+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toward Understanding Bill C-6 to Amend Citizenship Act; new 3/5 rule plus

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
subha_1962 said:
How long can they keep the bill in senate legally without doing anything (passing or failing)? Have they done this in the past?
Unfortunately the answer is indefinitely. Bills to prevent animal cruelty, for instance, have gone to the Senate dozens of times over the decades and have died on the Order paper.

amitshipra

Apr 28, 2016
Its disgusting actually. Politician is a Politician Trudeau...Trump...they are all same. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:. Some has better mannerism than others but in actions - they are all same.

I am pretty sure this will make steady progress (or at least pretend to) as soon as next year elections come. It's a good propoganda for elections at least. Sigh!! :-X :-X :-X :-X

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
amitshipra said:
Its disgusting actually. Politician is a Politician Trudeau...Trump...they are all same. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:. Some has better mannerism than others but in actions - they are all same.

I am pretty sure this will make steady progress (or at least pretend to) as soon as next year elections come. It's a good propoganda for elections at least. Sigh!! :-X :-X :-X :-X
General public is so stupid that they follow them blindly. It's our fault only that we elect them.

amitshipra

Apr 28, 2016
Well the alternative was similarly bad. Choose between lesser of two evils.

Problem is that these guys turned out to be worse than conservatives as they showed the false hope - which is torture.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amitshipra said:
Well the alternative was similarly bad. Choose between lesser of two evils.

Problem is that these guys turned out to be worse than conservatives as they showed the false hope - which is torture.
Yes, showing false hope is much worse. Atleast conservatives did what they said.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Sumonaney said:
my understanding this Bill can be amend by end of 2017
"Can be " and "will be " are two different things... in theory it can be amended any time even next Monday , but we all know that won't happen

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
amitshipra said:

Oh Wow!! ... I didn't realize till you posted it, that the first 3 letters in the last names of Trudeau and Trump are identical!! :eek:

vivek901

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
App. Filed.......
28-01-2002
Doc's Request.
19-11-2007
Med's Request
14-04-2008
Med's Done....
24-05-2008
Passport Req..
21-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2009
I do not understand this, why everyone is so worried about this rule. What difference does it make if it takes 3 years or 4 years. I just applied for my wife just now after 4 years. She could have applied last year if the rules had not changed. But I think this 1 year delay did not make any difference to us. I dont understand why people need to get so crazy...at the end of the day it is just 1 year. I think its not a big deal to ask for. I think people who are in Canada for good will not care. Only ones who will care are people who want Canadian passport (Citizens of convenience)..and want to run out of Canada.

nsapp

Star Member
Aug 28, 2013
Different people are in different situations and this could give a lot of greif to certain people in specific situations. Now if you really want to understand those specific situation then read all of the forums related to c-6 and you will come to know.

vivek901 said:
I do not understand this, why everyone is so worried about this rule. What difference does it make if it takes 3 years or 4 years. I just applied for my wife just now after 4 years. She could have applied last year if the rules had not changed. But I think this 1 year delay did not make any difference to us. I dont understand why people need to get so crazy...at the end of the day it is just 1 year. I think its not a big deal to ask for. I think people who are in Canada for good will not care. Only ones who will care are people who want Canadian passport (Citizens of convenience)..and want to run out of Canada.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
vivek901 said:
Why is having children very important for some people but some people don't want them at all?
Why do people get married if they already live together and what difference does it make to have that extra piece of paper?
Who do some people always save a portion of what they earn and some others always spend them all no matter how much they make?
Everybody's life is different and has different priorities and situations, just because something is not a big deal to you doesn't automatically mean it is not a big deal to everybody else