- PR card was approved and mailed : May 30

- PR card arrived Canadian address home: June 3

The journey eventually is over. Thank you for all supports

Avinash1977

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Inside Canada: 1-888-242-2100
Outside: try from hangouts app, 613-944-4000

Dial in at 7:40 AM EST if you want to connect soon with the agents.
I called the IRCC today. Agent was very helpful. She sent a message to case processing office.
I hope they will approve it soon.

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
- Landed on 8th May
- Received PR Card 4th June
- Send out PR Card reissue application 4th June

Whole month of waiting and got card with wrong information. My nationality on the card is incorrect but country of birth is correct lol, I guess the officer was drunk :rolleyes:

Guys please verify carefully the information on the card

AK11503

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Landed on 22 Apr 2019. not yet received PR card, any one in same situation. I dont have CIC account access as my case was processed by Consultant. Also any number to contact CIC card process center. Thank you

Avinash1977

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Tomorrow or day after you should see the Ghost update.
Good Luck!!
You ware right. Today I see the status of the application under GCKey as "Application/Profile Updated". I think this is a ghost update. No email about ghost update.

When I clicked on "Check full application status", status again changed to " Submitted".

Hope to get the PR cards mailed soon.

Reactions: Best4best

Muhammaddd

Jun 27, 2018
Hey guys
Landed on 27th may at hamilton cic office
Card was mailed on 29th may
Card received in oakville ontario on 3rd june
Finally the journey comes to an end for atleast 2 years
Best of luck to everyone who is waiting for this journey to end

Reactions: andybc

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hey guys
Landed on 27th may at hamilton cic office
Card was mailed on 29th may
Card received in oakville ontario on 3rd june
Finally the journey comes to an end for atleast 2 years
Best of luck to everyone who is waiting for this journey to end
Wow, that is insanely fast(the PR card part)! Congrats!

nairaland

Apr 18, 2019
I have just found that you can "track" your PR Card delivery, and it´s pretty silly.

Check your "Document Status" section at your PR Card application, in your MyCIC account.

If it says something like "We have mailed your PR Card. It may take about six weeks to be delivered...", this means IRCC has no confirmation whether the PR Card was received NOR returned.

If it changes to "Your document is valid", it means the PR Card has been either delivered OR returned. You can only be sure of which by calling IRCC 1-888-242-2100, options 2, 3, 0 (LOTS of patience to be able to speak to an agent, THEN to wait for the agent), and then verify this possibility.

If the card was returned by Canada Post to IRCC, they´ll tell you. The agent will then verify the address, update it if applicable, and re-issue the PR Card, this time urgently and with a timeframe of 15 days. You can verify the same for your spouse and dependant children, just make sure you have UCI, complete name and date of birth for everyone (including you).

That has just happened to me. Our PR Cards were returned and received by IRCC May 28. I found odd that the message had changed at MyCIC portal so I googled about it, and found out about being able to track a possible PR Card return. I already figured out what happened with my friend in Toronto who gladly handed their address as our mailing address for basically everything (we´ve soft landed, so we´re kinda on the clock now to avoid a PRTD request), and I should receive our PR Cards this time.

This changes my timeline to:

Landed: May 2 (Pearson International)
Linked applications: May 3
Ghost update, approved and mailed: May 9
Returned to IRCC: May 28
Re-issued to same address: May 31

Good luck everyone!

Thank you this helped. (Y)

awrypr

Apr 9, 2019
Hello folks, I checked CIC account and found my PR card application status has become “Application/profile updated”, I wondered if this is so called ghost update, and how long will it takes for CIC to dispatch my card under this status.

Thanks a million!

Reactions: barsarah

Oz256

Feb 22, 2019
Landed with my wife on May 11th
Cards dispatched May 31st
My card was received on June 6th and it came to my representative's office. But my wife's card still hasn't arrived, I called IRCC and agent told me that my wife's card was shipped to our home address but they didn't put our unit number. So I'm guessing they shipped her card back to IRCC. Anyone with the similar issue? "Funny" thing though, when we were at the border CBSA officer asked us for our home address and she said I don't want any representative's address. Well I guess CBSA and IRCC have both their own way

Last edited:
Reactions: barsarah