+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hi,

What private insurance did you take? I am a copr, travelling to Toronto from India later this week and have been looking for an insurance that I can take till I get my OHIP card so any recommendations will be very helpful.

Thanks!!
I dont think you need to take private insurance. OHIP covers without any wait period due to COVID. Check their site. Some people in this forum received it.

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Yup noticed this too.
I hope as their offices open up a little more it will reduce further.

What was it like before covid19, did it really just take 2 weeks?
Two weeks for PR Card in the GOOD OLD DAYS is like a dream from a disney novel for us.....

Now the situation is P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C :(

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Now with the extended processing time if you have sent a solemn declaration (8 months!) by the time I get my card I will have been a PR for almost a year and only be 1 year off applying for citizenship!
What an absolute joke! Another 8 months of waiting because they sent my card to the wrong address and accused me of “changing my address back”. Why on earth would I change my address from the correct one that they had sent my CoPR to, back to my old incorrect address?

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Now with the extended processing time if you have sent a solemn declaration (8 months!) by the time I get my card I will have been a PR for almost a year and only be 1 year off applying for citizenship!
What an absolute joke! Another 8 months of waiting because they sent my card to the wrong address and accused me of “changing my address back”. Why on earth would I change my address from the correct one that they had sent my CoPR to, back to my old incorrect address?
This is a NIGHTMARE dressed as a DAYDREAM.

Wicked jokes like thorns of a rose. :(

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
IRCC should stop everything they are doing and only focus on approval and prodcution of PR cards of Feb+Mar+April landing candidates because -

1. These candidates risked their health to start their life from scratch, from zero, in a new region in Feb/Mar/Apr months
2. These candidates had an idea that job hunting efforts will be difficult, now seem void
3. These candidates are solely surviving on their life savings... our life savings are precious
4. These candidates show true resilience and determination towards the Canadian Dream. Instead of a soft landing and going back, they are still spending their hard earned money and doing their small bit for the economy....
5. These candidates have left their comfort zones and complete security behind
6. Even though they had option to take visa extension, they still took the risk and decided to increase their SURVIVAL SKILLS
7. They will ultimately contribute to Canadian tax collections only (from they they they landed their money is going out)
8. They might feel depressed and isolated due to social distancing and lack of cultural immersion
9. They will have the MOST RESISTANCE blending in, networking, building resources etc.
10. They are very vulnerable to any medical mishap and we all know how quick OHIP is (sarcastically)

Don't you think they have the RIGHT to get their card in at least 60 days and go BACK to their nation and their support system, where they have a foundation?

What do YOU feel?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
IRCC should stop everything they are doing and only focus on approval and prodcution of PR cards of Feb+Mar+April landing candidates because -

1. These candidates risked their health to start their life from scratch, from zero, in a new region in Feb/Mar/Apr months
2. These candidates had an idea that job hunting efforts will be difficult, now seem void
3. These candidates are solely surviving on their life savings... our life savings are precious
4. These candidates show true resilience and determination towards the Canadian Dream. Instead of a soft landing and going back, they are still spending their hard earned money and doing their small bit for the economy....
6. Even though they had option to take visa extension, they still took the risk and decided to increase their SURVIVAL SKILLS
7. They will ultimately contribute to Canadian tax collections only (from they they they landed their money is going out)
8. They might feel depressed and isolated due to social distancing and lack of cultural immersion
9. They will have the MOST RESISTANCE blending in, networking, building resources etc.
10. They are very vulnerable to any medical mishap and we all know how quick OHIP is (sarcastically)

Don't you think they have the RIGHT to get their card in at least 60 days and go BACK to their nation and their support system, where they have a foundation?

What do YOU feel?
But there is nothing to stop anyone leaving the country as do not need a PR card to leave.

To come back 2 choices 1)have a friend or relative coureir/mail the card to home country address OR 2)when ready to come back apply for a PRTD from home country which would be approved as long as not near failing the residency obligation.

Unfortunately given PR cards are more about travel from outside of Canada which currently is restricted then suspect the government has more pressing priorities at the moment.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
Med's Done....
08-10-2019
Passport Req..
06-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2020
LANDED..........
19-09-2020
Hello all,

I tried to do my research and see what are the list of things to do post-landing, but in the context of COVID19, the procedures seem confusing. Could someone please give me a broad outline of what to apply for and in what sequence? I will be traveling later this year and my flight will arrive in Canada late night, so Service Canada will be closed. I swear, I'm not being lazy or looking for ready answers; I'm just overwhelmed at I'm what I'm supposed to do once my plane hits the tarmac.

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019

What do YOU feel?
Yeah that’s unlikely. They’ll get to it when they get to it. I landed mar 3 so tomorrow will be 12 weeks.
If you get a job, COPR work suffice as verification.
If you leave Canada before you get card, you can re enter via US land border with COPR or apply for a PRTD.

It’s not like they’re doing it on purpose. We knew we were stepping into an unknown landing in such uncertain times (and I was an inland applicant so was here when I landed at land border). Covid 19 has thrown everyone and everyyything for a loop.

Open a bank account to use as address verification for SIN. Or use your lease. Not sure about other provinces, but Ontario has waived wait times. You get her OHIP right away at the moment. Some of their locations are open. Check online.

It won’t always be like this guys. When I get frustrated, I try to remember all the reasons I applied for PR and how I’d much rather be here than waiting to hear back about app status or waiting for ielts etc

Last edited:
Reactions: hasithaviduranga

Alt_

Aug 21, 2019
If you leave Canada before you get card, you can re enter via US land border with COPR or apply for a PRTD.
Both options are not applicable for me. I don't have US visa and US embassies are closed. I can't apply for a PRTD as well because Canadian embassies are closed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

What do YOU feel?
Think you are in for some big shocks based on all your previous posts. Immigrants entering Canada are expected to come with enough savings to live without employment for around 6 months. They are rarely prioritized by government policy. Most people working in the trades don’t drive luxury cars but neither do those people working office jobs. If you get upset about not having tracked mail for PR cards, which would be incredibly expensive, you are going to be in for some big shocks when it comes to life in Canada. Lots of immigrants living less comfortable lives in Canada versus their home countries as well. Many are working jobs that aren’t paid much higher than minimum wage or minimum wage.

Last edited:

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
Yeah that’s unlikely. They’ll get to it when they get to it. I landed mar 3 so tomorrow will be 12 weeks.
If you get a job, COPR work suffice as verification.

It’s not like they’re doing it on purpose. We knew we were stepping into an unknown landing in such uncertain times (and I was an inland applicant so was here when I landed at land border). Covid 19 has thrown everyone and everyyything for a loop.

Open a bank account to use as address verification for SIN. Or use your lease. Not sure about other provinces, but Ontario has waived wait times. You get her OHIP right away at the moment. Some of their locations are open. Check online.

It won’t always be like this guys. When I get frustrated, I try to remember all the reasons I applied for PR and how I’d much rather be here than waiting to hear back about app status or waiting for ielts etc
Exactly