+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Today they've opened applications submitted on..

Kw8Un0NK

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Please use this topic to share a date which CIC starts to process <today>.

So I called them today and they said they've opened applications submitted on July 11, 2013.

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kw8Un0NK said:
How it is related to subject of the topic?
By knowing when the CIC office actually received your application, you can know how long it takes for your application to reach them, sometimes not everyone's application get to them at the same time and does not get opened at the same time.
So you can determine how long it the VOs to open files from the day they receive them.

Kw8Un0NK

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
sask28 said:
By knowing when the CIC office actually received your application, you can know how long it takes for your application to reach them, sometimes not everyone's application get to them at the same time and does not get opened at the same time.
So you can determine how long it the VOs to open files from the day they receive them.
How knowing just one day (asked by pnp) from my timeline will help you figuring out other?

Kw8Un0NK

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
I called them and they started to process applications received on July 18th.
It took them 6 business days to open applications received during 5 business days. It seems that backlog is not decreasing. Need more stats to be sure.
It would be great to have some people calling them once a week and sharing information here.

Kw8Un0NK

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Still July 18th.... :eek:

I asked when they verify completeness of application package and they do it when they start processing. Now I am puzzled how some people reported they applied in September and their documents were returned already...

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
This information in their internal database is being updated the same day they are updating the processing times on CIC website. The last time there was an update on processing times on CIC website was on October 2nd. So they were processing applications received on July 18th as of October 2nd. There should be another update tomorrow (Thursday). So, call tomorrow afternoon or on Friday, and you will see that it is not July 18th anymore.

Kw8Un0NK said:
Still July 18th.... :eek:

I asked when they verify completeness of application package and they do it when they start processing. Now I am puzzled how some people reported they applied in September and their documents were returned already...