Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
First Landing on July 23 and waiting for my first PR card.
Got a Ghost update on Sep 16. Does it means that it has been approved or photo resubmission ?

Blah!

Jul 29, 2021
I was able to link it. Check your passport (Mine is Indian) Enter the place of birth as "CITY STATE" . For example: MUMBAI MAHARASHTRA
Thanks for your reply! I was able to link my PR Card application few weeks back. On 14th Sept, received an update saying they have mailed it.

And yes, Place of Birth is the culprit most of the times for not being able to link the application. I had to use all permutation combination for it to link.

ShaJab

Aug 6, 2020
Novice question, how do you link your PR application with GCKey?

I landed on July 23rd and was told by the CBSA that my PR card has been applied and will arrive at my address sometime. Still waiting....

*** Edited ****

Found the answer online and positing it here

How to link my PR Card application to MyCIC account

Follow the below steps only after you have landed. It gives only five attempts in one day.

1) log in to the CIC account.
2) Go to the “Link an existing application to this account” section. Click on the “Link application to this account” button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select “Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name.”
5) Fill in required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide the landing date in “Date you became a permanent resident.”
7) Click on search for my application.
8) after the application is searched, make sure you submit the application else not linked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alina2222

maninder30

Oct 10, 2022
we came to India for a family medical emergency , and applied for PRTD 8 august
but we didn’t received any response yet now we are in a critical situation, does anybody know about the processing time of the same and please help us

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
I had raised a webform a month ago enquiring my dependents' PR card status. While my PR card got approved and it was mailed to me within a week of approval, there has been no change in the application status for my dependents.

I just received a response from IRCC saying that they need an address to issue the PR cards for my dependents. Apparently, the address was missing on my dependents' PR card applications even though we had provided the same address for all 3 of us during our first landing.

Has anyone else come across such incident before? Any idea how much additional time it would require to receive the PR cards for dependents?

LKAV

Oct 21, 2022
Hi,

I am a new PR and landed in Canada on Jun 3, 2022. I received a letter on July 28, 2022 asking me to re-submit my photographs. I did so twice and I have proof that it has been delivered. However, when I raised a webform (again twice), I got a response saying my photos are still not on file. And ofcourse, you can't get through when you call their helpline number!

Has anyone faced a similar situation? What actions have you taken?

Is it better to submit a fresh paper application for PR card?

Thanks in advance!

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
Hi,

I am a new PR and landed in Canada on Jun 3, 2022. I received a letter on July 28, 2022 asking me to re-submit my photographs. I did so twice and I have proof that it has been delivered. However, when I raised a webform (again twice), I got a response saying my photos are still not on file. And ofcourse, you can't get through when you call their helpline number!

Has anyone faced a similar situation? What actions have you taken?

Is it better to submit a fresh paper application for PR card?

Thanks in advance!
What's the process to submit paper application for PR card?