16-06-2013
Sumonaney said:
my understanding this Bill can be amend by end of 2017
All guess work!!!

Montreal101

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
vivek901 said:
I do not understand this, why everyone is so worried about this rule. What difference does it make if it takes 3 years or 4 years. I just applied for my wife just now after 4 years. She could have applied last year if the rules had not changed. But I think this 1 year delay did not make any difference to us. I dont understand why people need to get so crazy...at the end of the day it is just 1 year. I think its not a big deal to ask for. I think people who are in Canada for good will not care. Only ones who will care are people who want Canadian passport (Citizens of convenience)..and want to run out of Canada.
Pls. don't have a narrow view, it is not 1 year delay and it is not that simple like in my situation i'm PR-refugee bill c-24 affected me in 2 years delay instead of applying in 2017 i need to wait till 2019, also do you know how does it feel when you can not see your family and your ill parents who can not travel and wish you will be able to see them one last time before any of them would pass away, so it is not as simple as you drafted

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
vivek901 said:
I do not understand this, why everyone is so worried about this rule. What difference does it make if it takes 3 years or 4 years. I just applied for my wife just now after 4 years. She could have applied last year if the rules had not changed. But I think this 1 year delay did not make any difference to us. I dont understand why people need to get so crazy...at the end of the day it is just 1 year. I think its not a big deal to ask for. I think people who are in Canada for good will not care. Only ones who will care are people who want Canadian passport (Citizens of convenience)..and want to run out of Canada.
I'm just new on here but, like other recent PRs (landed prior to Bill C-24's passage) who were adversely affected by the Harper Government's & the then-Senate's seemingly deliberate unkindnesses in pointedly choosing not to make any 'grandfathering-in' provision in Bill C-24 for then-current PRs, like all so affected by being made to feel suddenly as though the goalposts were changed overnight, and could presumably at any future time as well, without any consideration being shown for our cohort whatsoever, then with this group of individuals I do stand in solidarity, against the sheer ignorance of posts like this one quoted above.

The gentleman's wife is almost certainly having a vastly different experience of coming to Canada than those of us, like myself, who've come here solo, without any family or friends or support network whatsoever, and who are involved in daily struggles to find our footing here, to survive even.

I myself have, as a non-citizen, so far been cheated by no less than four (4) separate Canadian employers, and was nearly killed in an industrial accident which went unreported, having been put in harm's way by a foreman who couldn't care less about newcomers. So it is, mon cher Monsieur, struggling newcomers like myself, who are entirely without the kind of insulating support network that is presumably being enjoyed by your wife, it's people like me who have every bloody right under natural justice to be angry that Bill C-24 froze us out in an apparently deliberate act.

Anyhow, I can at least wish you and your wife a Happy Christmas.

For those other nearly exhausted/exasperated C-24-affected PRs like myself, who are anxiously following Bill C-6's progress in the Senate, I have it on good authority that all is not lost, and that C-6 should be going to committee before the Christmas break. Keep your chins up and keep struggling; in the end it'll be worth it.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
I do not have very good idea how any bill pass as per Canadian law

But my thinking was, if PM wants to pass any bill He ( Justin T ) can do by his own power. ( in my country happen like this because PM have special power )

Also if any senate member wants not to pass this bill then why Justin T replace her to new person so that this bill can pass easily

I just write what ever I understand.

If i am wrong please correct me.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Hamid khan said:
But my thinking was, if PM wants to pass any bill He ( Justin T ) can do by his own power. ( in my country happen like this because PM have special power )

If i am wrong please correct me.
You would be wrong here. It is not that simple. The PM in this country does not have that kind of power.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Montreal101 said:
Yes, and today it is the 5th on the paper order
If I understand Senate procedural rules correctly, then each senator who adjourns debate of Bill C-6 in order to speak to it then has the next fifteen (15) Senate sitting days to prepare his/her speech before he/she has to give it, according to the Senate's rules, is this an accurate understanding? So we could in fact be witnessing a co-ordinated Conservative Caucus effort here to stall things on C-6's progress through the Senate for as long as possible at every stage, yes/no?

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ChippyBoy said:
If I understand Senate procedural rules correctly, then each senator who adjourns debate of Bill C-6 in order to speak to it then has the next fifteen (15) Senate sitting days to prepare his/her speech before he/she has to give it, according to the Senate's rules, is this an accurate understanding? So we could in fact be witnessing a co-ordinated Conservative Caucus effort here to stall things on C-6's progress through the Senate for as long as possible at every stage, yes/no?
If it was the case it would be denounced by the Liberals and they wouldn't waste that effort on a minor Bill like C-6.

Anvatrix

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Man, I will celebrate hard once the Liberals make this Bill C-6 a law!!!! Just wonder how long will it take them to do so! Sick and tired of these conservative senators.

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Need help on understanding....I came aug 2013 untill today out of canada in total 2 months. If i use current calculator it says i will be eligible in Oct/Nov 2017. But i am not sure about when i will be eligible to file application ? After i file my income tax of 2017...? so in march 2018 ?

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
The online calculator is the most reliable tool you can have and that's what case officers use
You will be eligible by the date provided on the calculator not before

manan.parikh

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Doc's Request.
02-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Was the bill discussed today? Or skipped again? Couldn't listen to the Webcast :(

sab_217

Oct 28, 2009
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
11 NOV 2011
Med's Request
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
15 july
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26 july
VISA ISSUED...
8/Aug/2013
LANDED..........
At least each of us can call our local MP

FIND YOUR MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT USING YOUR POSTAL CODE

http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Schedule for CIMM meeting :
http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/View/Month/20161201/-1

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sab_217 said:
At least each of us can call our local MP

FIND YOUR MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT USING YOUR POSTAL CODE

http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Schedule for CIMM meeting :
http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/View/Month/20161201/-1

MPs wont have any impact but senator would have, so you have to call your Senators.

On sidenote, I discussed this with Minister John last night and he said he is working with senators to get this passed. He hope that Senate will discuss it before Christmas however the chances are low. He didn't seem so hopeful about the timelines.