+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Hats.nads

Oct 16, 2020
21th first and 26th second. These two GU shouldn’t have large gap because the first one is approved and sent for production and the second is dispatched
I got a ghost update on 20th October and till now nothing. So I doubt ghost update means card are send for production. Infact I raised a webform and to my surprise I got a reply that my new photo has not yet been entered into the system. I don't know what does ghost update actually mean.

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
I got a ghost update on 20th October and till now nothing. So I doubt ghost update means card are send for production. Infact I raised a webform and to my surprise I got a reply that my new photo has not yet been entered into the system. I don't know what does ghost update actually mean.
Did you raise a webform before the 20th or after that? Cos they take a while to reply to webform. It could be that the response you got was from a webform u raised before you got the ghost update . Even if ur webform response was received after the 20th, it may be the response for the date at which the webform was raised

Hats.nads

Oct 16, 2020
Did you raise a webform before the 20th or after that? Cos they take a while to reply to webform. It could be that the response you got was from a webform u raised before you got the ghost update . Even if ur webform response was received after the 20th, it may be the response for the date at which the webform was raised
Hi, I raised the webform before the 20th October and the reply I got was on the 26th October. And till today no update, it still say the same " We are processing your request and will message you if we need further information " waiting since 15th July and its frustrating as I have to reach Canada in November to start my job. VFS in uae keeps changing PRTD requirements now they have asked 2 more forms to be submitted. Its getting really frustrating.

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Hi, I raised the webform before the 20th October and the reply I got was on the 26th October. And till today no update, it still say the same " We are processing your request and will message you if we need further information " waiting since 15th July and its frustrating as I have to reach Canada in November to start my job. VFS in uae keeps changing PRTD requirements now they have asked 2 more forms to be submitted. Its getting really frustrating.
Ouch that sucks! I hope you are able to figure it out in time. My PRTD application was smooth here in the USA. I did not worry much since I received my passport back in time with the visa. The good thing is I was given multiple entries, so I did not stress much again for PR card since I can still use the PRTD. Can u try flying to the USA if u have a USA visa and then drive to Canada with your COPR?

Hats.nads

Oct 16, 2020
Ouch that sucks! I hope you are able to figure it out in time. My PRTD application was smooth here in the USA. I did not worry much since I received my passport back in time with the visa. The good thing is I was given multiple entries, so I did not stress much again for PR card since I can still use the PRTD. Can u try flying to the USA if u have a USA visa and then drive to Canada with your COPR?
I tried applying for the US visa but the date available for the interview is only next month which is also not helping. I think all the odds are working against me. I hope I'm able to get PRTD i will be applying next week. Since I went today to submit they have asked to provide travel history of last 5 years and Supplementary Family Information, dont know what's its all for but the application can't be submitted without this form. I just hope I make it on time .

ShivaOm

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
It's frustrating, but at the same time, at least we all have PR. Canada doesn't owe us anything. We made the decision to move here. If getting a card takes longer than expected, then so it is. I'm grateful to be here.