+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR existing work permit expires in July ..

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
There currently is no bridging program as all she has done is submitted her application. It has yet to be reviewed or approved.

The employer has to post the job on official job sites for at least a month. Assume the employer has set up a business registration number with CRA to handle payroll and deductions. The employer must offer full-time wage that is the average salary for the region and meet LICO and have an annual income to support a full-time nanny. With that the employer can apply for a LMIA.
Looks like change status to visitor it’s her most liable option , maybe sell art , jewelry stuff online, she lives with me , so rent won’t be an issue .

hoping they open a bridge to allow them to keep working would be ideal

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Looks like change status to visitor it’s her most liable option , maybe sell art , jewelry stuff online, she lives with me , so rent won’t be an issue .

She can’t have Canadian clients or sell within Canada, as that is considered work.

Reactions: YVR123

Cherem

Mar 27, 2021

I'm in the same situation with a Working Holiday Visa expiring in June. I applied to the new TR to PR program as an French Speaker, Essential Worker.

Just for your information, it is still unclear if we will remain eligible to the program with a visitor status. IRCC didn't clearly communicate about it and the guide is extremely ambiguous regarding this.
There are rumors about a Bridging-like Work Permit but nothing official yet (+ some sources are saying there won't be any).

The safest solution is to apply for a new work permit if you can find a company willing to do it.

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
I'm in the same situation with a Working Holiday Visa expiring in June. I applied to the new TR to PR program as an French Speaker, Essential Worker.

Just for your information, it is still unclear if we will remain eligible to the program with a visitor status. IRCC didn't clearly communicate about it and the guide is extremely ambiguous regarding this.
There are rumors about a Bridging-like Work Permit but nothing official yet (+ some sources are saying there won't be any).

The safest solution is to apply for a new work permit if you can find a company willing to do it.
It’s for my niece and she is on her second year working holiday visa .. as an American they can only extended twice. Someone told her to go a nanny visa to buy time .. but I heard it’s also a long process.

when does your work permit expires ?

im sure a lot of working holiday holders status will expire before they get a final answer .. I could be wrong