+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

MDW

Apr 11, 2018
Dang... sorry to hear that. Looks like there are other ppl here like me who landed in Jan still waiting.
Waiting from Feb 18. Fill a web form inquiry as many times those are sent to an actual immigration officer and not simply to a call centre agent who is not an officer Once you get a reply in writing that reply will have to be accurate as now it is a written record. Then fax that reply and inquire your status directly with the PR Card Processing Centre in Sydney by fax at (902)-564-2781.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baahubali

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017
landed in Vancouver on 4th April....COPR was approved around end of November, 2017....still nothing in MyCIC which is expected....what are the chances of getting new photo request based on the fact the my photos are almost 6 months old now?

striker87

Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
If it is more than 6 months between the date of issue of the CoPR and the date of obtaining PR status, then they ask for new photos as obviously the photo is now more than 6 months old.
I think the 6 month criteria should only apply to the time when you give your passport for visa stamping (logically). I have noted a couple incidences on these threads where ppl were not asked for new ones even if they landed in canada more than 6 months after their COPR photo date. But I'm not sure cuz no one seems to specifically know why their photos got rejected and more often than not we see photo rejection stories. Anyway I'm hoping that my original ones are accepted otherwise that'll delay the process even longer.

Ypm32

Jan 5, 2018
This is sad, I hope no one else goes through this and this is your last month of waiting.

Do you know why they requested photos for a second time?
For the first Photo I have no idea the reason, for the second Photo, I didn't realize but after looking at the details It seems that there is a shadow just on the left side of my face and I believe that's the problem. So it is not an uniform lighting as described on the Photo specifications. I Hope they accept the third Photo that I took, otherwise I Will be taking Photos for the rest of the year lol

Azy15

Dec 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Request
23-09-2017
Med's Done....
09-10-2017
Passport Req..
23-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2017
Is it possible that the computer accepts or rejects the photos? Or people working in cic go through all the photos individually, accepting or rejecting based on whatever the criteria there is?

Phyline

Jun 1, 2017
Toronto
Checking in here, also resubmitted photos. Border agent only took one photo when I landed, not sure that's the reason. Meanwhile, I'm now outside of Canada and slowly starting to angst over not being able to fly back in 1-2 months to look at apartments.

Landed: March 8th @ Hamilton
Photos requested: April 19th
Photos delivered: April 29th

Last edited:

MDW

Apr 11, 2018
I think the 6 month criteria should only apply to the time when you give your passport for visa stamping (logically). I have noted a couple incidences on these threads where ppl were not asked for new ones even if they landed in canada more than 6 months after their COPR photo date. But I'm not sure cuz no one seems to specifically know why their photos got rejected and more often than not we see photo rejection stories. Anyway I'm hoping that my original ones are accepted otherwise that'll delay the process even longer.
The older criteria used to be 1 year hence for some people before they were not asked. See regulations for a better legal understanding. Then they changed the policy to 6 months so now they have been asking for new photos.

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
I had a similar situation. I called CIC only to find out that my daughter’s profile had our address from back in Jamaica and an old email address. The agent told me they sent the request for new photos for my daughter to the old email address, if I didn’t call I would have waited for months and not gotten any update on her application status, because up to now nothing has changed , it just says Submitted. it’s best to call them to find out if there is any problem with your daughter application.
Thank you for the advice. I am keen to find out the status as well, however we have completed a soft landing and are back in Dubai (UAE) at the moment. I read somewhere that I will not be able to call the CIC enquiry number if based outside Canada. Nevertheless, I will ask my relatives to keep an eye out for any physical photo request letter that may come in via post. I have also raised a case enquiry and am hoping that CIC respond back soon.

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
I landed at YYZ on April 7th. I know that my photo specs were okay and I had all the details stamped on the back. The only reason they could have (but I hope not) that the picture was taken at the time of Visa stamping (July 2017 in Abu Dhabo) so by the date of my landing in April 2018 the picture was more than 6 months old so unless that's a criteria??? I hope I should be fine.
I don't think the 6 months really applies. I had my (and family) photographs take in July 2017 (submission of documents for CoPR) and completed my landing in the end of March 2018. 2 out of 4 applications were approved with photographs that were over 6 months old. My wife's photograph attached to the CoPR had a few really tiny ink smudges on it (while processing CoPR in AUH), which could be the reason why it was rejected. I asked the immigration officer at the airport if it would be accepted as I carried extra photographs when landing, and he replied that the photograph on the CoPR should be fine. I doubt that was the case...

lw03070

Jan 8, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2018
Passport Req..
13-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2018
LANDED..........
05-04-2018
anybody landed in april get approved?

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
I was successfully able to link mine and my wife's PR card application to my GC Key account but was unsuccessful to link my son's application. Is it because the Place of Birth in my son's COPR was blank and therefore the immigration officer did not put anything in that field for him while he filled in the PR application thus the database not being able to find my son's application?

I filled the Place of Birth section for my son exactly how its mentioned in the passport with comma included but still the system says "no application found". Would appreciate any guidance on this. Thanks.

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
For some reason they send a snail mail (physical post) request for children - in our case, we received a physical letter asking to resubmit our kid's photo 10 days after both my spouse and I received separate emails asking to resubmit our photos. If you don't hear anything from them in the next week it would be a good idea to call and check. All the best.
Thanks, I've asked my relatives (whose Canadian address I used) to keep an eye out for any such mail. I will also need to look through the forum on the contact number I need to use, for enquiries made from outside Canada.