+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Thank you for the reply. However, he will be entering Canada using his COPR. Once he does that, I'm sure they will begin the process of having the PR card printed and mailed to him. However, if he leaves the country without the PR card, won't the COPR be invalid at that point? Would it be possible to have the PR card mailed to my address and then I can mail it to him in Zambia in the case that he has to leave before it arrives?
Yes they begin the process from the very first day when your friend lands in canada. You can give your address as well and can mail to him later.
Though I discourage the mail option, better option is to give someone who is going to zambia and must be in your known or request for the document to enter back.

FrustratedPRApplicant

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
Yes they begin the process from the very first day when your friend lands in canada. You can give your address as well and can mail to him later.
Though I discourage the mail option, better option is to give someone who is going to zambia and must be in your known or request for the document to enter back.
Right, I may have to mail it to him since I don't have anyone going there anytime soon. Based on what you said, it is possible to request a PRTD from Zambia, even if the physical card has been issued and mailed to me for example correct? He will be able to enter Canada using the PRTD and then I can just hand him the PR card.

Last edited:

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Right, I may have to mail it to him since I don't have anyone going there anytime soon. Based on what you said, it is possible to request a PRTD from Zambia, even if the physical card has been issued and mailed to me for example correct? He will be able to enter Canada using the PRTD and then I can just hand him the PR card.
This I am unsure.

wisemanca

Mar 2, 2020
Just got a notification that my PR card was mailed today :)
ECOPR Feb 4th, uploaded photo and confirmed address on the 5th.
VO Ottawa

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone!

I linked my PR card application to my account last friday, almost one month after my photos were submitted.

Right after I successfully linked it, my profile was showing an ´´update`` on my profile (PR card application).....Should I consider it a GHOST UPDATE? Or it is normal to have it after u link the account to PR application?

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Hi everyone!

I linked my PR card application to my account last friday, almost one month after my photos were submitted.

Right after I successfully linked it, my profile was showing an ´´update`` on my profile (PR card application).....Should I consider it a GHOST UPDATE? Or it is normal to have it after u link the account to PR application?

Bump