+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto Scarborough Citizenship 2012

Noshy

Feb 15, 2007
Timeline:

We received your application on MAy31, 2011
We Sent letter ... May 31, 2011
We started processing your application on Feb 10, 2012.

Can anyone tell me if last statement in timeline implies that my case was transferred to scar- office.

Any update Saphi, ghamasa?

saphi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
most likely it was transfered already... because mines when into process on feb 20 and was transfer in march ..you can call cic and ask if your file has been transfered already..

thunderball

Sep 14, 2012
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 29, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 29, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 10, 2012.

i called cic call center yesterday and i was told that i should expect test by the end of jan....i called them about a month ago and then i was told that i should receive a test call before november...i dont know what is happenin with scarborough office

Noshy

Feb 15, 2007
"thunderball". You and me have the same Feb 10, 2012.

Coming week I'm intended to call CIC. Will update if get connected to them.

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys does any one need the phone number for Scarborough office i have it and i can expose this number :)

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gamasa said:
Guys does any one need the phone number for Scarborough office i have it and i can expose this number :)
Hi, please post it.

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trust me i will posted it just wait the for the good time :)

thunderball

Sep 14, 2012
@Noshy
That's right...I called them again and again I got a different month :) this time i was told that I should get it in October....I just can't wait for my test...any luck from yur side?

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
8) hi guys, need your advice,

Is it safe to travel outside Canada for 6 months after applying for citizenship ????????????

will it have any impact on my application??????????

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Hello Friends,

Here is my timeline

Mailed- June, 24th 2012 (Scarborough, ON)
Acknowledgment- July, 27th 2012 (received the letter of acknowledgement Sep, 02nd 2012)

My question is..

My wife is on maternity leave, I am working full time.
I have full 1095 days presence & I filled after one month of eligibility.
Do you think that I will get RQ?
If yes should I apply right now to reduce the time?

Thanks

samaabraham

Aug 7, 2012
Hi
Being close to 1095 is a factor that lead to an RQ. However, this is not the only factor. US visas and visits or ME visas or visits will increase the possibility of having an RQ to 90%. If you do not these kinds of visas, the possibility of getting an RQ is very low.

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Hi Samaabraham,

Thanks for your reply, no I don't have any visas & I never gone out of Canada.
I filed after more then one month of eligibility

Can I apply CBSC report and OHIP record in advance and send it to CIC? will it make bad effect on file?
I heard that CBSC report takes long time.

samaabraham

Aug 7, 2012
Yes, you can apply for the CBSA travel history and the health record as well but what i am sure of is that the immigration officer is not authorized to check any new documents and he will refuse to do that. If he suspects something in your application, he will RQ you, if not , wait for the ceremony. The only thing the officer asks you to bring is your passports and other IDs and the landing papers. This is what the officer told me when I had the interview. Believe me, if you do not have visas in other countries and not many travels, you will be OK. applying for the CBSA and health record is a good choice for you. Keep them with you in case you got an RQ. They are free. The CBSA takes about two months to get it. So have it , you lose nothing.

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Thanks for your guidence samaabraham.
Can you please help me how to apply for the CBSA & OHIP records ?
Thanks