+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Are March 2020 PR's Lucky or Unlucky? - We all have one 'landing as an immigrant' karma in common! - Only time will tell :)

With regards to my PR Card... I landed on 13th March at Toronto. My application is linked and status submitted. I will wait 61 days and on 15th May 2020 I will raise a webform request stating -

"Dear Officer, Regarding Application - 1234567891011 - Requesting any update on the dispatch of my PR card. I hope all things are in order. Please let me know if you need anything. Regards"

Is anyone planning to do this? let me know, moreover, in case you have any written update/response, please share it here! we are all so EXHAUSTED by the constant negativity and hopelessness in Media. Things shall get better by June! :)

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Are March 2020 PR's Lucky or Unlucky? - We all have one 'landing as an immigrant' karma in common! - Only time will tell :)

With regards to my PR Card... I landed on 13th March at Toronto. My application is linked and status submitted. I will wait 61 days and on 15th May 2020 I will raise a webform request stating -

"Dear Officer, Regarding Application - 1234567891011 - Requesting any update on the dispatch of my PR card. I hope all things are in order. Please let me know if you need anything. Regards"

Is anyone planning to do this? let me know, moreover, in case you have any written update/response, please share it here! we are all so EXHAUSTED by the constant negativity and hopelessness in Media. Things shall get better by June! :)
Let's call ourselves lucky for the sake of it! I raised webform yesterday after 40 days of inactivity and asked simple one line question as to how many more days it's going to take.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I sort of feel like a PR card is an essential document, and they should be providing this within a certain time frame despite the pandemic. 2 months should be more than enough time to do this, especially as there are not as many people landing nowadays anyway.

Last edited:

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
I sort of feel like a PR card is an essential document, and they should be providing this within a certain time frame despite the pandemic. 2 months should be more than enough time to do this, especially as there are not as many people landing nowadays anyway.
My guess - As its a secured card, need to be printed out of facility and physically mailed out, with reduced personnel who may be working in office, there seem to be a delay. PR Card is required only if you are traveling out of country - Due to border shut downs & almost 0 travel, PR card printing would have been considered a non-essential activity. As long as you have your CoPR, your stay is legal in Canada. If you have your SIN & CoPR, you should be good enough to avail most govt services(Which are open)! - Take care.

Reactions: Ctv92

Jabya

May 29, 2019
My guess - As its a secured card, need to be printed out of facility and physically mailed out, with reduced personnel who may be working in office, there seem to be a delay. PR Card is required only if you are traveling out of country - Due to border shut downs & almost 0 travel, PR card printing would have been considered a non-essential activity. As long as you have your CoPR, your stay is legal in Canada. If you have your SIN & CoPR, you should be good enough to avail most govt services(Which are open)! - Take care.
Thats the point, can't get out because I dont have PR card, and without PR card won't be able to come in again! hence the urgency! but situation is severe so delay is very much in line of it.

abrahamp

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Thats the point, can't get out because I don't have a PR card, and without PR card won't be able to come in again! hence the urgency! but the situation is severe so delay is very much in the line of it.
Without PR Card you can enter back. If it's urgent then you could apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to enter back. But this should be done outside Canada. Moreover, you can enter Canada through Road via USA if you have US Visa (B1/B2 or transit). In this Case, the Border will accept COPR as proof of travel document.

I have across a post in another thread where the person left without PR card and he was able to enter back to Canada using PRTD.

Reactions: Jabya