+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
@Debabrata Biswas - Worng Thread! This is for us struggling PRz waiting for our cards and trying to build a life here... for your cause...You can try insta, fb and twitter - IRCC and both JT have their handles. Best of luck & stay safe! :)

abong

Apr 1, 2020
Hey folks!

These questions is for the folks who applied for the SIN online recently :

1. After applying for it - did you get any notifications via email or any means of tracking the application?

2. Roughly how long after applying did you receive the rejection letter or the SIN sent to the address?

Thanks for taking the time to answer :)!

prabinsolomen20

Jul 30, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
22-08-2018
AOR Received.
19-10-2018
Med's Done....
22-11-2018
Passport Req..
08-10-2019
Hey folks!

1. After applying for it - did you get any notifications via email or any means of tracking the application?

2. Roughly how long after applying did you receive the rejection letter or the SIN sent to the address?

Hi all,

I am sharing my experience for all and advise me for remaining procedures after landing.

I have applied SIN through online and received in 15 days by post. You cant track SIN application but possible to call them (service Canada) but you may to wait for 2 hours, give reference no for seeking update. I have showed patience for 15 days. If there is any rejection will get letter in 15 days by post.

For those need to apply SIN, apply though web. You need to attach COPR with passport copy (primary document), passport front and back (secondary document) and address proof. For address proof, i have opened a bank account with TD (for new immigrants, you do not need SIN. just give COPR and passport) and request them to give the account statement with stamp; in that our address will be there. These documents apply online and hopefully you will get it. Always keep the reference number once you complete the submission.

For wife, you need separate address proof, so better open joint account and get another statement in her name. For kids, you can attach your address proof and you need to attach your COPR, passport copies for this application also.

PR card waiting no updates on web, linked application file to my account including all dependents.
OHIP not yet applied, i have private insurance for 3 months. I need to apply, collected forms will do later, waiting to settle pandemic issues and our stay period is short, we have to travel back as we are waiting to lift lock down. For OHIP, min 153 days should be present in Ontario in first 12 months.

Driving license - centers are closed waiting to re open. Driving rental car with foreign license as it is valid for first 60 days. I have sent email to MTO for clarification for any extension to this period.

Other than above, please guide me anything i have to do

Fingers crossed, pray for good.

Stay safe

Reactions: guydecent

sukh807

Nov 6, 2009
Hey folks!

Applied online Apr 28
Sin issued May 4
Letter received May 15

No way to track the letter. The file can be tracked by calling sin department of service Canada and they tell you if letter is sent..They ask for pretty much same info as you enter when applying online mum dad last name so on..

Basically the whole process should not take more than 2 weeks max.

Reactions: guydecent

abong

Apr 1, 2020
Applied online Apr 28
Sin issued May 4
Letter received May 15

No way to track the letter. The file can be tracked by calling sin department of service Canada and they tell you if letter is sent..They ask for pretty much same info as you enter when applying online mum dad last name so on..

Thanks! This timeline helps a lot.

Does the letter contain the printed SIN card ? Or is it just a printed SIN number that's assigned to you and the card comes later ?

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Yes, the webform route works.

A few days after the webform is raised, an IRCC representative will send a confirmation email notifying that the change has been recorded.

And then, you wait... :)
Thanks! so webform it is. :)

sg0608

Jul 31, 2019
Hi all,

I am sharing my experience for all and advise me for remaining procedures after landing.

I have applied SIN through online and received in 15 days by post. You cant track SIN application but possible to call them (service Canada) but you may to wait for 2 hours, give reference no for seeking update. I have showed patience for 15 days. If there is any rejection will get letter in 15 days by post.

For those need to apply SIN, apply though web. You need to attach COPR with passport copy (primary document), passport front and back (secondary document) and address proof. For address proof, i have opened a bank account with TD (for new immigrants, you do not need SIN. just give COPR and passport) and request them to give the account statement with stamp; in that our address will be there. These documents apply online and hopefully you will get it. Always keep the reference number once you complete the submission.

For wife, you need separate address proof, so better open joint account and get another statement in her name. For kids, you can attach your address proof and you need to attach your COPR, passport copies for this application also.

PR card waiting no updates on web, linked application file to my account including all dependents.
OHIP not yet applied, i have private insurance for 3 months. I need to apply, collected forms will do later, waiting to settle pandemic issues and our stay period is short, we have to travel back as we are waiting to lift lock down. For OHIP, min 153 days should be present in Ontario in first 12 months.

Driving license - centers are closed waiting to re open. Driving rental car with foreign license as it is valid for first 60 days. I have sent email to MTO for clarification for any extension to this period.

Other than above, please guide me anything i have to do

Fingers crossed, pray for good.

Stay safe
Hi,

What private insurance did you take? I am a copr, travelling to Toronto from India later this week and have been looking for an insurance that I can take till I get my OHIP card so any recommendations will be very helpful.

Thanks!!

sukh807

Nov 6, 2009
Thanks! This timeline helps a lot.

Does the letter contain the printed SIN card ? Or is it just a printed SIN number that's assigned to you and the card comes later ?
Just number.

I believe, plastic cards were stopped in March 2014.

MoizArif

Apr 2, 2020
Applied online Apr 28
Sin issued May 4
Letter received May 15

Do you remember your SIN application number from when you applied online? I also applied 28th April and still waiting for my SIN letter.