+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto Scarborough Citizenship 2012

Asponsor

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
galingal said:
Good news, Scarborough is working fast now.. here is my timeline sent application mid Dec 2011, got booklet mid Jan 2012, but since then nothing shows on status online. I called CIC in last week of Jan 2013 to find out and my case was transferred to Scarborough office.
March 14,2013 got a letter to appear the test on March 28. Wish me luck for the test and hope you guys get good news too.
I took my test there recently, study hard. its not a walk in the park anymore...few questions that i received
- Pacific coast trade questions
- candidate won fed election, so what is she now...An MP
- why canada is a fed state because...responsibility is divided b/w fed and provinicial. it basically asking definition of a fed state
- which aboriginals live in arctic...Inuits
- voter's list question
- who can vote in canadian elections...canadian citizen...other options were Anyone, citizen and PR, dont remember the 4th
- which is not a lake...st. lawrence
- which is not a freedom of a canadian, prevent others from expressing themselves
- a responsibility question...like jury duty, vote and help others in the community
- which canadian flag was used before maple leaf...it was canadian Ensign
- when peace tower was completed...after world war-I
- Battle of vimmy ridge where "british soldiers were shocked"
- what is house of commons...chamber made up of MP's selected in their riding
- central canada provinces
- Beaver
- Men women equality
- Terry Fox cancer research

You may get the same booklet which i did but who knows....good luck.

EDMONTONPHIL

Dec 29, 2012
Asponsor said:
I took my test there recently, study hard. its not a walk in the park anymore...few questions that i received
- Pacific coast trade questions
- candidate won fed election, so what is she now...An MP
- why canada is a fed state because...responsibility is divided b/w fed and provinicial. it basically asking definition of a fed state
- which aboriginals live in arctic...Inuits
- voter's list question
- who can vote in canadian elections...canadian citizen...other options were Anyone, citizen and PR, dont remember the 4th
- which is not a lake...st. lawrence
- which is not a freedom of a canadian, prevent others from expressing themselves
- a responsibility question...like jury duty, vote and help others in the community
- which canadian flag was used before maple leaf...it was canadian Ensign
- when peace tower was completed...after world war-I
- Battle of vimmy ridge where "british soldiers were shocked"
- what is house of commons...chamber made up of MP's selected in their riding
- central canada provinces
- Beaver
- Men women equality
- Terry Fox cancer research

You may get the same booklet which i did but who knows....good luck.

Hey....We have the same set of booklet...that was exactly my questions when I took the citizenship test on the last week of February, 2013. I passed the test and ready for my citizenship oath tomorrow (March 27). By the way, I am from Edmonton.

Asponsor

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
EDMONTONPHIL said:
Hey....We have the same set of booklet...that was exactly my questions when I took the citizenship test on the last week of February, 2013. I passed the test and ready for my citizenship oath tomorrow (March 27). By the way, I am from Edmonton.
congrats. I hope i pass it too, got 2 or 3 wrong. they scan the tests right there so not sure why they don't tell the test result right away....

Asponsor

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Just remembered another one

- who supported the british in 1812 war against the US,
A-British soldiers
B-French and Canadian volunteers
C-Aboriginals
D- All of the above (correct)

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asponsor said:
I took my test there recently, study hard. its not a walk in the park anymore...
I also was surprised that the exam was more difficult than I expected. My friends who had done it before a few years ago said "oh it is so easy". But you never know. You might get easy questions or not. To everyone going to the test: study hard, use all kinds of material for studying (the book, mobile apps, online practice tests etc) and read also image captions!

thunderlight

Apr 5, 2013
hello guys, my test is in scarborough town centre this april the 29 at 1pm, anyone else coming that day? i will try to get the whole 20 questions correct, regards and thank you gamasa for your help

adharva

Apr 11, 2013
thunderlight said:
hello guys, my test is in scarborough town centre this april the 29 at 1pm, anyone else coming that day? i will try to get the whole 20 questions correct, regards and thank you gamasa for your help
Best Wishes for citizenship test. Can you please share your application timeline ?

mmmmmm

Apr 18, 2013
Hi everyone,

My timeline:

application sent March 19, 2012
sent acknowledgment letter March 19, 2012
in process Dec 3, 2012

called CIC recently, they said my file was transferred to Scarborough office. Nothing since... waiting for test date.

Shararti

Apr 22, 2013
Hi All,

I applied for my citizenship on March 5th, 2012. I called the CIC office today and they said that my file was transferred to the Scarborough office on January 24th, 2013 (online shows January 14, 2013). They said that it can take anywhere from 10 to 16 MONTHS for Scarborough to process the application! So according to him, I should be getting a text day in May 2014.

I have read numerous timelines on this site and most people have received their test date 4-6 months after the file has been transferred over to the Scarborough office.

Have things changed or did the agent provide incorrect information...

Asponsor

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Shararti said:
Hi All,

I applied for my citizenship on March 5th, 2012. I called the CIC office today and they said that my file was transferred to the Scarborough office on January 24th, 2013 (online shows January 14, 2013). They said that it can take anywhere from 10 to 16 MONTHS for Scarborough to process the application! So according to him, I should be getting a text day in May 2014.

I have read numerous timelines on this site and most people have received their test date 4-6 months after the file has been transferred over to the Scarborough office.

Have things changed or did the agent provide incorrect information...
They give you an average processing time but I am sure it will take less than a year for you to get the test letter.

Unless the agent is very shararti :)

Shararti

Apr 22, 2013
Asponsor said:
They give you an average processing time but I am sure it will take less than a year for you to get the test letter.

Unless the agent is very shararti :)
Hah ha...thanks for the reply. But even the average timeline that the agent quoted seems a lot longer than I expected. I have noticed that most members here have received their test date within 6 months of Scarborough starting to process their application. Hopefully my application will fall within the same category!

galingal

Oct 4, 2012
Citizenship immigration Canada
770 Don Mills Road, Toronto
Date: 2013-04-29
Time: 8:00 AM
Description: 62 new Canadians will receive their citizenship.
Citizenship Judge Joyce Frustaglio will preside.
Open to Public: Yes
Telephone: (888)242-2100
That is the last day of Apr. For may and June doesn't have any schedule yet but Mississauga does. That is making me curious also.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Nordicgirl said:
I also was surprised that the exam was more difficult than I expected. My friends who had done it before a few years ago said "oh it is so easy". But you never know. You might get easy questions or not. To everyone going to the test: study hard, use all kinds of material for studying (the book, mobile apps, online practice tests etc) and read also image captions!
what is the minimum to pass a test?
thanks