Just an update.
Landed: May 15th
Photo request: June 27th
Photo received: July 3rd
App updated: July 25th
Approved: waiting
Hi,
Was your card approved yet please?
You got it updated two days ago correct?

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront,submitted on 23-03-2017
Landed on May 15th (outland) and finally got a Ghost Update today...
Hi,
Is your card approved yet please?
Does it show still updated on your cic account?
Thank you

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront,submitted on 23-03-2017
My timeline:
Inland Application from B.C.
Soft landing - June 5
Ghost Update - July 23
Approved - July 26
Hi,
When you say ghost update, the status changed to update and it remains update until it get approved or how does it show please on your cic account?
Thank you

Jan 8, 2016
Hi - My situation is as below.
Landed - Apr 15th
Photo Resubmission request - May 31
Photo Received by CIC - June 5th

I called CIC and they mentioned that the photos and Card was approved on Jul 10th. But as of today (Jul 26th) I haven't received my card. I have verified with CIC and they have correct address on file.
Anyone can help here with similar situation and suggest steps further please?

*Update*
I was finally able to link my PR card application. It shows as 'Submitted' but CIC agent told it was approved on 10th Jul. The application in portal says "Status Updated Date = 10th Jul".

any idea guys when this will be mailed out and received? I stay in BC.

Last edited:

bbb1253

Dec 26, 2016
Saudi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2017
Hi Guys

Landed - 3 May
Photo Request - 18 June
Photo sent by courier & received on - 28 June

I called CIC today to inquire about my case and the agent checked my file and told me that the photos are okay and under process.

However agent also told me that they received the photos only on 19 July while i have UPS confirmation that it was received on 28 June !!

So it seems there is like a 3 week delay just for sending photos to CIC courier address instead of the PO box.

Did anyone face the similar issue?

maicha

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
June 2017
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
April 2017
Med's Request
February 28 2018/ March 12 2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018/ May 17, 2018 PASSED
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
did anyone here exit/flag pole recently in Regway?
what do i need to bring beside on what is written in CoPR?
do i need bring another set of photos?

sov_chal

Jun 5, 2018
Hi,
When you say ghost update, the status changed to update and it remains update until it get approved or how does it show please on your cic account?
Thank you
No, the status changed to update for a few hours on July 23rd and it changed back to submitted again. Then it finally changed to approved on July 26.

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
Timeline:

Landed: 17th May (Toronto)
Photo request: 3rd July
Photos sent: 4th July
Photos received: 9th July
Approved: 27th July

I calculated that before July the average day to get photo request or get approved was 48 days (not delivery of card, total time~ 53 days, 58-62 as per cic website), and if photos were requested, a further 37 days on average to get approved. [Based on sample size of 25 people].

But now I think they have speed up the process and times have reduced by 2 weeks on average for people who submitted their photos again. Good work CIC.

Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: trislex

Mont_Lover

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Timeline:

Landed: 17th May (Toronto)
Photo request: 3rd July
Photos sent: 4th July
Photos received: 9th July
Approved: 27th July

I calculated that before July the average day to get photo request or get approved was 48 days (not delivery of card, total time~ 53 days, 58-62 as per cic website), and if photos were requested, a further 37 days on average to get approved. [Based on sample size of 25 people].

But now I think they have speed up the process and times have reduced by 2 weeks on average for people who submitted their photos again. Good work CIC.

Good luck to everyone.
Great Analysis

Do you know how much time it takes for first time to see and approve ?

Luizmk

Sep 17, 2017
So I finally got my PR Card last week, below the unusually long timeline...

April 4th - Landing
May 15th - Opened a CSE to update address
May 23rd - Confirmation Address updated
Between May 30th and June 2nd - Status changed to updated
June 4th - Status changed to approved
June 13th - Worried that the cards had not arrived yet I check the CSE I opened and realize I made the stupid mistake of not including apartment number on the address
June 14th - The rental company confirms that letters with no apartment number are returned to sender, local post office doesn´t have the card. At night I open a new CSE explaining the situation, informing the apartment number and asking how to proceed
June 15th - My wife manages to speak with CIC over the phone, they inform that the cards haven´t arrived back yet, she updates the address on both files and we are informed they will be sent back as soon as they arrive.
July 4th - Receive an answer for my CSE, they inform the address is updated and my card will be sent in the next few days, they also inform my wife's card had already been sent that same morning
July 13th - Wife´s card arrives, postage date says it was posted July 9th
July 20th - My card arrives, postage date say it was posted July 11th

So finally I have it in my hands and I must say it is the most beautiful piece of ID I ever had, seriously the card is gorgeous. More than once I thought that I would have to declare my card lost and get back in line again for a new one that would only arrive by October/November but luckily it all worked out, it just was delayed for a month because of my mistake when updating the address...

amir2211

Jul 29, 2018
hi guys, I came to Canada as a refugee last year and had my hearing was on Dec 14, 2016.
I was determined protected person and I was told that I should apply for PR card.
so basically I have been waiting since to receive my card and on the website, it only says we have started processing your application form on Feb 2017.
I think it has gotten way too long, and I desperately need the card for my SIN number
any help would be greatly appreciated.