+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To all Members - Read Helpful Hints ..before applying to buffalo

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found this, "Do not send originals unless otherwise stated. Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be originals. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals."

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGlish/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

So, my wife's birth-certificate is not in English and it was translated here in the US by a certified translator. Does that mean, she still has to send a notarized copy of the translated birth-certificate (not the original one) and the original birth-certificate in her native language? What if they lose the certificate? How would they return that? Do I need to send a prepaid envelope?

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
divagirl said:
Only PCCs should be originals, all others should be either copies or notarized copies only.
The Helpful Hints (above) does not talk about needing originals, but if you read my post right above yours (in red) that I got from the Checklist and it says that they need the original along with the notarized copy of the English translation. I want to mail my application today or tomorrow and I am going crazy.

onlyy44

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
I am confused too... that is why I asking somebody to give advise to us. How they send the documents and write them experience. I know all case are different but maybe can help.

onlyy44

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Ok. I call CIC in Canada (the person was very nice) and ask about rubber band and staples. He told me do not staple any documents (if they say on documents then You should). when You read the helpful hints You can see

"Securely staple the cost recovery cheque to the bottom front page of the application form (IMM 0008 Generic) so that it can be easily seen when the application package is opened.

Place immigration photos in an envelope and staple the envelope to the second page of the application being careful not to put a staple through the photos."

only that You staples, they told me to - don't worry if is more then one page leave without staple.

About additional documents - (there are not on the check list) - You can add or not - depends on You. - If they need some additional documents they ask for it.

help a little bit - I hope.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Did you happen to ask if most of the document are stapled would they reject the process of theapplication. I hope not because I stapled most of my documents.

onlyy44

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
I didn't ask but what he told me that they don't like that - all case are different - depends who take Your application.

onlyy44

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hi!

I have a question for people who send the documents to Buffalo Office - AINP Only (employer steam)

what is Your experience with sending documents to Buffalo

• how You have to prepare the documents?
  • did You staples documents with more then one page?
  • or did You leave without staples?
  • did You add additional documents?
  • did You staples how they want on helpful hints (money order on first page photos on second page (separate envelope for family member)
  • did You put money order separate for all family members?
  • did your application back to You (what was wrong with)
  • they ask for some additional documents? (what kind of)

some advice?

regards

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
If mean if they are stapled what's the big deal. Don't like them. When you translate so many documents you have no choice than staple them together since they can't read other language than English and French. In my opinion it makes their job easier especially when you staple documents that belong together. As long they use their common sense.
Don't u agree.

A

Albertagoverner

MARLENA said:
If mean if they are stapled what's the big deal. Don't like them. When you translate so many documents you have no choice than staple them together since they can't read other language than English and French. In my opinion it makes their job easier especially when you staple documents that belong together. As long they use their common sense.
Don't u agree.
Folks:
I think staples have become a really big issue. Remember, Some instructions are like a suggestion. It does not mean that CIC will put you in Jail if you stapled some papers. Or CIC will deny the PR Visa just because you stapled some documents regardless of your merit and eligibility. Just do whatever is necessary at time of sending application. CIC suggested not to use staples because they recieve hundreds of packets in mail room and while those packets are opened by Docket Analysts and put them in their respective category/Dockets. Docket Analysts do this work sometimes very fastly and chances of riping the documents are high. During this process pins, staples may rip the money order/Bank Draft or FBI check or Photos therefore they suggest rubberband.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
i am not very bright, but if they say don't staple - i won't staple.
i just used 1 big paper clip to keep all the pages together, and i don't consider 1 as 'excessive'

it's all spelled it out for you guys. read and follow instructions. don't make a thesis out of it:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/quebec_prov_hints-conseils.aspx?lang=eng

A

Albertagoverner

nomad_musafir said:
i am not very bright, but if they say don't staple - i won't staple.
i just used 1 big paper clip to keep all the pages together, and i don't consider 1 as 'excessive'

it's all spelled it out for you guys. read and follow instructions. don't make a thesis out of it:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/quebec_prov_hints-conseils.aspx?lang=eng

Folks;

Read, consult with the office specific instructions guide but still do whatever is necessary at the time of sending application. Staple in not a Murphy's law which everyboy has to follow.

tessv106

Jan 13, 2009
hi everyone,

In the "Helpful Hints", it did not say wether we would attach the checklist or not. In E37048.pdf, Buffalo,Visa Specific Instructions it says,
"Appendix A
Checklist
Gather documents as listed. Check () each item on the checklist and attach the checklist to your
documents (a paper clip will do
). Place all documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals unless
otherwise stated. Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be
originals. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy
of the originals"

So do we still need to attach the document checlikst or do we follow the instructions in the "Helpful Hints".

Thank you so much.

mango.lassee

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
Re: To all Members - Read Helpful Hints ..before applying to buffalo..Photos

Hi all,

I got my CIC photos thru CVS (used a memory card where a passport size picture saved). When you go to CVS, they have the regular 2x2 passport photo option and also, additional options where you will find the size required for CIC (if I remember correctly, I was able to select 1.37 x 1.77 using this option at CVS, which matches the photo template in the Appendix). You get 8 photos this way and you have to pay ~10$ (depending on which state you live).

I've also heard of a friend using Walmart (inexpensive- my friend got 8 pictures for 29 cents!).

Remember to look for the 'additional options' when you use the imaging software at CVS and Walmart, it may save you some $$.

rexzone1

Oct 3, 2009
Can you please help me for a query.
I am applying for PR under the category of Nova Scotia Provinvial nominee.
As per the CIC website Right of Permanent Residence Fee (me and spouse 490 CAD total of 980 CAD).
Family Class Principal applicant 550 CAD and spouse over 24 years 550 CAD total of 1100 CAD.
So both of them totalling to 2080 CAD.
But on one of the forums I read that someone is saying that only 550 CAD for the principal applicant and 550 CAD for the spouse.
Could you please clarify this for me.

Thank you.
Ravi