+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

mapleleaf2019

Jan 31, 2019
I do it every week. I have been leaving in Canada since 2013 but became a PR in Dec 2018. Still waiting for my PR card to come but I go to US once every week and come back to Canada using my visa-required passport and CoPR (I use my own vehicle to cross the border).
wow! thats some information! so i must be able to travel by road using my own vehicle with my indian passport and CoPR and they will let me in.
are you travelling every week to Canada even after Dec 2018?

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
wow! thats some information! so i must be able to travel by road using my own vehicle with my indian passport and CoPR and they will let me in.
are you travelling every week to Canada even after Dec 2018?
Yes done it 3-4 times in January. Few examples of my interaction:
(1) Hand over my passport. Border officer asked "Where is home". I answer. He asked "What was your reason to travel to USA?". I replied. He asked "How do I know what your status in Canada is". I answer I am a new PR as I landed in Dec 2018 and haven't received my PR card yet but told him that he can have a look at the CoPR attached in my passport. He opens it up and looks at it. Hands my passport back and lets me proceed.
(2)Hand over my passport. Border officer asked "Where is home". I answer. He asked "What was your reason to travel to USA?". I replied. Hands my passport back and lets me proceed.

You can see the difference between my two interactions. The questions you get asked will vary based on CBSA officers. Both the visa officers were quite friendly and chill. Its just the first one asked me about my status in Canada and the second one didn't even bother to. Their computers should show them your info when they scan your passports.

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
I sent in a webform asking the status for my PR card . They said they cant locate my photos at this point because they are processing Dec 10th photos resubmission.
Is this normal ? Has anyone else recived this reply saying we cant locate your photos?

Timeline

Oct 24- landed
Dec 13- photo requested
Dec 21-delivered

Nothing yet !!!

Reactions: dell2 and Sid6767

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
I sent in a webform asking the status for my PR card . They said they cant locate my photos at this point because they are processing Dec 10th photos resubmission.
Is this normal ? Has anyone else recived this reply saying we cant locate your photos?

Timeline

Oct 24- landed
Dec 13- photo requested
Dec 21-delivered

Nothing yet !!!

That's perfectly normal. They know nothing until they actually start processing the card.

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019

Timeline

Oct 24- landed
Dec 13- photo requested
Dec 21-delivered

Nothing yet !!!
yes i got same reply on 26th january and i got ghost update on 1st february dont worry everything is fine :)

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
Application approved on Gckey.
Landed Oct 16 2018
Asked to resubmit photos = Dec 07 2018
Received from CIC= Dec 10 2018
Ghost update = Feb 01 2018
Finally is done!

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thanks a lot !

I had a few more questions - please try and answer them, it will be really helpful.
1. Did you mail the documents or dropped off and collected by yourself from VFS, NY?
***I did mail all my documents via Express postal service including signature***
2. I am planning to provide the below documents for PRTD. did you submit anything else that i am missing?

IMM 5524 E _ Application for a Permanent Resident Travel Document
***YES***
imm5627e - Document Checklist
**YES**
VFS consent form - downloaded from VFS site
**YES**
CONTACT INFORMATION IN A SEPARATE PIECE OF PAPER
**YES** I WROTE A LETTER OF EXPLANATION AND PUT MY ADDRESS IN CANADA

COPR = YES ONLY COPY
SIN = YES
Passport = YES ORIGINAL
Photos = YES 2 PHOTOS
Fees (Package transmission, Assisted Service - Paper Applications) - 50.7 USD = YES, I INCLUDED SMS SERVICE TOO, 1.90$
Return Envelope - UPS = YES WITH TRACKING NUMBER

3. Did you submit any address proof of the mentioned address in Canada (in PR and PRTD) ? = YES I SENT THEM MY BILLS, LIKE HYDROTORONTO, COPY OF MY LEASE, BANK STATEMENT

4. Did you provide Family information form (IMM5645E) or VFS entry/exit form or anything of that sort? = NO NEED TO THESE DOCUMENTS
Please check my answers, if you want to cross the border by a private or rented car, you can just show your CoPR, passport, any address proof. You can cross the border with a vehicle, but do not take bus, train, plane.

Reactions: dell2

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
my AOR - 30th july
MEP/IP1 - 15th august
IP2/ADR - 15th august
PPR - 24th september
COPR - 2nd october
Landing - 7th october
Photo request - 10th december
Photos receipt - 13th december
Ghost update - 1st february
Approval for PR CARD - 4th february

waiting for PR CARD ‍♂ so funny that i got COPR in 3 months but for PR CARD i have to wait for 4 months :D

Reactions: Genesis76 and dell2

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.

Timeline

Oct 24- landed
Dec 13- photo requested
Dec 21-delivered

Nothing yet !!!
ya normal reply.

You and I have almost same timelines.
I Landed -25th Oct
Photos delivered - 19th Dec.