+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Jamming

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Landed on the 26th March 2018 (Toronto), with my wife and 2 children. My wife received an email a few days ago requesting for new photographs, which i couriered off to the Card Processing Center in NS today. Not sure what the reason for rejection of the photograph was, as the PR cards for my son and I were approved today, and we had all photographs taken with the same studio who were extremely professional and knew what they were doing. It could be that the Photograph was damaged in the process.

My worry is that my daughter's application has still not been approved and shows as 'submitted', and I have not received an email on whether I need to resubmit photographs for her PR card.

Has anyone faced a similar issue as well?
I had a similar situation. I called CIC only to find out that my daughter’s profile had our address from back in Jamaica and an old email address. The agent told me they sent the request for new photos for my daughter to the old email address, if I didn’t call I would have waited for months and not gotten any update on her application status, because up to now nothing has changed , it just says Submitted. it’s best to call them to find out if there is any problem with your daughter application.

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
I landed on April 12. If my calculation is right, I probably buy a ticket around July ( which will be from the second week of July, starts from 8th). It is safe to order a ticket at that time. The most difficult thing is I don't know whether IRCC requires a photo or not.
Not safe!! I gave myself 3 extra weeks (enough time you would think) from when i thought i was going to get my PR card... Last week i got a letter saying i had to re submit my photos. I had to re book my trip and now I'm down $1000 because of it. So i don't recommend lol

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
I landed on April 12. If my calculation is right, I probably buy a ticket around July ( which will be from the second week of July, starts from 8th). It is safe to order a ticket at that time. The most difficult thing is I don't know whether IRCC requires a photo or not.
If they require new photos IRCC will email you in around 45 days from your application. That's the only correspondence you get from them after your application.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi there,

I see where you are coming from however, they do say as one of the specifications for the photos they have to have stamped date on the back and the address of where this photo was taken. Mine i know for sure didn't have this and i believe 100% this is why they were rejected. How does the person processing my card know when this photo was taken and where.... for all they know this isn't me and it could've been take 10 years ago so they have to reject it.

I should've paid more attention to the one she took from my 2 pictures i gave her :( oh well lesson learned!
My photo had all the relevant details stamped/handwritten at the back but it was still rejected :) An ex colleague of mine didn't have anything stamped or handwritten on the back of his photo, just like in your case, and he received his PR card in less than a month :) So I guess we can speculate endlessly why photos are rejected and still not come to a definite conclusion :)

Good luck to us. Hope all of us get our PR cards soon.

Reactions: Emily89

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Landed on the 26th March 2018 (Toronto), with my wife and 2 children. My wife received an email a few days ago requesting for new photographs, which i couriered off to the Card Processing Center in NS today. Not sure what the reason for rejection of the photograph was, as the PR cards for my son and I were approved today, and we had all photographs taken with the same studio who were extremely professional and knew what they were doing. It could be that the Photograph was damaged in the process.

My worry is that my daughter's application has still not been approved and shows as 'submitted', and I have not received an email on whether I need to resubmit photographs for her PR card.

Has anyone faced a similar issue as well?
For some reason they send a snail mail (physical post) request for children - in our case, we received a physical letter asking to resubmit our kid's photo 10 days after both my spouse and I received separate emails asking to resubmit our photos. If you don't hear anything from them in the next week it would be a good idea to call and check. All the best.

matwat4

Star Member
May 31, 2017
If they require new photos IRCC will email you in around 45 days from your application. That's the only correspondence you get from them after your application.
Yoo Baahubali, I respect your patience more than anything else. Just curious to know any progress with your case?

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Yoo Baahubali, I respect your patience more than anything else. Just curious to know any progress with your case?
No progress. I call them once a week to get the same answer "we do not have any info on your photos. If the photos are alright then you will get the card in mail. Cannot give a time frame."

striker87

Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
I landed at YYZ on April 7th. I know that my photo specs were okay and I had all the details stamped on the back. The only reason they could have (but I hope not) that the picture was taken at the time of Visa stamping (July 2017 in Abu Dhabo) so by the date of my landing in April 2018 the picture was more than 6 months old so unless that's a criteria??? I hope I should be fine.

Ypm32

Jan 5, 2018
Just adding my case here:
Landed: Jan 23
Photo request 1: March 7
Photo Delivered: March 12
Photo request 2: May 1
Photo Delivered: May 4

It seems that I will complete six months after landing and I will not have my PR card :(

Baahubali

May 18, 2017

It seems that I will complete six months after landing and I will not have my PR card :(
Dang... sorry to hear that. Looks like there are other ppl here like me who landed in Jan still waiting.

Reactions: Ypm32

global_citizen_1

Apr 30, 2018

This is sad, I hope no one else goes through this and this is your last month of waiting.

Do you know why they requested photos for a second time?

MDW

Apr 11, 2018
I landed at YYZ on April 7th. I know that my photo specs were okay and I had all the details stamped on the back. The only reason they could have (but I hope not) that the picture was taken at the time of Visa stamping (July 2017 in Abu Dhabo) so by the date of my landing in April 2018 the picture was more than 6 months old so unless that's a criteria??? I hope I should be fine.
If it is more than 6 months between the date of issue of the CoPR and the date of obtaining PR status, then they ask for new photos as obviously the photo is now more than 6 months old.