received a response with the exact same wording back in March: “your application is still in progress”.

Reactions: Jabya