+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Guys, the processing times have just been updated! New PR cards down from 113 to 108 days, yay! Lol

Permanent Resident cards

New PR card

108 days

Renewing or replacing a PR card

174 days
Haha .. thanks for checking/updating :)
Its still quite a bit better than 135 that it was a few weeks ago, I think they update it every Tuesday, hopefully keeps trending downwards.

Am surprised its not dipped further though, there must be hardly any cards to process currently, no?

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Haha .. thanks for checking/updating :)
Its still quite a bit better than 135 that it was a few weeks ago, I think they update it every Tuesday, hopefully keeps trending downwards.

Am surprised its not dipped further though, there must be hardly any cards to process currently, no?
Yeah, every Tuesday since two weeks ago. As for the time, should be some time before 4.30pm ET (yes, I’ve been refreshing the webpage throughout the day today haha).

The biggest drop is for renewals though - down from 248 to 174 days. If it were my case, I’d be as happy as a clam.

To be honest, I think they must be swamped with all the extra work they now have due to covid-19.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryeCatcher

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
I got my SIN today, May 28, 2020. I applied for it online on May 15, 2020. The letter is dated May 19, 2020. I attached copies of following documents:
1- Passport ID page
2- COPR (All pages + signed page)
3- Ontario Driving License (Proof of Address)
4- Ontario Driving License Application (Just to be safe)
5- Pakistan National ID Card (Just to be safe)
6- Letter of Explanation of lacking utility, lease, bank account in my name. (Just to be safe)

eninevo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Guys, the processing times have just been updated! New PR cards down from 113 to 108 days, yay! Lol

Permanent Resident cards

New PR card

108 days

Renewing or replacing a PR card

174 days
Um sorry to bring bad news but I landed yesterday and Immigration officer told me that PR card waiting time is 135 days.

eninevo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
I got my SIN today, May 28, 2020. I applied for it online on May 15, 2020. The letter is dated May 19, 2020. I attached copies of following documents:
1- Passport ID page
2- COPR (All pages + signed page)
3- Ontario Driving License (Proof of Address)
4- Ontario Driving License Application (Just to be safe)
5- Pakistan National ID Card (Just to be safe)
6- Letter of Explanation of lacking utility, lease, bank account in my name. (Just to be safe)
Congrats!

Can you please advise, on the following?

1- Should I apply for my wife's SIN (she is a housewife)?
2- My father applied for PR back in 2000 and I had a SIN number, so while applying I should choose "update of SIN" option?
3- I have a job offer on which my name and my relatives address is mentioned, Can I use my relatives address and when I have my own address, can I update it?

Please advise? Thank you

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Um sorry to bring bad news but I landed yesterday and Immigration officer told me that PR card waiting time is 135 days.
I’d take this info with a grain of salt. When I landed back in March the officer told me the waiting time was 6 weeks. Guess what - never happened. Other people who also landed in March were told different times, like, anything from 3 weeks to 3 months, depending on the officer. Well, they are still waiting for their pr cards, too.

The official processing time for new pr cards published on the ircc website was indeed 135 days as at May, 17. I bet this is where your officer got his numbers from.

However, the waiting time has since been updated, twice. First to 113 days on May, 19 and then to 108 days on May, 26. As you can see, so far it is gradually going down. Just keep checking the official ircc website every Tuesday, it’s the only valid and up to date source of information in regards to processing times of pr cards:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

eninevo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
I’d take this info with a grain of salt. When I landed back in March the officer told me the waiting time was 6 weeks. Guess what - never happened. Other people who also landed in March were told different times, like, anything from 3 weeks to 3 months, depending on the officer. Well, they are still waiting for their pr cards, too.

The official processing time for new pr cards published on the ircc website was indeed 135 days as at May, 17. I bet this is where your officer got his numbers from.

However, the waiting time has since been updated, twice. First to 113 days on May, 19 and then to 108 days on May, 26. As you can see, so far it is gradually going down. Just keep checking the official ircc website every Tuesday, it’s the only valid and up to date source of information in regards to processing times of pr cards:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
AH i see! Thanks for your prompt reply and kind guidance! Cheers!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Man, i've got a lot of free time.

If they need people to help out with the PR cards i'm right here.

I'm going to start with mine first though.
They stopped because a PR card is essentially a travel document so you don’t need the PR card unless you are planning to travel which isn’t common at the moment.

Reactions: pumpkin_latte

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congrats!

Can you please advise, on the following?

1- Should I apply for my wife's SIN (she is a housewife)?
2- My father applied for PR back in 2000 and I had a SIN number, so while applying I should choose "update of SIN" option?
3- I have a job offer on which my name and my relatives address is mentioned, Can I use my relatives address and when I have my own address, can I update it?

Please advise? Thank you
If you already have a SIN that means you are a PR and can’t apply for EE. You’d have to relinquish PR first. Yes your wife should apply for her PR. She needs to file taxes too. You should use your own address if you aren’t living in an AirBnB or monthly rental.