+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Yes we called IRCC and they said if you not received early then it will take 4 to 6 months to process the card application.
Okay, but did you check with agent on what stage is the application at? They do inform about how is the file looking like, if there are any red flags ( eg. Photo specification is not correct)

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Okay, but did you check with agent on what stage is the application at? They do inform about how is the file looking like, if there are any red flags ( eg. Photo specification is not correct)
They just said its in progress. we will call again.

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Any update on pr card?
Yesterday we dropped an email to the same email id from which we got the confirmation of our PR application to request for the updated on the PR Card.

Post lunch, we got the GU on the card application. Not sure what's this mean but raised our hope for sure.

Others did the same and got GU or email from them about status or both. then in a week there status changed to approved at least for most.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blah!

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Yesterday we dropped an email to the same email id from which we got the confirmation of our PR application to request for the updated on the PR Card.

Post lunch, we got the GU on the card application. Not sure what's this mean but raised our hope for sure.

Others did the same and got GU or email from them about status or both. then in a week there status changed to approved at least for most.
Seems you are inland candidate. What email id you are talking about here? Can you share?

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Seems you are inland candidate. What email id you are talking about here? Can you share?

I am the inland applicant and already received my PR card. This is for my spouse's first PR Card. she is an outland and landed on COPR on Dec 24.

We got the PR confirmation from this office IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and we used this to check for the update

Please check my signature for detailed timelines

Reactions: Blah! and CNP

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
We have linked our PR card application in the my cic portal.
Yeah, get that. You mentioned however that you sent an email post which there was gu. Wondering for what purpose did you send the email. Sorry if am missing or misunderstanding something

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Yeah, get that. You mentioned however that you sent an email post which there was gu. Wondering for what purpose did you send the email. Sorry if am missing or misunderstanding something
Its been more than 80 days for the PR Card Application and no update so far. so we dropped an email to request them to share the current status of the PR Card.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Its been more than 80 days for the PR Card Application and no update so far. so we dropped an email to request them to share the current status of the PR Card.
Yes, and that was for dependent outland applicant, right? And hence my question, earlier Do they provide pr card update for Outland candidates as well ?

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hi @CNP and others, is there a requirement that a PR card application needs to be filed explicitly? I did a soft landing via Peace Arch in Dec 2021 and I was told that I'd be getting the PR card in about a month.

Is the general guidance to apply externally or to contact IRCC? It's been more than 3 months now, so I'm beginning to get worried.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi @CNP and others, is there a requirement that a PR card application needs to be filed explicitly? I did a soft landing via Peace Arch in Dec 2021 and I was told that I'd be getting the PR card in about a month.

Is the general guidance to apply externally or to contact IRCC? It's been more than 3 months now, so I'm beginning to get worried.
No, you dont have to explicitly apply for PR card. I hope the border officer retained your CoPR copy with photo.

Did you provide address for PR card delivery ? Also did you link PR card application to GCkey ?