+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR existing work permit expires in July ..

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
What would happen to applicants who’s current work permit expires in the next two months? My niece work permit expires in July.

The program requires to be employed to qualify.

anyone in a similar situation?

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
Look for new public policy for pgwp extension announced by Immigration
My niece is applying as essential worker , she is currently on a working holiday visa .. she was never student in Canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My niece is applying as essential worker , she is currently on a working holiday visa .. she was never student in Canada
So if she qualified under the new program and applied, then she waits. She has to change her status to visitor when her IEC expires and stop working. Unless she can apply for another working visa but those take a long time to process.

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
This is her second year on a working holiday visa , so she can’t apply for another one or even extend her current one ,

she was told as an option if she can find work as a nanny and continue working so she remains employed.

I don’t believe nanny’s are on the essential lists.

Wasn’t a requirement to be employed while they process her application ? Or it was at the time she applied ?

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is her second year on a working holiday visa , so she can’t apply for another one or even extend her current one ,

she was told as an option if she can find work as a nanny and continue working so she remains employed.

I don’t believe nanny’s are on the essential lists.

Wasn’t a requirement to be employed while they process her application ? Or it was at the time she applied ?

Thank you
If she is on a visa now and applied, she should be ok. A nanny position requires a LMIA from the employer and a closed work permit.

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
If she is on a visa now and applied, she should be ok. A nanny position requires a LMIA from the employer and a closed work permit.
That was advised so she won’t loose status in Canadá , should she just wait and hopefully they process her application or go thru the nanny route while her TP to PR gets process ?

Any word on a bridge program for those who’s current work permit expires before they get a full approval ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That was advised so she won’t loose status in Canadá , should she just wait and hopefully they process her application or go thru the nanny route while her TP to PR gets process ?

Any word on a bridge program for those who’s current work permit expires before they get a full approval ?
Does she already have an employer for a nanny role and has that employer obtained an approved LMIA already?

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
Does she already have an employer for a nanny role and has that employer obtained an approved LMIA already?
Her current working holiday visa expires in July. She it’s on her second year so she can’t extend anymore.

She does have a potential employer but she hasn’t apply for the LMIA just yet.

but reading your previous comments , the fact that she was employed and it’s currently working should be enough to protect her until her application gets approve ? She was just afraid to be on a expired work permit ( not working ) and that could disqualify for the TR to PR program. I’m sure she could change to a visitor permit so her legal status remains.

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
Look for new public policy for pgwp extension announced by Immigration
On the PGWP extension , doesn’t have essential workers option ... it’s for students mainly

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Her current working holiday visa expires in July. She it’s on her second year so she can’t extend anymore.

She does have a potential employer but she hasn’t apply for the LMIA just yet.

but reading your previous comments , the fact that she was employed and it’s currently working should be enough to protect her until her application gets approve ? She was just afraid to be on a expired work permit ( not working ) and that could disqualify for the TR to PR program. I’m sure she could change to a visitor permit so her legal status remains.
The PR application does NOT give her implied status.

She will fall out of status in Canada if she does nothing. She definitely wants to avoid this happening.

IMO you are way short on time for the nanny thing to happen before her work permit expires.

She should apply to change her status to Visitor. She will need to stop working as soon as her IEC expires.

If her nanny employer manages to get an approved LMIA later, she can then apply for a work permit again.

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
The PR application does NOT give her implied status.

She will fall out of status in Canada if she does nothing. She definitely wants to avoid this happening.

IMO you are way short on time for the nanny thing to happen before her work permit expires.

She should apply to change her status to Visitor. She will need to stop working as soon as her IEC expires.

If her nanny employer manages to get an approved LMIA later, she can then apply for a work permit again.
Can she change from IEC to visitor( I know she can)

then from visitor to nanny within Canadá ?

We are aware that she must do something at the end of her IEC .. we were trying to be proactive so she doesn’t loss status either way

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can she change from IEC to visitor( I know she can)

then from visitor to nanny within Canadá ?

We are aware that she must do something at the end of her IEC .. we were trying to be proactive so she doesn’t loss status either way
She can change her status to visitor and stops working. Has her employer even started the LMIA process by first advertising the nanny position and prove no Canadian or PR could be hired. The employer then pays $1000 and files the LMIA which will take many months to process. Then if positive, she applies for a closed work permit. Again more months of processing.

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
She
She can change her status to visitor and stops working. Has her employer even started the LMIA process by first advertising the nanny position and prove no Canadian or PR could be hired. The employer then pays $1000 and files the LMIA which will take many months to process. Then if positive, she applies for a closed work permit. Again more months of processing.
The potential employer spoke to her in the last few days , my niece talked to her as she knew there was a potential gap on employment .. she is fully aware that her TR to PR wasn’t going to be approved soon enough.

the potential employer has not request or publish the nanny job just yet.

it looks like she will need to change status to visitor, and wait either for the nanny thing .. or hopefully immigration approves her TR to PR or if they come out with some sort of bridge to let them work while application is in process.

have you read / heard something like that ? Allow them to work while application is in process ? I’m sure my niece is not the only one that the work permit expires soon

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She

The potential employer spoke to her in the last few days , my niece talked to her as she knew there was a potential gap on employment .. she is fully aware that her TR to PR wasn’t going to be approved soon enough.

the potential employer has not request or publish the nanny job just yet.

it looks like she will need to change status to visitor, and wait either for the nanny thing .. or hopefully immigration approves her TR to PR or if they come out with some sort of bridge to let them work while application is in process.

have you read / heard something like that ? Allow them to work while application is in process ? I’m sure my niece is not the only one that the work permit expires soon
There currently is no bridging program as all she has done is submitted her application. It has yet to be reviewed or approved.

The employer has to post the job on official job sites for at least a month. Assume the employer has set up a business registration number with CRA to handle payroll and deductions. The employer must offer full-time wage that is the average salary for the region and meet LICO and have an annual income to support a full-time nanny. With that the employer can apply for a LMIA.