+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TOURIST VISA TIMELINE FROM KARACHI, PAKISTAN 2018-19

hani13

Mar 11, 2013
applying for trv for brother in law and had a couple questions if someone can help answer

- if we are submitting application online, should biometrics be completed while online application is in progress? prior to? or after submission of online application?
- do all the addtional supporting documents i have collected all go in "optional documents" ? we only see one "client information" option to upload file?

thank you

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
applying for trv for brother in law and had a couple questions if someone can help answer

- if we are submitting application online, should biometrics be completed while online application is in progress? prior to? or after submission of online application?
- do all the addtional supporting documents i have collected all go in "optional documents" ? we only see one "client information" option to upload file?

thank you
- Just have to pay now, and they'll send a biometric request with letter to get it done.
- Client info can be used to upload the additional docs, there a "?" against it, it will tell you what all you can upload there.

Shahzad Sharif

Mar 29, 2019
Is system not able to search your application?
Yes system not able to search my application my application online but I am not link it with my ID and I submitted my passport 22 February 2019 and till now not received passport back I apply for work permit thank you

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Yes system not able to search my application my application online but I am not link it with my ID and I submitted my passport 22 February 2019 and till now not received passport back I apply for work permit thank you
Try UCI number (without hyphens) and be very particular about "lower and upper case" letters.

hani13

Mar 11, 2013
- Just have to pay now, and they'll send a biometric request with letter to get it done.
- Client info can be used to upload the additional docs, there a "?" against it, it will tell you what all you can upload there.
thank you for the response.. had one more question.. we have collected over 20 supporting documents and are not sure where to attach them in the online application? should it all go under optional docs in one file? if i try to make one file with all docs it exceeds the size. any ideas?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
)
thank you for the response.. had one more question.. we have collected over 20 supporting documents and are not sure where to attach them in the online application? should it all go under optional docs in one file? if i try to make one file with all docs it exceeds the size. any ideas?
It depends;

I was inviting my mother(applicant), her bank details, my bank details, her job details etc. went in one PDF - 'proof of financial support'.
Everything else (my PR card, our lease to show her stay etc,) I attached in one PDF, with first page as an explanation letter from the applicant (my mom) this went to "Client info". It was again bigger than allowable limit, I googled 'PDF compress" there are a lot avlb online to compress the size. It worked for me.

hani13

Mar 11, 2013
)

It depends;

I was inviting my mother(applicant), her bank details, my bank details, her job details etc. went in one PDF - 'proof of financial support'.
Everything else (my PR card, our lease to show her stay etc,) I attached in one PDF, with first page as an explanation letter from the applicant (my mom) this went to "Client info". It was again bigger than allowable limit, I googled 'PDF compress" there are a lot avlb online to compress the size. It worked for me.
thanks for the response.. was just a little concerned that the doc might not open on the visa officer end if i compress using some 3rd party software. winzip doesnt seem to reduce it much.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
thanks for the response.. was just a little concerned that the doc might not open on the visa officer end if i compress using some 3rd party software. winzip doesnt seem to reduce it much.
Do not winzip. And when I compressed it I kept the format as .pdf only.
That worked for me, so just suggesting. :)

hani13

Mar 11, 2013
Do not winzip. And when I compressed it I kept the format as .pdf only.
That worked for me, so just suggesting. :)
thank you for the response - i really appreciate it, couple more when you guys have a moment to spare

- is a travel itinerary the only requirement or do we need to confirm the ticket and attach that as the travel plans?
- will a medical be required for trv? anything we can prepare for ahead of time, appointments etc?

thank you