+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Hi all,
Did anyone in the USA had a problem sending his/her passport to Canada with a return envelope from Fedex? I received my PPR email on July 25th and today I went to Fedex to send my passport, pictures and the other forms to the Ottowa address as provided in the PPR email. Fedex guys told me I had to create an account to send a document with a return shipment service. I created one and they entered all my information but printed only one-way shipping label (from the US to Canada - no return label). They couldn't figure out why the system didn't print a return label but said it was probably due to the customs issues. Did anyone have the same problem? I will try UPS on Monday.

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How to link pr card application..
i was landed in nigara falls on 3 june
Pls help pls
Go to your MyCIC account, inside there is a button called Link your application, click that on the next step choose Link PR card application and then fill UCI number, birth date and place of birth combo option, that's it.

anujm2000

Jan 15, 2017
Hi all,
Did anyone in the USA had a problem sending his/her passport to Canada with a return envelope from Fedex? I received my PPR email on July 25th and today I went to Fedex to send my passport, pictures and the other forms to the Ottowa address as provided in the PPR email. Fedex guys told me I had to create an account to send a document with a return shipment service. I created one and they entered all my information but printed only one-way shipping label (from the US to Canada - no return label). They couldn't figure out why the system didn't print a return label but said it was probably due to the customs issues. Did anyone have the same problem? I will try UPS on Monday.
Yes, I went through the same situation back in March. Fedex has some sort of limitation wherein they are unable to generate the barcode-enabled label for the Canada-US return shipment.
The workaround to that is to go old school and use an Airway Bill. Manually write down the sender (IRCC) and recipient (you) addresses, your fedex account number to be billed, and other details. Note the tracking number before filling in the form and attaching it with the return envelope. When IRCC sends the PPR and hands it over to Fedex Canada, they will use your account number to bill the shipment. The only drawback is that instead of a computer generated label, the address has to be written by hand. You can still track the shipment using the tracking number. Also be sure to include a customs form for the return envelope, else there'll be a delay at US customs.

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Yes, I went through the same situation back in March. Fedex has some sort of limitation wherein they are unable to generate the barcode-enabled label for the Canada-US return shipment.
The workaround to that is to go old school and use an Airway Bill. Manually write down the sender (IRCC) and recipient (you) addresses, your fedex account number to be billed, and other details. Note the tracking number before filling in the form and attaching it with the return envelope. When IRCC sends the PPR and hands it over to Fedex Canada, they will use your account number to bill the shipment. The only drawback is that instead of a computer generated label, the address has to be written by hand. You can still track the shipment using the tracking number. Also be sure to include a customs form for the return envelope, else there'll be a delay at US customs.

Thank you very much your response. Have you heard anything about UPS? Do they do old school as well? May I also learn your timeline? When did you sent your documents and when did you receive your visa? Thank you

anujm2000

Jan 15, 2017
I didn't approach UPS but have read on the forum about similar experience at UPS. My timeline:

PPR received: March 2
Passport send: March 6; Fedex International priority from Indianapolis to Ottawa
Received at Ottawa: March 7
Application Closed: March 9
Ghost email: March 10
Fedex Return tracker updated: March 11
Passport received: March 14

Reactions: babilon

duhra

Aug 2, 2016
I just linked my application it says received
But when I opened it
It's written that pr car is valid till 22,7,27 so what does it means that it was issued on 26

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
I did my landing on June 9th, linked my application with my CIC account, could not see any changes. Still showing "in Progress". Have you seen any changes to your account ??
My brother landed on 9th June, his status changed to approved on 4th August, 2017 and card expiry is coming as 31/07/2017. Mr brother and his daughter status has approved and his wife status is still submitted, he called on 1st august and was informed that new picture is required for his wife and after call, they sent him official email also and he sent the picture same day along with copy of email on the address mentioned in email.

I believe, he should get 2 approved cards by this week and no idea about the third card, as per people here in forum, seems it will take some time, many other persons are still waiting whose cards were not approved because of picture issue.

Anyone, who has picture issue, and has any update on his case? Please share details.

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
My brother landed on 9th June, his status changed to approved on 4th August, 2017 and card expiry is coming as 31/07/2017. Mr brother and his daughter status has approved and his wife status is still submitted, he called on 1st august and was informed that new picture is required for his wife and after call, they sent him official email also and he sent the picture same day along with copy of email on the address mentioned in email.

I believe, he should get 2 approved cards by this week and no idea about the third card, as per people here in forum, seems it will take some time, many other persons are still waiting whose cards were not approved because of picture issue.

Anyone, who has picture issue, and has any update on his case? Please share details.
I did.

Landed: June 5th, 2017
Picture issue email: Aug 2nd, 2017
New Pictures sent: Aug 3rd, 2017
Photos delivered: Aug 8th, 2017 @9.40 am
Expected to receive PR Card: Unknown

Anyone else? I know djmani got the request on July 10th and photos reached them on 14th and he/she is still waiting on it..

Last edited:

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
I did.

Landed: June 5th, 2017
Picture issue email: Aug 2nd, 2017
New Pictures sent: Aug 3rd, 2017
Expected delivery date: Aug 9th, 2017
Expected to receive PR Card: Unknown

Anyone else? I know djmani got the request on July 10th and photos reached them on 14th and he/she is still waiting on it..
Yup still no update.

I had earlier linked my family's PR card applications to Mycic account and it shows application in progress for all of us.

engage

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Quick question.

I landed on 13th June . I guess till Friday my status for additional document was "not required..." but today it changed to "additional documents are provided". However, I have never received any request for "additional documents". Did anyone see such changes in profile? Just Curious...

Thanks

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Yup still no update.

I had earlier linked my family's PR card applications to Mycic account and it shows application in progress for all of us.
So, looks like I will never get the card in 22 days (Aug 30th minus Aug 8th). Should I try flying back with my Work TRV (valid till 2019)? I don't have a Work Permit, but I do have my CoPR letter.

I resent the photos with an urgent process request letter and attached air tickets. Can't even find out if they'll process it urgently or not. :( Does anyone know on how to contact the CPC Sydney - PR Card office?