+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

krishraj

Dec 22, 2017
Statuses in myCIC mean nothing, it looks like they are random. Together with family, we landed on Oct 18. I already received mine PR card and two cards for my kids.
Status in our applications Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Final decision - Application approved.

For my wife, there was nothing (status in her application Review of additional documents: We don't need additional documents) I waited until 61 days passed (December 18) and I contacted CIC. Lady told me that there is no note about photos or whatever. She told me that she will send an email inquiry to the visa office. Because I do not trust them I also send the inquiry via IRCC webForm (they have 10 business days to respond). On December 20 staus in my wife application changed to Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. So far it stays the same. We did not receive photo request or the info about the card.
I hope they sort it out for your wife pretty soon man!

Reactions: Omidahomie

danton

Jun 6, 2017
I hope they sort it out for your wife pretty soon man!
Thanks. But I think that they have a huge mess there and nobody knows what is going on...
You cannot rely on your status in my CIC people get accepted despite the status. I have also read other post and people get photo request when Review of additional documents say: No needed, being reviewed or uploaded? It is crazy:)

krishraj

Dec 22, 2017
Thanks. But I think that they have a huge mess there and nobody knows what is going on...
You cannot rely on your status in my CIC people get accepted despite the status. I have also read other post and people get photo request when Review of additional documents say: No needed, being reviewed or uploaded? It is crazy:)
That's messed up.
For the most part, Canada has its immigration system (FSW, Express Entry, PR processed in 6 months etc) well sorted out. However, its systems are very outdated. I am saying this in comparison to the US's process.

For example, when my wife's passport was submitted to the Canada Visa Application Center(VAC) in India, they provided a tracking number. But it so useless because it tracks the passport from the VAC to the embassy only. Once it reaches the embassy for processing, there is complete radio silence. That's where it gets stuck for a while (months together). I had to contact the Consul General in India via Facebook and literally pester him to get the process going. He was kind enough to push it through because I provided proof of impending travel. Compare that to the US's visa processing system - it takes only 5-7 days from the day you submit the passport to the day you receive it back, and every step of it is trackable.

danton

Jun 6, 2017
That's messed up.
For the most part, Canada has its immigration system (FSW, Express Entry, PR processed in 6 months etc) well sorted out. However, its systems are very outdated. I am saying this in comparison to the US's process.

For example, when my wife's passport was submitted to the Canada Visa Application Center(VAC) in India, they provided a tracking number. But it so useless because it tracks the passport from the VAC to the embassy only. Once it reaches the embassy for processing, there is complete radio silence. That's where it gets stuck for a while (months together). I had to contact the Consul General in India via Facebook and literally pester him to get the process going. He was kind enough to push it through because I provided proof of impending travel. Compare that to the US's visa processing system - it takes only 5-7 days from the day you submit the passport to the day you receive it back, and every step of it is trackable.
Yes for my PR application it was organized pretty well. On the internet, I found description and timeline of the statuses that I should expect. I also think that production of the initial PR card should start right away after landing. Before I receive my COPR a need to send my photos and passport to the visa office. Then during the landing officer checked everything one more time. Now some other agents working on the PR card application question is why? What are they doing, what are they checking? This is stage is complete nonsense. We are officially PR. The PR card should be obtained in the place where you can get SIN number or driving license. The whole process of the initial PR card receiving is insane...

Reactions: RabinJi

krishraj

Dec 22, 2017
Yes for my PR application it was organized pretty well. On the internet, I found description and timeline of the statuses that I should expect. I also think that production of the initial PR card should start right away after landing. Before I receive my COPR a need to send my photos and passport to the visa office. Then during the landing officer checked everything one more time. Now some other agents working on the PR card application question is why? What are they doing, what are they checking? This is stage is complete nonsense. We are officially PR. The PR card should be obtained in the place where you can get SIN number or driving license. The whole process of the initial PR card receiving is insane...
I like your suggestion about getting the PR card at the SIN place. They should take the photos right there, so that there is no confusion about the photo being accepted or not.

anandgagrawal

Dec 20, 2017
Hi Folks,

Anyone who has got their PR Cards recently after photograph re-submit request?
Just need to know what is the time it takes after you get the resubmit request... off late... anyone?

Wishing all a happy Christmas ... and for some Christmas miracles, to get the PR Cards soon :)

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
You are lucky. Congrats! You will soon receive your cards in postal mail.
Hi,

How many days should it take to get the PR cards delivered once they are approved? My address is Brampton, ON in GTA. All of our three applications were approved on 19th Dec and status got updated in myCIC on 21st Dec.

BlueJays2017

Jan 11, 2017
I have resubmitted my photos on Nov 1., Processing center received it on Nov 3. and the status still shows additional documents are uploaded.

Whats latest date processed right now guys?

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
How long does it take to approve after document status has changed to “uploaded”? I have to travel and be back in a month so would be grateful for any estimate anyone has.

gill367

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CHD
NOC Code......
I have resubmitted my photos on Nov 1., Processing center received it on Nov 3. and the status still shows additional documents are uploaded.

Whats latest date processed right now guys?

I have resubmitted the photos on 9th Nov.
I called CIC and as per them.. photo request resubmitted queue currently have reached till 24th Oct.
So I have to wait for 3 more weeks and you may get within next two weeks.

Reactions: BlueJays2017

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
@RabinJi, any update on the PR card application of your family member?

Also, wanted to check if IRCC sends a separate e-mail confirming the dispatch of the PR cards once myCIC account shows they are approved? Only e-mails I got were with the subject “Your application (RXXXXXXX) has been updated.”

How many days should it generally take to get PR Cards delivered to our address? Ours is in Brampton, ON in GTA.

Thanks,

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
@RabinJi, any update on the PR card application of your family member?

Also, wanted to check if IRCC sends a separate e-mail confirming the dispatch of the PR cards once myCIC account shows they are approved? Only e-mails I got were with the subject “Your application (RXXXXXXX) has been updated.”

How many days should it generally take to get PR Cards delivered to our address? Ours is in Brampton, ON in GTA.

Thanks,
Still no updates for me,its been more than one week that my additional documents you have provided is being reviewed ansd
never went to approved.
You will get your PR card in 2-3 business days once it is approved.But due to the holiday it might takes little longer.I think cic will just send for primary applicants if any updates.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Rabin

Reactions: Mumbai_Indians