+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
No, you dont have to explicitly apply for PR card. I hope the border officer retained your CoPR copy with photo.

Did you provide address for PR card delivery ? Also did you link PR card application to GCkey ?
Thank you for responding back and clarifying.

Yes, the border officer did collect a copy of the CoPR with the photo. In the process, I did provide an Alberta address (out of BC) and I was told I'd receive the card in about 6 weeks.

Sorry, do I have to link the PR card application to GCKey? I'm not sure how/who'd initiate the PR card application, hence my first question if I had to explicitly apply for the PR card.

Pr22@

Jan 5, 2022
I landed in 23 December 2021 and not received my PR card I called the agent he told me your Application is in production and I don’t know how long will take to receive my PR card . And also I link my application with GC account .

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
I landed in 23 December 2021 and not received my PR card I called the agent he told me your Application is in production and I don’t know how long will take to receive my PR card . And also I link my application with GC account .
I am also in the same boat for my spouse's PR card.

nike123

May 30, 2021
Hi guys. Quick question, is the addition of address on where to mail PR Card done online or at the immigration upon landing? I plan to nominate the address to a friend as I am just doing soft landing. Thank you for answering. :)

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Hi guys. Quick question, is the addition of address on where to mail PR Card done online or at the immigration upon landing? I plan to nominate the address to a friend as I am just doing soft landing. Thank you for answering. :)
At the time of immigration upon landing. and welcome!

FrustratedPRApplicant

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
Hi All,

I have a friend coming in from Zambia next week since he received his COPR. However, he will only be staying in Canada for a month initially before he has to return back home for personal reasons. He is a little concerned that he may not receive the PR card in the mail in time. What options does he have to get around this situation?

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
Hi All,

I have a friend coming in from Zambia next week since he received his COPR. However, he will only be staying in Canada for a month initially before he has to return back home for personal reasons. He is a little concerned that he may not receive the PR card in the mail in time. What options does he have to get around this situation?
No worries, whenever your friend wants to come back to canada, there is a process which they called a PRTD document.
Refer this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html

One can request this doc from any country with valid COPR or eCOPR

Singhdeep04

Mar 30, 2022
Hi, I received my Ecopr on 27 October 2021 and i was asked for the picture again in November end while address was verified. I submitted the picture again. But now i am waiting since then. Is there any way to know when i will receive the card.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Reactions: Blah!

FrustratedPRApplicant

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
No worries, whenever your friend wants to come back to canada, there is a process which they called a PRTD document.
Refer this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html

One can request this doc from any country with valid COPR or eCOPR
Thank you for the reply. However, he will be entering Canada using his COPR. Once he does that, I'm sure they will begin the process of having the PR card printed and mailed to him. However, if he leaves the country without the PR card, won't the COPR be invalid at that point? Would it be possible to have the PR card mailed to my address and then I can mail it to him in Zambia in the case that he has to leave before it arrives?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Did you get any update on gckey when card was sent to production?