+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TOURIST VISA TIMELINE FROM KARACHI, PAKISTAN 2018-19

nmatter

May 12, 2019
Well the forum is full of evidences and surprises if you go through and do a 1 to 1 comparison you will get an answer to that.

The processing time is mentioned on cic website for many countries is less than 15 days where as in last 2 years this was never less then 30 days for Pakistan and now it’s 57 days.

I also got refused in 2017 where I was going to do a business meeting in Canada and then again I got the tourist visa in 2018 which is valid until 2026.

We all are here to discuss and share our experiences and current trends to help other forum members and new applicants. May be you do agree with the point or not but visa policies do change and revise all the time for all countries, before there was no SDS program but now last month it was introduce for Pakistani applicants as well where they do get an answer within 20 days.

Every visa application is different and unique to each other but the point which they raise in their refusal letters are also beyond the understanding of a common person. Like they don’t even give you a satisfactory explanation and reason either so you can improve, you always have to improve things based upon your own assumptions. For example if you go through the UK visa refusal letter they most commonly refuse Pakistani applicants on finance because we are unable to provide them a satisfactory evidence about our income but they do mention, highlight and raise their concerns in their refusal letters, that this is the primary cause of the refusal of your UK visa, where we don’t see such details in Canada refusal letters.
Yes agree here but as you know policies is driven for each country so doing comparison with any one else is not fair , as you already mention earlier we were not part of SDS but now we can avail SDS (this does not guarantee visa but yes now we have option to avail this).

Also you must know Pakistan also perusing case to decide application directly here at Islamabad (not in Abu Dhabi but mostly all operation work performed locally here at Islamabad and only decision taken at Abu Dhabi or Ottawa or Edmonton. I am saying this after reading my first refusal gcms notes and they have all 3 offices added there for decision making).

My point only was before claiming anything we must have some evidence to prove our claim.

I read forum and found people think they must be granted visa all time but this is up to them to decide, yes may be sometime they don’t look deeper and refuse (this claim also I can prove but still).

So before drawing any conclusion we need to make sure we as a Pakistani not abusing our visa (so in future we can have visa more easily)

nmatter

May 12, 2019

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Yes agree here but as you know policies is driven for each country so doing comparison with any one else is not fair , as you already mention earlier we were not part of SDS but now we can avail SDS (this does not guarantee visa but yes now we have option to avail this).

Also you must know Pakistan also perusing case to decide application directly here at Islamabad (not in Abu Dhabi but mostly all operation work performed locally here at Islamabad and only decision taken at Abu Dhabi or Ottawa or Edmonton. I am saying this after reading my first refusal gcms notes and they have all 3 offices added there for decision making).

My point only was before claiming anything we must have some evidence to prove our claim.

I read forum and found people think they must be granted visa all time but this is up to them to decide, yes may be sometime they don’t look deeper and refuse (this claim also I can prove but still).

So before drawing any conclusion we need to make sure we as a Pakistani not abusing our visa (so in future we can have visa more easily)
To enhance one more thing here that all settlement cases are dealt in Islamabad where it require deep thorough investigation and background and they are successful as well, many skilled workers are migrating from Pakistan to Canada. The local VFS also transfer all the documents to Islamabad embassy from where they forward the documents digitally or physically to IRCC office Abu Dhabi and the local officers in Abu Dhabi from which most of them are appointed from different neighbouring countries and Pakistan as well take the decision on your and further forward it Canada office for final approvals and once the concluded the final approval they authorise the Embassy in Pakistan to paste the sticker in the passport and return it back to VFS office. So the Islamabad embassy only conduct the admin as per the advise of Abu Dhabi and Canada office. There is a post from a Pakistani guy @Mbukhari who got refused on 5th September who is already been to Canada twice in last 4 years and this time when he applied again he got refused, another airline purser @RockinSam got refused, and an IT guy @shayan1 from an known school in Pakistan got refused few of them got the decision even after 70 days so isn’t that unfair and uncertain ? @saif86 he got refused 5 times and there so many other applicants. So after all this refusals of Pakistani applicants we have no right to compare it from another country visa acceptance. Though it’s our responsibility to make our country reputable from such failures and we should start learning from these failures that how we can become a good powerful and law abiding country where every country welcomes the applicants of Pakistan so if we don’t accept our failure now we can never grow. @nmatter I have been through your posts you also got refused , my question is why you got refused in your first attempt ? As you mentioned in your previous posts you also got the UK visa, though according to my experience UK visa is the one which requires lots of documentation and it suppose to be the toughest visa on Pakistani passport because it requires too much documentation obtaining UK visa on a Pakistani passport is beyond a common Pakistani without having help from a professional because it have lots of technical questions which are beyond the understanding a common person living in Pakistan. So the one who obtained the UK visa on his own without taking any professional help in my opinion he is a very clever and talented person and I hope you also got it without the help of anyone and prepare your application accordingly and you did the exact same thing in your Canada visa application as well, you provided the best available documents in that impression they you will be approved but you got rejected so try to understand my point the conclusion I am giving is not my personal opinion it’s the experience of many applicants which I am sharing with you and other forum members. If you go through with my history you will also learn how strong visa profile I had and I have but that’s the not case here the point we are discussing here is about the unfair refusals and uncertain processing time.

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Another refusal from a family member,

Applied Paper Based on 25th June from Karachi, Pakistan
Documents received by IRCC on 30th June
Biometrics Correspondence email received on 5th September
Refusal Email Received on 10th September

Reasons:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

Don’t understand what family ties they wanted to see and what travel history ?

The Applicant mentioned clearly in his covering letter about the dependant relatives , also filled the family information and attached the NADRA family registration certificate.

The applicant travelled to Singapore, UAE, Qatar, Italy , Czech Republic, Germany. Currently holding Schengen valid until 2020 and just got US visa in May this year valid May 2024.

Applied as tourist for 5 days stay in Toronto as the applicant is travelling to USA in October for business exhibition and after the exhibition intend to visit Canada as a tourist for 5 days.

After 77 days the applicant got refused on the above grounds.

Last edited:

idntcaredou

Aug 13, 2019
Another refusal from a family member,

Applied Paper Based on 25th June from Karachi, Pakistan
Documents received by IRCC on 30th June
Biometrics Correspondence email received on 5th September
Refusal Email Received on 10th September

Reasons:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

Don’t understand what family ties they wanted to see and what travel history ?

The Applicant mentioned clearly in his covering letter about the dependant relatives , also filled the family information and attached the NADRA family registration certificate.

The applicant travelled to Singapore, UAE, Qatar, Italy , Czech Republic, Germany. Currently holding Schengen valid until 2020 and just got US visa in May this year valid May 2024.

Applied as tourist for 5 days stay in Toronto as the applicant is travelling to USA in September for business exhibition and after the exhibition intend to visit Canada as a tourist for 5 days.

After 77 days the applicant got refused on the above grounds.
when does your eligibilty review started?

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Now the trend is getting more stronger that these days Canada TRV is getting strict and tougher day by day for Pakistani applicants. Refusing Pakistani applicants after 75 days on irrelevant grounds, that’s unfair. @MAJOREJAZ he got refused on same grounds where he attached all the family documents. The list of refusals is goes on and on. Unfortunately there is no fair criteria to obtain the TRV and due to the misuse of Canada visa by Pakistani applicants now they are more strict and refusing visas for genuine applicants drastically.

A count ant

Apr 2, 2011
I am one of those 'careful' ones who doesnt apply to Canada just because I have a brother who lives there - making my case weaker. Do you think I should try some time though?

Mbukhari

Star Member
Aug 7, 2019
I am one of those 'careful' ones who doesnt apply to Canada just because I have a brother who lives there - making my case weaker. Do you think I should try some time though?
There are many applicants from Pakistan who got TRV despite having family ties in Canada. I guess giving a shot doesnt cost much

Reactions: A count ant

Shani143

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Hey can anyone tell me i got email that he need verification of my sponser so i will rply them today ?
so it is good sign or bad sign ?

Ayo_bamy

Aug 23, 2019
Not
Now the trend is getting more stronger that these days Canada TRV is getting strict and tougher day by day for Pakistani applicants. Refusing Pakistani applicants after 75 days on irrelevant grounds, that’s unfair. @MAJOREJAZ he got refused on same grounds where he attached all the family documents. The list of refusals is goes on and on. Unfortunately there is no fair criteria to obtain the TRV and due to the misuse of Canada visa by Pakistani applicants now they are more strict and refusing visas for genuine applicants drastically.
not just pakistani also Nigeria too I was refused today on same ground