+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

pankajsoni

Star Member
Jan 8, 2019
For re-submission photo request, did anyone get their photos clicked and sent from their HOME COUNTRY?
Just trying to know if it is okay for people who did soft landing, to send photos from their home country?

pankajsoni

Star Member
Jan 8, 2019
Hi,

I am a new PR and landed in Canada on Jun 3, 2022. I received a letter on July 28, 2022 asking me to re-submit my photographs. I did so twice and I have proof that it has been delivered. However, when I raised a webform (again twice), I got a response saying my photos are still not on file. And ofcourse, you can't get through when you call their helpline number!

Has anyone faced a similar situation? What actions have you taken?

Is it better to submit a fresh paper application for PR card?

Thanks in advance!
IRCC has started processing photos received July 2022 (spoke to an IRCC official two days ago). You're very likely to get update in the next 7-10 days (assuming you sent photos in July itself)

kotian

Jul 9, 2021
COPR landed on - 4th March 2022
Photo resubmission- 19th April 2022
Still waiting for pr card, no updates yet.
Anyone on same boat, awaiting for first pr card?

Last edited:

nesog

Nov 2, 2022
COPR landed on - 4th March 2022
Photo resubmission- 19th April 2022
Still waiting for pr card, no updates yet.
Anyone on same boat, awaiting for first pr card?
Hi, I talked with IRCC today. They said that they opened 23 June envelopes. Therefore your pr card should have came. Did you check your photo resubmission letter, is your address correct?

Reactions: paneka penalty

nesog

Nov 2, 2022
IRCC has started processing photos received July 2022 (spoke to an IRCC official two days ago). You're very likely to get update in the next 7-10 days (assuming you sent photos in July itself)
Hi, I talked with IRCC today. They said that they opened 23 June envelopes. By the way I had talked with them 10 days ago as well. They said again June 23. Everyone gives a different date. Like a joke..

paneka penalty

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Hi, I talked with IRCC today. They said that they opened 23 June envelopes. By the way I had talked with them 10 days ago as well. They said again June 23. Everyone gives a different date. Like a joke..
At what time did you call them ? They are almost always unreachable for me.

kotian

Jul 9, 2021
Hi, I talked with IRCC today. They said that they opened 23 June envelopes. Therefore your pr card should have came. Did you check your photo resubmission letter, is your address correct?
I validated address everything seems to be good, and actually card was in printing queue 2 months back Aug 15th, 2022. There was some technical error while printing. Hence it went back in queue again for re printing. Not sure when will be the next date for re-printing.

truemad

Jan 27, 2019
Hello.

My parents landed on September 3rd. The PR card for my father came in the first week of November, but my mother's PR card still can't be seen.
How is it possible that two people landing together are not getting their cards together?
How do I know the status of the card?

Thank you.

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Hello.

My parents landed on September 3rd. The PR card for my father came in the first week of November, but my mother's PR card still can't be seen.
How is it possible that two people landing together are not getting their cards together?

Thank you.
Go to cic.gc.ca and under My application link pr card application (different from pr application) by searching using UCI and other details which could be found in the copr.
Other way to search is to track pr card status (for this search the official page on canada.ca where it shows generic processing days estimate and status tracking is somewhere there). Using similar details as mentioned above, if the application is under process you can get the status.

truemad

Jan 27, 2019
Go to cic.gc.ca and under My application link pr card application (different from pr application) by searching using UCI and other details which could be found in the copr.
Other way to search is to track pr card status (for this search the official page on canada.ca where it shows generic processing days estimate and status tracking is somewhere there). Using similar details as mentioned above, if the application is under process you can get the status.
Thanks for your reply, I tried both options:
1. For check application status it only shows the permanent residence application, even though I select PR card at the first step/
.2. In my online account, when trying to add the "pr card application" it shows an error.

Maybe thats only for standalone applications (to renew the card)....

I was successfully able to link both PR card applications for my father and my mother, thank you so much!

For some reason, it didn't occur to me that a PR card is technically a separate application.

It still bugs me that they didn't get the cards together...

Again thank you, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: BienCanada

paneka penalty

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Hello.

Thank you.
Link the PR card application to GC key.

niravn

Nov 24, 2022
Anyone got an update on which month's photo resubmissions they're processing? I think I saw June 23rd as the last a couple of days ago.