+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
I would strongly caution you. If there are any delays, additional photo request, strikes, etc you will not get it in time. General suggestion is to have at least 3 months in hand from the time you land and the planned trip date.

However, I am just stating the worst case scenario but everything is possible with CIC. Like it sadly happened to me.

Good luck and hope for the best!
+1

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
This may be an inappropriate place for this question but I am posting as many of you have landed. If you have landed in Ontario as FSW outland can you share how you got your driving license. Like-

1) Did you get an exchange license in Ontario?
2) What class?
3) How much time it took to come in your mailbox? etc etc

Thanks

dipens

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
This may be an inappropriate place for this question but I am posting as many of you have landed. If you have landed in Ontario as FSW outland can you share how you got your driving license. Like-

1) Did you get an exchange license in Ontario?
2) What class?
3) How much time it took to come in your mailbox? etc etc

Thanks
  1. It depends on your country of citizenship. Many countries have a program under which they are able to exchange your foreign license to Ontario license. If you don't belong to one of those countries, then you have to go through each step (i.e. G1, G2 and G)
  2. Again you start from G1 if no experience. If you have an experience letter from your home country, you can add that in your profile and you can skip G2 if you have enough experience.
  3. 4 weeks is the official processing time, but they give you a temporary paper licence which is valid until original license doesn't come to your mailbox.

dipens

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Received pr card today
one received in correct address and one in wrong address, but luckily we still got it.
Congratulations. Do you know when your application was approved? My timeline is just a couple of days behind you so I am expecting my card next week,

sasakaka

Jul 31, 2016
Congratulations. Do you know when your application was approved? My timeline is just a couple of days behind you so I am expecting my card next week,
Both my and my spouse's application were approved on 4 August and received pr cards on 11 August.

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
  1. It depends on your country of citizenship. Many countries have a program under which they are able to exchange your foreign license to Ontario license. If you don't belong to one of those countries, then you have to go through each step (i.e. G1, G2 and G)
  2. Again you start from G1 if no experience. If you have an experience letter from your home country, you can add that in your profile and you can skip G2 if you have enough experience.
  3. 4 weeks is the official processing time, but they give you a temporary paper licence which is valid until original license doesn't come to your mailbox.
Thanks. This helps.

fido_dido

Jul 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2016
Doc's Request.
November 2016
AOR Received.
April 2016
Med's Done....
December 2016
Passport Req..
5th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
11th January 2017
////re-posting again and awaiting experts reply //////

Here is my current situation and need support and help from experts please :)

1// I landed 15th of June 2017
2// yesterday , got a letter for myself only to re-submit photos again
3// Called CIC PR cards phone number ( being on hold for 41 minutes :) :) ) and the lady told me that I need to submit new photos also for my wife and son

The questions below :

1//I'm currently outside Canada to finish some work and will be back soon , so should I send these photos from inside Canada or from anywhere would be OK ?
2// How much time on average it will take to approve and send the PR cards after the new photos are submitted ?

Thanks all for your help and support :) :)

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Hi guys,

I don't know if anyone posted this same situation in the past (if someone did, sorry).

Our applications now have "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed" in the additional document status. We never sent any additional documents.

From your experience - or in your opinion - what does it mean? Maybe they are reviewing our photos? If our process sticks to the processing time, we will get our cards next week.

Did anyone experience the same situation?

Thanks!

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Hi guys,

I don't know if anyone posted this same situation in the past (if someone did, sorry).

Our applications now have "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed" in the additional document status. We never sent any additional documents.

From your experience - or in your opinion - what does it mean? Maybe they are reviewing our photos? If our process sticks to the processing time, we will get our cards next week.

Thanks!
It will remain like that forever I think. It shows the same for me even after decision is made. so nothing to worry.
I expect my card today ! landed on 10th June. Card approved on 3rd ( reflected approved on 5th Aug)

Reactions: JuCW

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Hi guys,

Thanks!

How will we know our PR card is approved or not? Is it through CIC account? When I landed I didn't put any application for PR card. Are we supposed to put an application for PR card after landing ? Am I missing something here?

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
How will we know our PR card is approved or not? Is it through CIC account? When I landed I didn't put any application for PR card. Are we supposed to put an application for PR card after landing ? Am I missing something here?
Don't worry. This application is created by IRCC. You can link it to your my CIC account through the link in your main page.

varuncbe123

May 24, 2015
Sure will update once I receive the cards.
Rest hope for the best.
Hello,

I am also on the same boat as you guys, I had got the photo request on July 10, and when I called up IRCC, they don't have an update on my file, also they don't have an update if they received my photos. The call centre agent said they are working on photo requests received on June 21.

Hope we get it soon. It has been 4 months since I did my landing.