Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
thank you for the response - i really appreciate it, couple more when you guys have a moment to spare

- is a travel itinerary the only requirement or do we need to confirm the ticket and attach that as the travel plans?
- will a medical be required for trv? anything we can prepare for ahead of time, appointments etc?

thank you
- there is always have to be a "Purpose of travel", if you are filing online you'll see it there is an option to upload. There is a "?" next to it, you can see all possible documents you can attach. It can be a well planned itinerary with air tickets and hotel stay (try refundable ones, you never know :) ). But that depends what is your actual purpose. I applied for my mother and attached my brother's convocation invite in the purpose of travel. I did not book/attach any air tickets as there was a different purpose. :)
- Visitor visa does not require a medical exam but requies Biometrics (you'll get a request after you apply).

hani13

Mar 11, 2013
o be a "Purpose of travel", if you are filing online you'll see it there is an opt
thank you for your prompt reply -

1) yes i had looked there and it mentioned "flight ticket" ---- "your travel Itinerary - such as places to visit" and since i have attached a "flight itinerary" i was not 100% if the requirement was an actual confirmed ticket or if just an itinerary could be used

2) i have the "purpose of travel" in the invitation letter (visit sister for birth of child) - did this need to be in the "purpose of travel" as well?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
thank you for your prompt reply -

1) yes i had looked there and it mentioned "flight ticket" ---- "your travel Itinerary - such as places to visit" and since i have attached a "flight itinerary" i was not 100% if the requirement was an actual confirmed ticket or if just an itinerary could be used

2) i have the "purpose of travel" in the invitation letter (visit sister for birth of child) - did this need to be in the "purpose of travel" as well?
Ideally, you should not mention that you are visiting for the new born as this would be considered as you working illegally for taking care of mother and new born, and could face rejections.

hani13

Mar 11, 2013
Ideally, you should not mention that you are visiting for the new born as this would be considered as you working illegally for taking care of mother and new born, and could face rejections.
oh boy - didnt think of that..i would think its a time of celebration and joy and for immediate family to be close for. do i need to change my entire application now? or just re word it?

thank you again !

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
oh boy - didnt think of that..i would think its a time of celebration and joy and for immediate family to be close for. do i need to change my entire application now? or just re word it?

thank you again !
Yeah this is a time for celebration for sure. But, visa applications work a certain way, as I have seen and read over various threads.

You can still show that you are visiting your sister and would not necessarily mention the reason as birth of her child. You can also mention that you are visiting some places around. But since this is not a strong reason, you have to have strong ties back home - property, a job etc.

hani13

Mar 11, 2013
Yeah this is a time for celebration for sure. But, visa applications work a certain way, as I have seen and read over various threads.

You can still show that you are visiting your sister and would not necessarily mention the reason as birth of her child. You can also mention that you are visiting some places around. But since this is not a strong reason, you have to have strong ties back home - property, a job etc.
i see ok - thanks for the information. hoping for the best

DON2

Jan 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied for mother’s visit visa from Karachi March 26th
Passport request 25 April
Passport with 9 years visa back on May 3

Reactions: myra20sharma

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I applied on 4th April and still no updates and it was paper base
Didi you link your file online? What does the account say? Is the Eligibility and Background in progress yet?

hani13

Mar 11, 2013
hi guys - normally how long after submission of online application do the biometric requests get sent out to applicant?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I tried to link but it's not working
While linking, please careful about upper cases and lower cases in names. And use Application number, if UCI is creating issues

hani13

Mar 11, 2013
Hi Myra - quick question for you.

normally how long after submission of online application do the biometric requests get sent out to applicant?